IGNORED

Pearson On Camera

cityfan

2 hours ago, cityfan said:

For an experienced manager who has been in front of the camera probably thousands of times, why can he not look at the interviewer or down the lens so that he is addressing us!?  All you ever see is the side of his head.  For someone so critical of the players, likely justified, he would be a lot more believable if he didn't hide away when saying it by looking down and sideways.

If NP reads these threads, please look down the barrel of the camera.  It's not that hard and you will come across with far more authority and candour.

What a dumb post............?

2 hours ago, cityfan said:

For an experienced manager who has been in front of the camera probably thousands of times, why can he not look at the interviewer or down the lens so that he is addressing us!?  All you ever see is the side of his head.  For someone so critical of the players, likely justified, he would be a lot more believable if he didn't hide away when saying it by looking down and sideways.

If NP reads these threads, please look down the barrel of the camera.  It's not that hard and you will come across with far more authority and candour.

Have you run out of things to moan about today?! ?

I hate it when people being interviewed look down the camera instead of talking to the interviewer, watch any North American sports shows with a panel of talking heads, they all do it and it drives me nuts,  always has tbh! Watching Superbowl in the UK when they have Americans as guests, they do it too, aaarrrgghhh!!!

3 hours ago, Riaz said:

I like his style. He's thinking about his answer. And usually gives a considered answer.

No complaints from me.

I totally agree with you. NP is totally professional in all aspects of his Job, including dealing with the media. He thinks about what he is going to say before he says it.  In that way he can criticise the players that need criticism and praise those that need praise, without offending or upsetting anyone.

The OP could be onto something here.

I wonder if he addresses the players in the same way?

If he's looking to the side and not at them directly, perhaps that's what the issue is - they all think NP is talking to someone on the other side of the room and not them!!

Perhaps he has met Steve in person before this week, but just didn't realise it because he was looking in a different direction :bonkers:

2 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

This thread has made I larf.

Maybe he should go full on WWE! Full on serial killer stare, then grab the mic and start growling incoherent sentences whilst contorting facial muscles that would make a champion gurner look ordinary!

Why would he want to copy Holloway?

12 hours ago, cityfan said:

Typical gas . Watched his mate @markcartergetting sussed so tried to derail us all ?? 

oh oh I know I’ll say he’s shit because he doesn’t look at the camera ???

enjoy the 4th division ******** 

I think this validates my point

""I think what's unfortunate for him is he adores and loves football, just pure football. It's all the circus around football that gets to him, that he doesn't like. All the media talk that as a manager, you have to do, like your press conference, you have to sit there and listen to all these questions. I think he just wants to be a coach, I think he just wants to be out there on the pitch doing that, what he loves."

This is from the Kasper Schmeichel interview posted on these boards.

It would just be better as a viewer if he looked at his interviewer.  It is hard to watch, even if what he say's is good and appropriate.

4 minutes ago, cityfan said:

I think this validates my point

""I think what's unfortunate for him is he adores and loves football, just pure football. It's all the circus around football that gets to him, that he doesn't like. All the media talk that as a manager, you have to do, like your press conference, you have to sit there and listen to all these questions. I think he just wants to be a coach, I think he just wants to be out there on the pitch doing that, what he loves."

This is from the Kasper Schmeichel interview posted on these boards.

It would just be better as a viewer if he looked at his interviewer.  It is hard to watch, even if what he say's is good and appropriate.

`You also said he should look into the camera...............credit for trying to style it out though.

Archived