IGNORED

Line of Duty

The Coach

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

Can't believe there isn't a topic on Line of Duty. Surely must be one of the greatest TV shows (if not the greatest) BBC have aired this century. 

Peaky Blinders was that accolade. Before that it was I Cladius of the last century.

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

This is the last series.

It seems to be coming to a natural conclusion with old plot points being tied up however there has been no definitive answer as to whether it is or isn't the last season. 

20 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

It seems to be coming to a natural conclusion with old plot points being tied up however there has been no definitive answer as to whether it is or isn't the last season. 

The trailer for the last episode certainly suggests it may be.

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

It was stated before this season stated by Jed Murcurio, he's got too much other stuff going on.

About the possibility of a new series, creator Jed Mercurio told Radio Times last month: “We’re in a situation where it’s not entirely clear that there will be a seventh series.”

He added: “We would hope there could be. But we’re having to do our planning coming out of Covid, and a whole bunch of other things around the idea that these things aren’t guaranteed at all now.”

18 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

About the possibility of a new series, creator Jed Mercurio told Radio Times last month: “We’re in a situation where it’s not entirely clear that there will be a seventh series.”

He added: “We would hope there could be. But we’re having to do our planning coming out of Covid, and a whole bunch of other things around the idea that these things aren’t guaranteed at all now.”

I read something different, not in the RT. Can't remember where.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I read something different, not in the RT. Can't remember where.

A few places are quoting along the lines of above, they're not committing to one yet but they're not ruling it out either. Will probably come down to whether they can write a story they want to tell rather than just sticking something out there.

I Claudious was indeed compelling and addictive viewing. I wish the BBC would repeat it after 40 odd years. BBC3 would be the ideal channel

As you haven’t  seen Peaky Blinders - it’s an absolutely brilliant series. It’s my favourite recent drama.

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Never seen PB, but 1CLAVDIVS was brilliant, got the DVD box set.

Really love LOD  it is so gripping .

I would really try Peaky Blinders if I were you. Just as good as Line of Duty imo.

53 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Peaky Blinders is great. Last series a disappointment though imo

I agree, the early series are the better ones. The very first episode hooked me immediately. The entire series is very stylish and compelling. 

It was the time period that let the last series to be disappointing.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Presumably we’ve all seen that when he took him out of prison Jimmy Lakewell said to Steve Arnott...

”Look beyond the race claim to find H.”

Race Claim + H is an anagram of...

PS, it’s worth asking Alexa who H is!

I'm not good at anagrams but I think I've worked that out.

I actually hope not, I'd prefer that character to just be an infuriating piece of shit, rather than an actual criminal.

I don't know if this is the greatest BBC show of all time, but there's no doubt that this was the greatest ever line uttered by any human being in all of history.

EN2ZnuI.jpg

6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Presumably we’ve all seen that when he took him out of prison Jimmy Lakewell said to Steve Arnott...

”Look beyond the race claim to find H.”

Race Claim + H is an anagram of...

PS, it’s worth asking Alexa who H is!

I think that character is too obvious. Would people really be surprised if they turned out to be evil? 

I was also intrigued by a moment last week when said character said they were a pragmatist whilst taking action that would be more likely to lead to H being apprehended when they clearly had the evidence to keep them detained. I'm starting to wonder if the anagram - and the instagram spelling mistake the actress made a few weeks ago - are deliberate red herrings.

The trailer has got me asking a question and I'm starting to wonder if H could be someone completely unthinkable...

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think that character is too obvious. Would people really be surprised if they turned out to be evil? 

I was also intrigued by a moment last week when said character said they were a pragmatist whilst taking action that would be more likely to lead to H being apprehended when they clearly had the evidence to keep them detained. I'm starting to wonder if the anagram - and the instagram spelling mistake the actress made a few weeks ago - are deliberate red herrings.

The trailer has got me asking a question and I'm starting to wonder if H could be someone completely unthinkable...

I’m not aware of the Instagram spelling thing? Please do tell?

I think I’m right in saying that we were told we’d find out who H was in this series? If so, Sunday’s was 6 of 7, and so it would have had to become more obvious then surely? Or maybe not?

It would be good if it were Arnott or Fleming!

Is it just me or is this current series just not quite as good as the previous ones?

Also, did anyone else think the opening sequence to Sunday's episode a bit odd as in why did Kate and Jo need to flee the scene? What edge did it give to either of them? Was that explained anywhere during the rest of the prog while I was resting my eyes (briefly!)?? 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

I’m not aware of the Instagram spelling thing? Please do tell?

I think I’m right in saying that we were told we’d find out who H was in this series? If so, Sunday’s was 6 of 7, and so it would have had to become more obvious then surely? Or maybe not?

It would be good if it were Arnott or Fleming!

Anna Maxwell Martin misspelled "definitely" on an Instagram one week before the series aired...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/line-duty-fan-spots-h-23981326

In terms of your last comment, I think there are three shots where this trailer strongly implies one character in particular...

The same person appears as the word H is said, on the fourth dash of the morse code sounds effect and at the very end of the trailer. Said character also has an H in the full spelling of their first name but not the name they use in the series and would be very well placed to manipulate investigations and know what is going on on the inside. 

Wondering if the answer is hiding in plain sight. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Is it just me or is this current series just not quite as good as the previous ones?

Also, did anyone else think the opening sequence to Sunday's episode a bit odd as in why did Kate and Jo need to flee the scene? What edge did it give to either of them? Was that explained anywhere during the rest of the prog while I was resting my eyes (briefly!)?? 

It wasn't explained and I'm wondering if it will be Sunday. It is, to say the least, suspicious. 

Not sure if we still have spoiler text so sticking my thoughts in white text so its hard for anyone who doesn't want to read it

I think Osborne will be H, would be neat to come full circle that the guy who kicked the whole show off as Steve's reason for joining AC12 is the man they've been searching for, increased links to the first season atm as well would make sense for bringing the character back beyond being chief constable. I think Carmichael is a either a red herring or just ambitious and has nailed her mast to Osborne as a way to rise through the ranks not knowing he's bent. Similar to Hastings not wanting to believe Dryden was bent because of his potential promotion. I also wanted Pilkington to be killed off by the OCG as comeuppance, think the death he got was too good for him haha

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Not sure if we still have spoiler text so sticking my thoughts in white text so its hard for anyone who doesn't want to read it

I think Osborne will be H, would be neat to come full circle that the guy who kicked the whole show off as Steve's reason for joining AC12 is the man they've been searching for, increased links to the first season atm as well would make sense for bringing the character back beyond being chief constable. I think Carmichael is a either a red herring or just ambitious and has nailed her mast to Osborne as a way to rise through the ranks not knowing he's bent. Similar to Hastings not wanting to believe Dryden was bent because of his potential promotion. I also wanted Pilkington to be killed off by the OCG as comeuppance, think the death he got was too good for him haha

Oooh that’s clever! ???

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I’m guessing the white text trick and not the content ?

Gonna try it myself.

Sticking my neck on the line and saying H is DI Katherine Fleming.

1) The trailer implies it

2) We know she is incredibly skilled at being undercover

3) She continually puts herself in the exact position H needs to be to directly influence investigations

4) Carmichael released her because she's a "pragmatist" rather than interview her.

5) She had no legal reason to run last week but it was enough to build Davidson's trust and ensure she said nothing that accidentally could have incriminated her.

6) It has to be someone where it is a meaningful enough reveal to be a twist. Not going to be the case with Carmichael or Osbourne. There has to be something unexpected and I can't see that being Arnott or Hastings.

1 hour ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

I've found this series much better than series 5 which seemed to be a lot of setting up a 'final series' which may not be final now. All apart from the last episode we've just had which I found a bit ponderous (how long did that interview last? like 35 minutes?!). I've found it a return to the brilliance of series 2 with Lindsay Denton etc.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Gonna try it myself.

Sticking my neck on the line and saying H is DI Katherine Fleming.

1) The trailer implies it

2) We know she is incredibly skilled at being undercover

3) She continually puts herself in the exact position H needs to be to directly influence investigations

4) Carmichael released her because she's a "pragmatist" rather than interview her.

5) She had no legal reason to run last week but it was enough to build Davidson's trust and ensure she said nothing that accidentally could have incriminated her.

6) It has to be someone where it is a meaningful enough reveal to be a twist. Not going to be the case with Carmichael or Osbourne. There has to be something unexpected and I can't see that being Arnott or Hastings.

Yeah its a good point about Osborne, surely we'd have seen him in person this season if it was going to be him, I'm not sure about Fleming if she's H why the need for Pilkington to kill her off? Unless the laptop was Thurwell acting without H's instructions? Carmichael has appeared around the right time to have enough screen time before a twist. 

Archived