IGNORED

Line of Duty

The Coach

3 hours ago, Selred said:

Few reasons why I don't believe this is the last season. 

Buckells is too easy. 

We don't know who Davidsons "Dad" was. 

Lomax and Hunter Jnr at the end. 

Fairbanks wasn’t it? 

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not quite, pretty sure there are anti-corruption departments within the police @Fordy62

There certainly are. Never had any dealings myself personally but as you can imagine, there aren’t many people that know a lot about them. 

Statistically if you employ that many people, you’re gonna get a few wrong’uns. 

7 hours ago, Selred said:

Few reasons why I don't believe this is the last season. 

Buckells is too easy. 

We don't know who Davidsons "Dad" was. 

Lomax and Hunter Jnr at the end. 

Osborne and Carmichael still there?

38 minutes ago, Redpool said:

No, Tommy Hunter I thought? Her apparent Uncle was actually her Father

Was on about who she is thought her dad was, we got told about Tommy, the most confirmation we got about Davidson thinking her father was Fairbanks was the three of them interviewing him

13 minutes ago, Midred said:

Osborne and Carmichael still there?

Yeah it's easy to see how series 7 could happen.

Carmichael (who's just horribly passive aggressive not bent) takes on board what Hastings said and starts investigating high ranking officers like Osborne. 

Rather underwhelming season finale....Buckells was not who I expected H to be......wanted a plot twist that would have left me astounded and got.......well, an underwhelming (but plausible) ending. 

Not sure what witnesses protection would stretch to that house though ?

13 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

There certainly are. Never had any dealings myself personally but as you can imagine, there aren’t many people that know a lot about them. 

Statistically if you employ that many people, you’re gonna get a few wrong’uns. 

Aren't they nicknamed "rubberheels " ?

18 hours ago, Offside said:

I was really underwhelmed by yesterday’s finale. It just seemed to fizzle out and I couldn’t even remember Buckells from the previous series. 

I found that with several characters this series, I kept wondering if they were deliberately going back to characters from the first 2 series to confuse us.

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I found that with several characters this series, I kept wondering if they were deliberately going back to characters from the first 2 series to confuse us.

Trying to tie everything together.

Watch the final episode last night. 

Thought it was underwhelming and ultimately disappointing.

On the other hand I thought the Tunnel was excellent, being based on the Bridge, which was even better (if you can put up with the subtitles.)

As a one off series based on a true story then the Serpent is very good.

6 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

On the other hand I thought the Tunnel was excellent, being based on the Bridge, which was even better (if you can put up with the subtitles.)

Yes, enjoyed this. On BBC iPlayer I think.

On 02/05/2021 at 22:13, Fordy62 said:

Ahhh Dexter. My one true love. My god that was a crap ending tho. Good job there was the ending to season four!

Be interesting to see what they do with the new series of Dexter

• Admin
On 10/05/2021 at 15:18, Frenchay Red said:

I had never watched line of duty and decided to binge watch it over the past few weeks 

I hate to say I didn't think it was all that special. Each series basically followed the same story and got very predictable very quickly. 

It's possibly because I did watch it back to back and the build of excitement etc due to having to wait a week wasn't there 

One bonus watching it this way, it was easy to remember characters from previous series being mentioned as I'd have completely forgotten if I was watching a year later etc

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I had never watched line of duty and decided to binge watch it over the past few weeks 

I hate to say I didn't think it was all that special. Each series basically followed the same story and got very predictable very quickly. 

It's possibly because I did watch it back to back and the build of excitement etc due to having to wait a week wasn't there 

One bonus watching it this way, it was easy to remember characters from previous series being mentioned as I'd have completely forgotten if I was watching a year later etc

I think the earlier series were much better.

Having said that we've just  finished watching Keeping Faith, final series. I have to say I thought it was very poor and wished I'd followed my instinct to bin it after just a few episodes of series 1 

Archived