IGNORED

Line of Duty

The Coach

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Yeah its a good point about Osborne, surely we'd have seen him in person this season if it was going to be him, I'm not sure about Fleming if she's H why the need for Pilkington to kill her off? Unless the laptop was Thurwell acting without H's instructions? Carmichael has appeared around the right time to have enough screen time before a twist. 

@Lrrr @LondonBristolian

can you two bloody stop it? I spend enough time on otib as it is without having to copy and paste everything*

my intention had been to write this is white so you’d have to waste your time reading it. But the sad truth is I don’t know how to write in white. 

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

@Lrrr @LondonBristolian

can you two bloody stop it? I spend enough time on otib as it is without having to copy and paste everything*

my intention had been to write this is white so you’d have to waste your time reading it. But the sad truth is I don’t know how to write in white. 

I mean you don’t have to copy and paste if you’re on a computer, just drag over it and it highlights it.

to actually do it click on the A and it brings up text options 

32 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It would be a shock for the sake of being a shock, rather than it making much sense imo. Unless I've missed some subtle clues.

Agreed. They might do it just for the shock value, but I just can't see how they can do that with any credibility.

I might be able to understand it if that’s how they spun another season out, a season where they’ve been exposed in the finale and the next season about trying to bring them down while showing flashbacks where they’ve interfered, mislead etc and scenes of them being H previously. I still don’t think it will be though.

15 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Yeah its a good point about Osborne, surely we'd have seen him in person this season if it was going to be him, I'm not sure about Fleming if she's H why the need for Pilkington to kill her off? Unless the laptop was Thurwell acting without H's instructions? Carmichael has appeared around the right time to have enough screen time before a twist. 

Decided not to write in white so SPOILERS AHEAD:

Thing is we don't actually know Ryan Pilkington did try to kill Kate. We know a situation was created so both Davidson and AC-12 believe that Pilkington had tried to kill Kate. But, hypothetically

a) Davidson had said she wanted to quit and Kate knows AC-12 are onto her. If Kate WAS H, convincing Davidson that H wanted Kate dead would be a good way to make sure Davidson had no suspicions she could give away in an interview. And faking an escape with Davidson to protect her would be a good way to get Davidson's trust so she'd not betray anything Kate said that could give herself away either.

b) Pilkington had outlived his usefulness, was known to be corrupt so was sure to be caught and was becoming a loose cannon. If Kate was H, convincing him to take part in a plan where Jo believed she was luring Kate to her death whilst telling Ryan the real plan was to kill Jo would be an effective way to dispose of Ryan whilst avoiding suspicion.

c) If the OCG wanted Kate dead, why not just get Pilkington to kill her near her home? Why involve Jo at all? It only complicates the plan. We've seen Ryan point a gun at Jo's head on her own doorstep so he can clearly get to an officer's house unseen.

The plan to kill Kate could just as easily be a plan to kill Ryan, incriminate Jo, draw suspicion away from Kate and ensure Jo's silence...

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Seen lots of people say they think H is Kate Fleming. I can't see why.

The guy that plays Ted said in an interview that there has been a big clue as to who H is.

The only real clue I can think of is 'H' communicating on the computer, spelling the word 'definitely' incorrectly. Spelling it 'definately'. Ted himself spelt it that way in a previous series.

If it is Kate then I can't see what that clue is.

She didn't know straight away where she knew Ryan Pilkington from, only knowing when Arnott had told her.

It would be a shock for the sake of being a shock, rather than it making much sense imo. Unless I've missed some subtle clues.

She  could have given the impression she didn't know where she knew Ryan Pilkington from. But could have done that - and also highlighted that she did - so that nobody found it odd they were on the same team together and she had said nothing.

That said, if it is her, there is only one subtle clue I can think of, which is a shot of her full name on the police database, with an H in it. That would be subtle as, mind.

20 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Decided not to write in white so SPOILERS AHEAD:

Thing is we don't actually know Ryan Pilkington did try to kill Kate. We know a situation was created so both Davidson and AC-12 believe that Pilkington had tried to kill Kate. But, hypothetically

a) Davidson had said she wanted to quit and Kate knows AC-12 are onto her. If Kate WAS H, convincing Davidson that H wanted Kate dead would be a good way to make sure Davidson had no suspicions she could give away in an interview. And faking an escape with Davidson to protect her would be a good way to get Davidson's trust so she'd not betray anything Kate said that could give herself away either.

b) Pilkington had outlived his usefulness, was known to be corrupt so was sure to be caught and was becoming a loose cannon. If Kate was H, convincing him to take part in a plan where Jo believed she was luring Kate to her death whilst telling Ryan the real plan was to kill Jo would be an effective way to dispose of Ryan whilst avoiding suspicion.

c) If the OCG wanted Kate dead, why not just get Pilkington to kill her near her home? Why involve Jo at all? It only complicates the plan. We've seen Ryan point a gun at Jo's head on her own doorstep so he can clearly get to an officer's house unseen.

The plan to kill Kate could just as easily be a plan to kill Ryan, incriminate Jo, draw suspicion away from Kate and ensure Jo's silence...

I'm not sure that works. Pilkington had a loaded gun and was obviously willing to kill Kate. If Kate is H, then it's one hell of a risk for the head of a powerful crime group to go to an abandoned car park to meet somebody who wants to kill you. 

It's also unlikely that neither Pilkington or Davidson knew who H was.

2 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I'm not sure that works. Pilkington had a loaded gun and was obviously willing to kill Kate. If Kate is H, then it's one hell of a risk for the head of a powerful crime group to go to an abandoned car park to meet somebody who wants to kill you. 

It's also unlikely that neither Pilkington or Davidson knew who H was.

If Davidson knows who H is, why the need for anonymous messages on a laptop?

If Pilkington knows who H is, the gun is irrelevant. He could have been told to point it at Kate and threaten her to throw Jo and AC-12 off the scent. All it would need is for him to play along is to believe the end game was that Jo, rather than he, would get shot. 

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

If Davidson knows who H is, why the need for anonymous messages on a laptop?

If Pilkington knows who H is, the gun is irrelevant. He could have been told to point it at Kate and threaten her to throw Jo and AC-12 off the scent. All it would need is for him to play along is to believe the end game was that Jo, rather than he, would get shot. 

The anonymous messages would be so the police couldn't trace who it was if they ever got their hands on the laptop. Plus it looks like the person sending the messages was Jimmy Nesbitt not H.

If Pilkington knows who H is, pointing a loaded gun at H in a Mexican standoff is a very sure fire way of either getting killed or killing H. 

I don't think it adds up, but the show has done less crazy things I guess. ? Davidson did mention that there was a split in the OCG, I guess Pilkington and H could be on different sides of an OCG civil war.

On 28/04/2021 at 10:00, BS2 Red said:

The anonymous messages would be so the police couldn't trace who it was if they ever got their hands on the laptop. Plus it looks like the person sending the messages was Jimmy Nesbitt not H.

If Pilkington knows who H is, pointing a loaded gun at H in a Mexican standoff is a very sure fire way of either getting killed or killing H. 

I don't think it adds up, but the show has done less crazy things I guess. ? Davidson did mention that there was a split in the OCG, I guess Pilkington and H could be on different sides of an OCG civil war.

It's a bit weird using his picture, we haven't actually seen him as a character. A VPN would make the messages look like they were coming from anywhere.

H is Ted Hastings.........He’s in charge of AC12 - the perfect cover, the last person anyone would expect to be a bent copper. 

He’s due to retire and doesn’t want to but his boss(s) are pushing him - do they know that he’s H? but can’t expose him because he’ll become a whistle blower?

The plot thickens............:cool2:

46 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's a bit weird using his picture, we haven't actually seen him as a character. A VPN would make the messages look like they were coming from anywhere.

I agree a VPN would do that, but I think in the context of the show it's clear they traced it to Spain and Jimmy N.

I think he's still alive, as you say why use his picture otherwise? But I'd love for the photo to just be a joke and Nesbitt to never actually appear.

7 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I agree a VPN would do that, but I think in the context of the show it's clear they traced it to Spain and Jimmy N.

I think he's still alive, as you say why use his picture otherwise? But I'd love for the photo to just be a joke and Nesbitt to never actually appear.

There is also the suggestion that H is a group within the OCG, a sort of Board of Directors, so that could explain all the apparent red herrings. However, the idea that they are going to tie this all up in one 60 minute episode, fills me with dread. I think there will be a lot of very disappointed people by 10pm Sunday night.

27 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

They were filming in Northern Ireland and Jimmy Nesbitt has worked with the writer before. They got him to "film" the Spanish pictures in Belfast Harbour, it may of just been a cheeky fun cameo which only took a morning to do?

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There is also the suggestion that H is a group within the OCG, a sort of Board of Directors, so that could explain all the apparent red herrings. However, the idea that they are going to tie this all up in one 60 minute episode, fills me with dread. I think there will be a lot of very disappointed people by 10pm Sunday night.

I don't think they've confirmed it's the last ever episode have they? The rumours suggest it could be, I hope not as I love the show and like you say there is way too much to wrap up.

58 minutes ago, Selred said:

They were filming in Northern Ireland and Jimmy Nesbitt has worked with the writer before. They got him to "film" the Spanish pictures in Belfast Harbour, it may of just been a cheeky fun cameo which only took a morning to do?

Jimmy Nebsitt has begged to the writer to be in the programme , and wanted the role Stephen Graham played.  Could be some fun from the writer of having Jimmy in the programme but only as a picture ! ?

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Am I right in thinking Jackie Laverty's body is still missing? Cannot remember if she was found but, if not, could her body have found its way to Spain as a decoy?

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

I don't think they've confirmed it's the last ever episode have they? The rumours suggest it could be, I hope not as I love the show and like you say there is way too much to wrap up.

From what's been said, my impression is that Sunday's episode would function as a series finale if there never was another series but the preference is to do another series if possible. 

54 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Am I right in thinking Jackie Laverty's body is still missing? Cannot remember if she was found but, if not, could her body have found its way to Spain as a decoy?

Parts of her body were found alongside Corbett. 

• Admin

Thought I would finally give the series a look

So far I have binge watched series 1 and 2 the last two days / nights

Both series start off ok, but have been disappointed in the final episodes of both

Also find it odd it puts up details at the end as if it is a real crime investigation lol

Onto series 3 now. . . . .

44 minutes ago, Super said:

Be grateful Noel Clarke wasn't in it..............

Such a shame to hear these allegations, they are from such a wide range of people it seems likely he has issues to say the least. He has made some of the best British drama in film in particular this century, I suppose those films will join the list of "unshowable" drama. 

H is the big boss woman that told poor old Ted to retire. The other woman that has just taken control of AC12 is 2nd in command - too quick to close down questioning last week.

It's bound to be a woman - BBC probably decided to show a woman as having all that power to prevent the weirdo's from moaning it was a man...

1 minute ago, Redpool said:

Surely must be another series??

I think they'll shelve the show for a couple of years and then bring it back, let the creator do some new stuff (like that submarine show) and return. They definitely left it open for future storylines about there being a bigger main person. Being honest that was a disappointment for a finale but I'm retaining hope its because it was intended to be the last series and they changed their mind so had to change track.

Archived