IGNORED

I've bought my season ticket

freezer

8 hours ago, freezer said:

Glad you're having a laugh. I do find comments from you such as..."peanut hugging glory hunter", "terrible man who buys half half scarves", "full kit manipulator", just.....unfunny.

Hence, there forth,  why I might have missed your humour.

Thank you for your blessing. I'll continue to have City in my heart but spend most of my time and money on actively supporting my local, very high performing rugby team.

Bristol have (apparently) been doing well and City have been so, so frustrating and boring at home for the last 3 seasons.

However, supporting the Rugby team instead of Bristol City? I could never have the same emotional attachment to the Rugby team as I do with City so I would never really care if Bristol won or lost.

Not for me then, ever, how ever successful Bristol are.

Do understand your disillusionment with City though - hopefully big changes are finally coming, and with them the passion on the pitch and entertainment to tempt you back.

If not I suspect, unfortunately, many others will be joining you in finding more enjoyable ways to spend their time and money.

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

Lose your seat if not renewed before 12pm Tues May 4th.

Come on Steve, give us some sort of update, you're at risk of losing a good chunk of long term supporters here!

I haven’t renewed yet & am waiting to see what happens regarding the managerial position.

That first bit is absolutely the definition of an empty threat though, who on earth do they think is out there waiting, poised to take it, based on the last year or so?

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That first bit is absolutely the definition of an empty threat though, who on earth do they think is out there waiting, poised to take it, based on the last year or so?

I agree, but if they eventually hire Pearson, and give him free reign to bring in who he needs to sort the mess that our club is in, many will be only too pleased to climb back on board again.

But I do believe we should be getting some kind of update from them in the meantime.

What is going on down there?

• Admin
51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I haven’t renewed yet & am waiting to see what happens regarding the managerial position.

100% agree, and this seems to be a trend amongst friends of mine too

This is why I have doubts NP is coming on board, as am sure the club would have announced him by now and wanted to cash in on the positive impact that news will have

3 minutes ago, 42nite said:

I agree, but if they eventually hire Pearson, and give him free reign to bring in who he needs to sort the mess that our club is in, many will be only too pleased to climb back on board again.

But I do believe we should be getting some kind of update from them in the meantime.

What is going on down there?

It really doesn't make sense that if he was staying that the club would not have announced it by now

Even if we were changing out backroom staff we could have announced NP's appointment

I've a growing feeling he is off in two weeks

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Quite. I'm in the same position as you Graham - and if it wasn't for the fact that you sit behind us and it's always good to see a friendly face I wouldn't give two hoots where I sat!

I really can't imagine that back of Dolman Block C - in old money - seats will be flying out the window if Lansdown appoints one of his left field candidates...

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Quite. I'm in the same position as you Graham - and if it wasn't for the fact that you sit behind us and it's always good to see a friendly face I wouldn't give two hoots where I sat!

I really can't imagine that back of Dolman Block C - in old money - seats will be flying out the window if Lansdown appoints one of his left field candidates...

Being asked to spend £529 for what we have endured watching over the period that football has been played without crowds, there’s not a chance that anyone else wants those particular seats..

2 hours ago, freezer said:

Oh I have a great sense of humour thank you. Perhaps you could work harder on yours. Your comments are just not funny. 

I don't follow the Prem at all. 

And just what is a "sweat heart"? 

You obviously don’t have a sense of humour , if you did then you would of responded differently. Now knowing you’re a tent dweller , I can understand why you don’t have a sense of humour . Please don’t respond to me again . I find the likes of you blue few extremely tiresome . 

12 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You don’t state whether you’re really a egg chaser or not. If you are but not bought one before then you’re a peanut hugging glory hunter.

If you’re not a rugby fan & abandoned football for a bit of glory then you’re a terrible terrible man who buys half & half scarves . I hope you capsize in a freak yachting accident 

Sorry but I think this message is unacceptable. A guys tells us that he has made a big decision to switch to the Bears because he will be better entertained and get better value for money. What is your problem with that?

Is it the case, that to show we like one thing we have to hate and slag off everything else?

As to your yachting accident comment, sounds like you have some serious reverse snobbery going on. Do you have some sort of problem with people who work hard and achieve a quality of life that you clearly envy.

I just don't buy this "if you are a true City fan you just always buy your season ticket". I have been an ST holder for many years and I am sick of the s**t I have to watch every week an sick of the crap statements coming out of our club. As long as we keep accepting the situation like sheep and paying our money there will be no spreadsheet based justification for change. And it seems that all of our policies are based on numbers.

I will not buy my season ticket until I know who will be in charge and who I will be watching next year. If enough people did this SL might just understand how bad it is for us supporters sorry I mean customers.

2 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Sorry but I think this message is unacceptable. A guys tells us that he has made a big decision to switch to the Bears because he will be better entertained and get better value for money. What is your problem with that?

Is it the case, that to show we like one thing we have to hate and slag off everything else?

As to your yachting accident comment, sounds like you have some serious reverse snobbery going on. Do you have some sort of problem with people who work hard and achieve a quality of life that you clearly envy.

I just don't buy this "if you are a true City fan you just always buy your season ticket". I have been an ST holder for many years and I am sick of the s**t I have to watch every week an sick of the crap statements coming out of our club. As long as we keep accepting the situation like sheep and paying our money there will be no spreadsheet based justification for change. And it seems that all of our policies are based on numbers.

I will not buy my season ticket until I know who will be in charge and who I will be watching next year. If enough people did this SL might just understand how bad it is for us supporters sorry I mean customers.

Jesus Christ . Another one with no sense of humour . ITS A QUOTE FROM BLACKADDER FFS 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

100% agree, and this seems to be a trend amongst friends of mine too

This is why I have doubts NP is coming on board, as am sure the club would have announced him by now and wanted to cash in on the positive impact that news will have

It really doesn't make sense that if he was staying that the club would not have announced it by now

Even if we were changing out backroom staff we could have announced NP's appointment

I've a growing feeling he is off in two weeks

The longer this drags on, the less likely NP is gonna take the job IMO. Big drop in ST sales will be the outcome. 

9 hours ago, phantom said:

You couldn't have looked that hard if you don't know the answer to this

I can't wait to see you start a thread telling them all your great news :yahoo:

No Mr moderator, I didn't look into it that hard obviously, I've already stated that.

You know, I just might do that, thanks for suggesting it.

Perhaps it'll be better than this forum for sensible debate and people don't use childish emojis.

6 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You obviously don’t have a sense of humour , if you did then you would of responded differently. Now knowing you’re a tent dweller , I can understand why you don’t have a sense of humour . Please don’t respond to me again . I find the likes of you blue few extremely tiresome . 

"Don't respond to me again". Nah, you're alright mate, I don't take instruction from you thank you.

You are losing the debate, so choose to ask me not to reply as you aren't skilled enough to get your points across without resorting to being childish and petty.

Humour, try this one.

I went to the Doctors yesterday, she said "freezer you have to stop masturbating",  I said, "why's that Doctor", she said "because I'm trying to take your blood pressure!

ps most gash have appalling grammar and spelling as you know. They'd type things like "sweat heart".

1 minute ago, freezer said:

"Don't respond to me again". Nah, you're alright mate, I don't take instruction from you thank you.

You are losing the debate, so choose to ask me not to reply as you aren't skilled enough to get your points across without resorting to being childish and petty.

Humour, try this one.

I went to the Doctors yesterday, she said "freezer you have to stop masturbating",  I said, "why's that Doctor", she said "because I'm trying to take your blood pressure!

ps most gash have appalling grammar and spelling as you know. They'd type things like "sweat heart".

Jesus Christ there was no debate. The humour was way over head obviously but that’s fine . That joke is terrible by the way . 
I don’t care if you’ve got a season ticket or not . I don’t care if want to watch the rugby . I hope that’s clearer for you. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Jesus Christ there was no debate. The humour was way over head obviously but that’s fine . That joke is terrible by the way . 
I don’t care if you’ve got a season ticket or not . I don’t care if want to watch the rugby . I hope that’s clearer for you. 

Could you please stop replying to me?

On 26/04/2021 at 22:25, freezer said:

After much deliberation, I have bought my season ticket. 

For the forthcoming Bristol Bears season.

City will always be in my heart and I'll follow avidly there progress, but, the current and recent performances over the last couple of sesons,the non- entertainment value and general feeling of WTF have led me to this decision.

I know I'll get slated by some but, I'd rather watch world class players at the top of their game.

Also, due to other commitments, the fewer home game season fits my lifestyle a lot easier. Financially,  it's a lot cheaper too. I'm not alone, two other mates have done the same.

I'll no doubt still have a look at the forum, and pay my fiver when needed.

If the Bears have a forum I hope it's not as vitriolic as this one, particularly on some forums.

Overall, glad I stopped 'supporting' City financially and laid off the overbearing, have to watch, listen to every game format. It's freed me up massively to enjoy lots of other stuff.

Always be there. Get off your knees.

Personally- I thought it was an interesting OP so cheers for that.

I do enjoy watching a bit of Rugby but this is usually restricted to 6 Nations/World cup.

All I know is that BCFC is making me less inclined to buy a season ticket and this has zero to do with NP either way. The idea of watching a team from my home City that are going in the right direction and winning things is seductive. If that makes me a glory hunter then so be it. I'm a little tired of watching the abject nonsense that has been served up in very recent times by three different Managers and a club who seem oblivious.

I'd love to know how you get on and the differences you experience from switching sports. Update next season please- irrespective of the bashers.

Without reading back over the whole thread again, can someone fill me in on the gaps. So far I've ascertained:

@freezer has decided to get a ST for the rugby instead of City. 

@steviestevieneville has indicated he wishes for freezer to have a yacht accident due to his glory seeking tendencies. This has since been confirmed as a joke from blackadder. He is also a fake glory fan and would get more gratification supporting Man City?

@freezer has disagreed that the comment was funny. In turn adding his own joke to the forum. We've learned F likes comedy about masturbating at the doctors for which @steviestevieneville has disagreed is amusing. 

Posting this on a public forum has no doubt got many peoples minds going. I think there are still many unanswered points that need to be ironed out before the thread can be closed.

1. Are masturbation jokes superior to blackadder?

2. Should all who enjoy rugby have the same final destination style ending?

3. Do I need to start a new forum if I decide to/not to renew? 

4. Would Freezer get more enjoyment supporting Man City?

Over to you gents ... ?

37 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Personally- I thought it was an interesting OP so cheers for that.

I do enjoy watching a bit of Rugby but this is usually restricted to 6 Nations/World cup.

All I know is that BCFC is making me less inclined to buy a season ticket and this has zero to do with NP either way. The idea of watching a team from my home City that are going in the right direction and winning things is seductive. If that makes me a glory hunter then so be it. I'm a little tired of watching the abject nonsense that has been served up in very recent times by three different Managers and a club who seem oblivious.

I'd love to know how you get on and the differences you experience from switching sports. Update next season please- irrespective of the bashers.

I thank you for those words.

As I said, it wasn't an easy decision but for a myriad of reasons I believe it is the correct one for myself, family and friends.

I shall update you. I won't be leaving the forum, much to the annoyance of some unfortunately.

Being honest with oneself comes at a price. Removing negativity can only be a good thing.

I really hope City have a great forthcoming season.

On 26/04/2021 at 22:25, freezer said:

After much deliberation, I have bought my season ticket. 

For the forthcoming Bristol Bears season.

City will always be in my heart and I'll follow avidly there progress, but, the current and recent performances over the last couple of sesons,the non- entertainment value and general feeling of WTF have led me to this decision.

I know I'll get slated by some but, I'd rather watch world class players at the top of their game.

Also, due to other commitments, the fewer home game season fits my lifestyle a lot easier. Financially,  it's a lot cheaper too. I'm not alone, two other mates have done the same.

I'll no doubt still have a look at the forum, and pay my fiver when needed.

If the Bears have a forum I hope it's not as vitriolic as this one, particularly on some forums.

Overall, glad I stopped 'supporting' City financially and laid off the overbearing, have to watch, listen to every game format. It's freed me up massively to enjoy lots of other stuff.

Always be there. Get off your knees.

How horribly fickle of you. Of course the past season or so has been awful; we’re all acutely aware of that. But supporting your team comes with an expectation of sticking with it even in the most dire of times. That’s what makes those highs even greater. No doubt you’ll come running back if we pull out a big name in the cup or hit a decent run of form. Do you think any of us are enjoying the weekly dross served up at the moment? No; but the club sure as hell isn’t going to be viable if everyone takes your lead and deserts it. 

What does it matter who the manager is regarding renewing your seat?  Half the teams in England will have a change of manager during the season anyway. You support the club, not the manager. I will wait til the last minute just to be mischievous but I will renew whoever is or isn't in charge. 

Imagine if you decided not to renew because Pearson didn't stay.  Then you lose your seat, then SL announces Pep is taking over. 

I support BCFC not NP. 

7 minutes ago, marmite said:

What does it matter who the manager is regarding renewing your seat?  Half the teams in England will have a change of manager during the season anyway. You support the club, not the manager. I will wait til the last minute just to be mischievous but I will renew whoever is or isn't in charge. 

Imagine if you decided not to renew because Pearson didn't stay.  Then you lose your seat, then SL announces Pep is taking over. 

I support BCFC not NP. 

I think that's where quite a high number of people are right now but it is a dangerous game for SL to play.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, marmite said:

I support BCFC not NP. 

Simple answer is if another Holdenesque Manager is put in charge many will walk away.

But then equally there are those that will watch the side no matter what is put out infront of them.

If you knew a film sequel you really liked had a different cast from the original and you knew it was going to be rubbish would you pay to watch it?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Hartleysbeard said:

How horribly fickle of you. Of course the past season or so has been awful; we’re all acutely aware of that. But supporting your team comes with an expectation of sticking with it even in the most dire of times. That’s what makes those highs even greater. No doubt you’ll come running back if we pull out a big name in the cup or hit a decent run of form. Do you think any of us are enjoying the weekly dross served up at the moment? No; but the club sure as hell isn’t going to be viable if everyone takes your lead and deserts it. 

People completely deserve the right to walk away after years of supporting the club, let's be honest we have been awful to watch at home for many many years now, and certainly in the current financial plight don't deserve to be called "fickle"

If you are happy to pay to go along and watch no matter how bad the product is that is up to you, but it is massively wrong to start taking some morale high ground against anyone choosing not to

Archived