IGNORED

Andy Rolls Leaving

Greedo

Kind of admits there was a problem then, although the official statement says to pursue a new challenge.

I’m glad this has been recognised, how could it not, and we can make some changes.

As positive as a new signing I think.

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Being serious, the fact this is happening "with immediate effect" rather than at the end of the season is giving me a little hope that this is clearing some space to create a backroom team for a new permanent manager. 

I was thinking the same. Bit surprised it's been announced before a manager but certainly gives me hope... 

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Kind of admits there was a problem then, although the official statement says to pursue a new challenge.

I’m glad this has been recognised, how could it not, and we can make some changes.

As positive as a new signing I think.

Well he's obviously going to pursue a new challenge.

I very much doubt whether he had any choice in the matter.

Just now, petehinton said:

A moments silence for all the fallen hamstrings under his watch. 

FWIW if he’s left with immediate effect I’d say he’s been sacked rather than off on his own accord. 

Either way, this is all pointing toward Pearson announced soon

In the next few days do you reckon ? 

Just now, petehinton said:

A moments silence for all the fallen hamstrings under his watch. 

FWIW if he’s left with immediate effect I’d say he’s been sacked rather than off on his own accord. 

Either way, this is all pointing toward Pearson announced soon

I agree, who lines up a new job and leaves 2 games before the end of the season? Has to be pushed and maybe this is the outcome of NP and SL's meeting?

Excellent news and clearly the right decision.

Bittersweet though as this means there clearly was a problem and:-

a) It has taken Pearson to flag it

b) Lansdown had no clue that there was a problem and this maybe frighteningly gives an insight into Mark Ashtons power and influence in keeping Andy Rolls on

Hopefully this is the beginning of Nigel Pearson re-shaping our football club and this had to be the starting point. Our injuries and recurring injuries were and are abnormal. Joe Williams I think alluded to not being happy but the article was quickly discredited. 

Archived