IGNORED

Andy Rolls Leaving

Greedo

48 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon we must have had the most ridiculous injury lists over the season. Worse than any other club in all 4 divisions. Just because Holden kept saying It's no excuse and now Pearson says things like 'get on with it', it doesn't mean we are suddenly fine having so many key players out injured all season. How can any club perform with so many missing.

If this guy was a big reason for that then as far as I'm concerned sacking him and replacing him with someone who is much better will in some ways be even more important than who our next manager is.

It's impossible to know for sure. But his track record at Arsenal and West Ham was ridiculous for bad injuries and of course the same with us.

There was that thing with Joe Williams criticising the club for how it dealt with him. And when Williams, Paterson and Mawson played in the cup game and got injured for the season, having just come back from long term injuries, I blamed Holden but he would have surely have been told they were fine to play. In some ways getting them minutes (as he had been told they are okay) in a cup game kind of made some sense. If only they had been ready.

Dasilva playing whilst injured and then out for the rest of the season. Rowe too being selected and clearly not able to play and then being out for a few months.

With our left back problems we recall Pring who had started looking really good at Portsmouth. Oh no he's now out for the season. Recall Nurse then, ahh no he has gone and got injured too now.

Walsh comes back having been out all season, oh he's out for the rest of the season now too.

Baker was supposed to be out till Christmas but is finally fit with 2 games to go of the season!

I've probably missed numerous players too. Opi looked okay off the bench and was due to start the next game but then injured himself in training - out for the season. These injuries are not just little niggles.

Oh and of course Weimann and Martin. key players at the start of the season, playing so well. Oh and O'Dowda injured after returning from injury! I'm sure there's more too.

I've said it before, name our full strength 11 and it's really not bad at all. I'd fancy our chances against a fair number of championship sides.

Some fans were saying how ridiculous to blame the club for injuries early in the season. And I said well every club do things a bit differently, so of course it could be a big reason. I expect after a while everyone realised that actually yeah something is not right.

This hopefully ends this nonsense. Let's get Nigel in for next season and let's build a team, a system, a way of playing that hopefully should not be ruined by injuries. There's no way any team can build anything if they have the injuries we have this season.

EDIT. Chris Brunt another season ending injury, well, playing career ending in his case! ?

In the style of Big Tone:

We get crocked, a lot!

39 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This is disastrous news for when we try to assemble a ‘things you like to eat with soup XI’. 

Luckily the new head of Performance is James Crouton.

Thank **** he's gone. A half competent medical team and our injuries will disappear in no time, plus proper rehabilitation amd recovery. It can't be a coincidence that Korey Smith has flourished and not been as injury prone for Swansea as his time here. Hopefully the 1st part of the Pearson puzzle slotting into place.

Never mind the number of muscular injuries we’ve had this season, this saga has been rumbling on since 2018 — the same time Rolls joined the club. Whether or not that’s a coincidence, I don’t know but his records for these types of injuries at Arsenal and West Ham were eerily similar. LJ, DH and NP have all moaned about it and rightly so. Rolls leaving is fantastic news. 

As everyone has mentioned, excellent news 

I alluded in a few posts earlier this season from someone within the club, Andy Rolls had far too much say in what went on, his job title of ‘head of performance’ was just that and he called far to many shots , and was always protected by his mate Ashton

almost certainly this has come from Pearson and it’s a sign he’s staying I would suggest 

2 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

As everyone has mentioned, excellent news 

I alluded in a few posts earlier this season from someone within the club, Andy Rolls had far too much say in what went on, his job title of ‘head of performance’ was just that and he called far to many shots , and was always protected by his mate Ashton

almost certainly this has come from Pearson and it’s a sign he’s staying I would suggest 

I think Ashton said he would instigate an investigation into all the injuries etc (on Geof 20mans show I think). I don't know if he did or not, but if so then its Ashtons shout.

I can't see any link with the temporary manager and the sacking of a club official tbh.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think Ashton said he would instigate an investigation into all the injuries etc (on Geof 20mans show I think). I don't know if he did or not, but if so then its Ashtons shout.

I can't see any link with the temporary manager and the sacking of a club official tbh.

Could be either.

I don't see it as a sign that Pearson is staying, but it could be his recommendation whether he is or not, and if he is I think it almost certainly would be.

Seems strange for Ashton to be sacking people a month before leaving, unless it's a face saving exercise.

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

This guy was Ashtons mate. Any investigation would of been about as thorough as the interview process for our last two managers. This is Pearsons doing for me.  I would hope Ashtons remit at AG was massively reduced the moment they announced his new job.

15 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I would be amazed if it’s Ashtons shout, when Rolls has been feeling the heat since LJ left really and Ashton has always protected him

it may not be Pearson’s shout either tbf 

Archived