IGNORED

Andy Rolls Leaving

Greedo

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

Off to Ipswich?

Couldn't care less where he goes, so long as it's far away from us.

2 hours ago, Loderingo said:

I didn’t know we even had a head of performance. What did this guy actually do?

Break players!

This news is almost as good as signing Messi!!! 

Watch us get less injuries next season.....

7 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

This guy was Ashtons mate. Any investigation would of been about as thorough as the interview process for our last two managers. This is Pearsons doing for me.  I would hope Ashtons remit at AG was massively reduced the moment they announced his new job.

I didn't realise he was a personal friend of MA.

Not that I think its that relevant.

1 minute ago, Club and Country said:

I would be amazed if it’s Ashtons shout, when Rolls has been feeling the heat since LJ left really and Ashton has always protected him

it may not be Pearson’s shout either tbf 

I'm not sure how he's protected him when he announced an investigation into Rolls department.

Like I said, I don't know if MA carried out any investigation but I really can't see a temporary manager having a say in sacking a club official unless the temporary bit no longer applies.

Feels like good news- the injuries have been absurd this season in particular, but reasonable numbers of medium and long term ones in the last few- though I would point out we had decent numbers of medium and long term in 2017/18 as well, when Rolls wasn't here- but yeah definitely feels like a step forward- and hopefully an indication that NP is here to stay...

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm not sure how he's protected him when he announced an investigation into Rolls department.

Like I said, I don't know if MA carried out any investigation but I really can't see a temporary manager having a say in sacking a club official unless the temporary bit no longer applies.

Pearson isn’t temporary, the deal is done

Rolls is going Ipswich, with his mate 

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

I personally think anything that can lead to a "conflict of interests" is entirely relevant to your employment. Personal friendships and business clearly have the POTENTIAL to lead to a conflict of interests arising. Similarly if you appoint a family member to a company too. It doesn't mean you cannot do it but it is still a relevant point that has to be addressed..........or certainly should be. Filling organisations with "your mates" is not a great way to go about things imo and nothing in the CEO's record at this club has convinced me otherwise.

Certainly in my line of work ANY POTENTIAL conflict of interests has to be declared to a Client (and put on an internal register in my company records outlining any mitigating steps to be taken) and they make the decision whether I can be appointed to provide services for them or not.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Feels like good news- the injuries have been absurd this season in particular, but reasonable numbers of medium and long term ones in the last few- though I would point out we had decent numbers of medium and long term in 2017/18 as well, when Rolls wasn't here- but yeah definitely feels like a step forward- and hopefully an indication that NP is here to stay...

This season is the first season that there have been discernible grumbles of discontent from players, the Williams and Paterson situations being particularly concerning. Once medical/conditioning staff lose the trust of the players you really are in a bad situation.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This season is the first season that there have been discernible grumbles of discontent from players, the Williams and Paterson situations being particularly concerning. Once medical/conditioning staff lose the trust of the players you really are in a bad situation.

One day there's lots more that will come to light, certainly been some interesting things been going on around the club

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

One day there's lots more that will come to light, certainly been some interesting things been going on around the club

I’ve said before, don’t take LJ’s comments too lightly. Remember when he said “you could write a book about what’s happened here in the last season”. He wasn’t joking. 
I don’t usually read autobiographies, but if LJ ever brings out his memoirs, it’ll be a must read!!! 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’ve said before, don’t take LJ’s comments too lightly. Remember when he said “you could write a book about what’s happened here in the last season”. He wasn’t joking. 
I don’t usually read autobiographies, but if LJ ever brings out his memoirs, it’ll be a must read!!! 

How can a bloody billionaire allow his personal plaything, a hobby of his to get into such a mess (actually, we all know the answer to that one and it's now Ipswich Town's problem but still)? I used the phrase yesterday "all the gear, no idea" and the more you read and the more you hear the more it rings true...............

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

He’s already published it, under the pseudonym “Roget”!

Great news. Having a bad rep for injured players at one club could be an unfortunate turn of events, but at three successive roles?! So dodgy. 

The optimist in me thinks this is stage one of Pearson’s upgrades he alluded to in the post match v Luton - about getting people out the club as important as new recruits. Seems somewhat coincidental that 48 hours on from those comments Rolls has gone. 

The realist in me thinks this could be Ashton throwing Rolls under the bus to protect his own reputation. His robust and vigorous process to review our injuries has reached a damning conclusion, but only when he’s secured his own future. 

Or we could see Rolls follow Ashton and Werhun to Ipswich. Affirmation if ever we needed it the level of control Ashton had, and how City have struggled to shake being such a lovely and comfortable destination for our own self inflicted brand of cronyism.

Good luck Ipswich, and I am so so hopeful that this is Pearson’s doing and the start of his no-nonsense reign. 

59 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Thank **** he's gone. A half competent medical team and our injuries will disappear in no time, plus proper rehabilitation amd recovery. It can't be a coincidence that Korey Smith has flourished and not been as injury prone for Swansea as his time here. Hopefully the 1st part of the Pearson puzzle slotting into place.

I'm out of likes so quote you here to give a big thumbs up... ???

But mentioning Korey, and thinking about it, I'm left wondering - which Suit decided not to offer Korey a new contract and let him swan off (!) to Swansea for nothing??

Could it have been our nearly departed, and in no way lamented, COO?? (I'm not going to dignify him with his actual title)

The COO who appointed a chief medical officer who's been sacked on the spot today? Presumably, for overseeing an incompetent medical dept? 

This chief medical officer who oversaw Korey's treatment for the previous 2 seasons, seasons in which Korey missed more than 50% of games!!??

We'd have had a far better season with Korey Smith still in our team. And Pearson would also be having far less sleepless nights if he had just one or two players with Korey's cajones and character available to him. As Pearson continually points out, these are precisely the personality traits we are lacking. 

Korey Smith was part of our team's backbone, our spine. This season we've been spineless. 

Get to f!ck Ashton. Get to f!ck Rolls. 

3 hours ago, Offside said:

I’m glad that this signals changes behind the scenes following the announcement of MA’s departure. Hopefully a sign that SL is aware of the issues and is addressing them. 

They’d better buy in some more treatment tables. 

They could have ours but they're 'shagged out...

There seems to be some folk here who think that Ashton is still at work for the club.      

I cannot believe that SL would be so stupid as to allow that.  Ashton  has clearly been commercially involved with Ipswich  long before announcing he was taking the job there - let alone the mess he has made of the club.    Surely he's on gardening leave?

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I'm out of likes so quote you here to give a big thumbs up... ???

But mentioning Korey, and thinking about it, I'm left wondering - which Suit decided not to offer Korey a new contract and let him swan off (!) to Swansea for nothing??

Could it have been our nearly departed, and in no way lamented, COO?? (I'm not going to dignify him with his actual title)

The COO who appointed a chief medical officer who's been sacked on the spot today? Presumably, for overseeing an incompetent medical dept? 

This chief medical officer who oversaw Korey's treatment for the previous 2 seasons, seasons in which Korey missed more than 50% of games!!??

We'd have had a far better season with Korey Smith still in our team. And Pearson would also be having far less sleepless nights if he had just one or two players with Korey's cajones and character available to him. As Pearson continually points out, these are precisely the personality traits we are lacking. 

Korey Smith was part of our team's backbone, our spine. This season we've been spineless. 

Get to f!ck Ashton. Get to f!ck Rolls. 

Ashton said in a earlier interview it was Holdens choice to let Korey go . What didn’t make sense at the time and still now was Korey had been released and signed for Swansea before Holden was appointed as manager 

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Andrew Proctor, head physio came to us from Oxford. Another of Ashton’s mates? Off to Ipswich too?

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Just thinking could this partly explain the lack of motivation by some players, ? Concern about fitness, contracts ending, next job, not trusting fitness/medical teams.

Who knows?

Archived