IGNORED

Andy Rolls Leaving

Greedo

1 hour ago, Daniro said:

There seems to be some folk here who think that Ashton is still at work for the club.      

I cannot believe that SL would be so stupid as to allow that.  Ashton  has clearly been commercially involved with Ipswich  long before announcing he was taking the job there - let alone the mess he has made of the club.    Surely he's on gardening leave?

No, at the club until 31st May!

53 minutes ago, pjg11 said:

Ashton said in a earlier interview it was Holdens choice to let Korey go . What didn’t make sense at the time and still now was Korey had been released and signed for Swansea before Holden was appointed as manager 

What’s amazing is that some fans actually swallowed Ashton’s bullshit! Even in the face of clear facts - ie Holden wasn’t even the manager when Smith left. 
It’s crazy how he somehow convinced people. 

5 hours ago, Fuber said:

If they weren't, no reason to sack him, is there? 

Pearson must have flagged something, player opinion perhaps

I've been wondering if our medical issues have been the catalyst for our ooc players not being signed.

Does anyone have any idea if these players have indeed been offered new contracts or have they just held off to see what's going to happen in the medical department, if the it's the latter it could explain a lack of effort but it's still not very professional & they obviously should be better than that.

Apologies to Toffee Dog who I've just picked up on posting something similar.

2 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I've been wondering if our medical issues have been the catalyst for our ooc players not being signed.

Does anyone have any idea if these players have indeed been offered new contracts or have they just held off to see what's going to happen in the medical department, if the it's the latter it could explain a lack of effort but it's still not very professional & they obviously should be better than that.

There is a rumour that one player, who’d previously not been offered a contract has now had one offered.

Liam Walsh.

No idea whether he will sign it or not.

Then again I heard that from two people, one of who said Alex Scott was starting on Sunday v Luton!  So who knows the truth.

• Admin

I think we can only hope that the BCFC bit of BS is now going to be put into the hands of football men and not businessmen.

I’d like to think Pearson has uncovered all the bullshit and incompetence behind the facade of a shiny new stadium and training ground and SL is actually listening to him and giving him a chance.

Without the stadium and training ground, there is very little difference in us and our six fingered cousins in Horfield, it’s just that the two managers have expressed it in two different styles.

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Announce Dave Rennie. 

If so, that suggests we are heading in a particular direction re the vacant manager’s job,  doesn’t it?

If Steve Walsh joins as well I have the feeling that might be as much as Pearson will be able to bring in, but time (hopefully not too much of it) will tell..

18 hours ago, DaveF said:

Will be interesting to see how we do on the injuries front next season. 

These players are not suddenly going to get more robust unless they are given some summer strengthening training so this is good timing I expect his replacement to be in next week to assess the wounded. 

8 minutes ago, Street red said:

How very predictable all buddies of Ashton,It's no way to do business and I'm glad Ashton's gone and well over due!

People who take their "mates" everywhere with them never seem to last long anywhere although they do seem to have no problem getting employment strangely. I suppose they are selling a dream that "I have a whole team who can storm in and sort your problems out" and people just keep falling for it.

Archived