IGNORED

Andy Rolls Leaving

Greedo

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Also, noted Scott Barron on there. He’s in a performance consultancy with ex Goalkeeper/“Dr Cap” magnate Richard Lee. Who is big muckers with…Mark Ashton..

Eff me!!! ???

How to surround yourself with you people as protection for your inadequacies.

Wow, wow, wow.

Well, it’s certainly going to be interesting watching developments at Ipswich over the next couple of years.

Really feel sorry for the poor buggers, but just relieved we’re now free of those parasites.  They’ve done some serious damage to our club between them ?

14 hours ago, Richard Head said:

Andrew Proctor, head physio came to us from Oxford. Another of Ashton’s mates? Off to Ipswich too?

Possibly, but the difference with Proctor is that he's a local lad (grew up in Portishead). 

37 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I'm starting to feel real sympathy for Ipswich fans. First Ashton, then Werhun, now Rolls. Great news for us, appalling for them.

I just wonder who approached Werhun and Rolls, both employees under contract with us? I think we can guess who and surely that amounts to gross misconduct, not for the first time. 

Apologies if this has been already alluded to.....but Roll's leaving quote (amongst others) of " I hope I have put in place processes  that have moved the club forward|"  seems a little absurd, considering his record?   Oh and Andy mate, you could do with losing a few pounds?  Not exactly the physique that sets a good example to the players?  IMHO.

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Apologies if this has been already alluded to.....but Roll's leaving quote (amongst others) of " I hope I have put in place processes  that have moved the club forward|"  seems a little absurd, considering his record?   Oh and Andy mate, you could do with losing a few pounds?  Not exactly the physique that sets a good example to the players?  IMHO.

I found that an odd quote too. 
Almost like it came from someone else’s mouth. Mmmmm... 

So we now have both Rolls AND Ashton claiming to have “put processes in place that have moved the club forward”. 

Nice to see on a CV, but as an interviewer I’d immediately be asking “give me an example, and demonstrate the outcomes”. 

I’d fully expect a rather hollow answer. 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I found that an odd quote too. 
Almost like it came from someone else’s mouth. Mmmmm... 

So we now have both Rolls AND Ashton claiming to have “put processes in place that have moved the club forward”. 

Nice to see on a CV, but as an interviewer I’d immediately be asking “give me an example, and demonstrate the outcomes”. 

I’d fully expect a rather hollow answer. 

I'd just expect a load of mumbling and coughing........

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is the exact point that Ipswich Town fans now start to realise we weren't bullshitting them..............

After reading their forum since the start of the takeover, they were buzzing he was coming in. Also said we were ungrateful for what he did with the infrastructure to the stadium and training ground etc......Seemed an arrogant bunch to me.

20 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

After reading their forum since the start of the takeover, they were buzzing he was coming in. Also said we were ungrateful for what he did with the infrastructure to the stadium and training ground etc......Seemed an arrogant bunch to me.

It's what we said when Watford fans gave their views on Ashton, and it's probably what they said when other fans done the same for them.

Classic doublethink, we all convince ourselves it'll be a good appointment although having proof of prior disasters.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Also, noted Scott Barron on there. He’s in a performance consultancy with ex Goalkeeper/“Dr Cap” magnate Richard Lee. Who is big muckers with…Mark Ashton..

What I find interesting here is that Ashton is actually looking to appoint a Head of Recruitment. Something he saw fit NOT to do here. In fact, we had one and he sacked him. 
I wonder if Mr Narcissist has vigorously reviewed his recruitment here and concluded that he’s actually pretty rotten at Talent Identification, and will leave it to an expert this time around. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

What I find interesting here is that Ashton is actually looking to appoint a Head of Recruitment. Something he saw fit NOT to do here. In fact, we had one and he sacked him. 
I wonder if Mr Narcissist has vigorously reviewed his recruitment here and concluded that he’s actually pretty rotten at it, and will leave it to an expert this time around. 

Great.

Edit: To be fair if his Head of Performance is anything to go by, I wouldn't be getting too excited if I were an Ipswich fan.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I wonder if Mr Narcissist has vigorously reviewed his recruitment here and concluded that he’s actually pretty rotten at Talent Identification, and will leave it to an expert this time around. 

I’d think it’s more about agents fees etc. I’d be willing to bet he used Barron/Lee as consultants before when here, but there will be more scrutiny of third party payments in league one. Bring the payments in house.

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Ungrateful? Most of all that was already on the cards/in the process before he was here.

They'll learn. Poor deluded souls. They'll learn.

He'll probably try to claim he was part of their Uefa Cup win in the early 80's....

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

Ungrateful? Most of all that was already on the cards/in the process before he was here.

He'll probably try to claim he was part of their Uefa Cup win in the early 80's....

Also probably claim to have been a friend of sir Bobby robson 

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Or in Escape To Victory.

“Let me be clear. Sylvester only saved that penalty because we provided him with a rigorous process of where the German captain, Schmidt, had placed the penalties prior. Ultimately the 4-4 was attained despite us fishing in a small lake of POW camps and having to overhaul the process of escaping through the Bath at half time”

16 minutes ago, Taz said:

11 minutes ago, Blockb said:

Also probably claim to have been a friend of sir Bobby robson 

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Or in Escape To Victory.

“Let me be clear. Sylvester only saved that penalty because we provided him with a rigorous process of where the German captain, Schmidt, had placed the penalties prior. Ultimately the 4-4 was attained despite us fishing in a small lake of POW camps and having to overhaul the process of escaping through the Bath at half time”

I laugh, but it’s so true ? 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Yes, especially when they have a DoF already....Dave Bowman (a McCarthy man, followed Mick at several clubs)!

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d think it’s more about agents fees etc. I’d be willing to bet he used Barron/Lee as consultants before when here, but there will be more scrutiny of third party payments in league one. Bring the payments in house.

I’ve been looking into Refuel Performance Management Ltd today and Barron on LinkedIn.

Not sure where Barron’s HoR skill set comes from.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/retired-former-millwall-defender-scott-barron-still-immersed-in-the-game-as-he-runs-sports-management-company/

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Suspect this is little different in the services offered by MA through Grove Life, Calibre Sports and Player P.A - all limited companies that MA owned / started.  Player P.A. Is still going, Ashton no longer Director, but the other director has links to West Brom and Watford.

Good luck Ipswich....I can see the money being sucked out of the football club all too easily.

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, especially when they have a DoF already....Dave Bowman (a McCarthy man, followed Mick at several clubs)!

I’ve been looking into Refuel Performance Management Ltd today and Barron on LinkedIn.

Not sure where Barron’s HoR skill set comes from.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/retired-former-millwall-defender-scott-barron-still-immersed-in-the-game-as-he-runs-sports-management-company/

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Suspect this is little different in the services offered by MA through Grove Life, Calibre Sports and Player P.A - all limited companies that MA owned / started.  Player P.A. Is still going, Ashton no longer Director, but the other director has links to West Brom and Watford.

Good luck Ipswich....I can see the money being sucked out of the football club all too easily.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that one of MA’s companies bid for contracts to produce PPE for one-legged footballers. He and Rolls have helped create a marketplace ffs. 

8 hours ago, Street red said:

How very predictable all buddies of Ashton,It's no way to do business and I'm glad Ashton's gone and well over due!

8 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

People who take their "mates" everywhere with them never seem to last long anywhere although they do seem to have no problem getting employment strangely. I suppose they are selling a dream that "I have a whole team who can storm in and sort your problems out" and people just keep falling for it.

Nepotism, favourites etc not so uncommon in business, or football I expect.

Jon Lansdown let the cat out of the bag in the press conference with Nige  that Rolls has got another job, so the rumour he's going to Ipswich looks confirmed.      Got to feel sorry for the tractor boys - Ashton and Rolls - you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy.

7 minutes ago, Daniro said:

Jon Lansdown let the cat out of the bag in the press conference with Nige  that Rolls has got another job, so the rumour he's going to Ipswich looks confirmed.      Got to feel sorry for the tractor boys - Ashton and Rolls - you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy.

A horrendous combination - i do feel for Ipswich but im just delighted we have finally got them off our books!

13 minutes ago, bris red said:

A horrendous combination - i do feel for Ipswich but im just delighted we have finally got them off our books!

I still can't believe Ashton is still working at the club not on gardening leave.   Lansdown says in the interview that we trust him so it's not an issue.   Er .... excuse me,  he's already poached one of our staff.    Or does Jon mean we can  trust Ashton  to poach all our other poor performers?

8 minutes ago, Daniro said:

I still can't believe Ashton is still working at the club not on gardening leave.   Lansdown says in the interview that we trust him so it's not an issue.   Er .... excuse me,  he's already poached one of our staff.    Or does Jon mean we can  trust Ashton  to poach all our other poor performers?

They're probably quite happy about that...

43 minutes ago, Daniro said:

Oh Yes We Could :pray:

46 minutes ago, Daniro said:

Id wish it on cardiff!

1 hour ago, Daniro said:

Is it poaching if you're okay with them leaving? May have saved us from paying him off if he does end up at Ipswich

Archived