IGNORED

Andy Rolls Leaving

Greedo

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Is it poaching if you're okay with them leaving? May have saved us from paying him off if he does end up at Ipswich

Well ... of course I'm happy to see Rolls gone - but  my point is that Ashton is obviously already acting as an agent for a rival club even though he is still turning up to work for us.  JL says we trust him and he's been here a long time so there's no problem.       I don't accept that.    In any other walk of life such a scenario would not be tolerated.      Let alone the fact that Ashton has been an unmitigated disaster for City and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club ever again.

6 minutes ago, Daniro said:

Well ... of course I'm happy to see Rolls gone - but  my point is that Ashton is obviously already acting as an agent for a rival club even though he is still turning up to work for us.  JL says we trust him and he's been here a long time so there's no problem.       I don't accept that.    In any other walk of life such a scenario would not be tolerated.      Let alone the fact that Ashton has been an unmitigated disaster for City and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club ever again.

Although I contradict myself on another post where I said Ashton can work his notice (I was being flippant) it would be best for all concerned if he was asked to just quietly piss off with immediate effect. He's handed his notice in, is taking at least two members of staff with him (doesn't matter that we are delighted with that) and in any other business would have his arse kicked out of it.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Although I contradict myself on another post where I said Ashton can work his notice (I was being flippant) it would be best for all concerned if he was asked to just quietly piss off with immediate effect. He's handed his notice in, is taking at least two members of staff with him (doesn't matter that we are delighted with that) and in any other business would have his arse kicked out of it.

100%.    

It is a bit like your wife leaving you for someone else & then asking if they can both live at your house until their new place is sorted.

Just **** off now, Ashton.

10 hours ago, Daniro said:

I still can't believe Ashton is still working at the club not on gardening leave.   Lansdown says in the interview that we trust him so it's not an issue.   Er .... excuse me,  he's already poached one of our staff.    Or does Jon mean we can  trust Ashton  to poach all our other poor performers?

I think that’s what he’s counting on!

15 hours ago, Daniro said:

I still can't believe Ashton is still working at the club not on gardening leave.   Lansdown says in the interview that we trust him so it's not an issue.   Er .... excuse me,  he's already poached one of our staff.    Or does Jon mean we can  trust Ashton  to poach all our other poor performers?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

15 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

According to JL he isn't! #Trust

We don’t have to believe everything that comes out of the club do we?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

We don’t have to believe everything that comes out of the club do we?

Strange to lie about the gardening leave though, when it makes the club look worse.     The only reason I can think of is that's the message Ashton wanted sent out so they're sticking to it.    I don't believe they would let him do any actual work.    It doesn't matter whether they trust him or not - he made such a royal mess of "all things football" when he actually thought he'd be here in the long term - think of the damage he could do if he's not bothered!

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

100%.    

It is a bit like your wife leaving you for someone else & then asking if they can both live at your house until their new place is sorted.

Just **** off now, Ashton.

I was lucky, she left me for a lesbian who didn't mind a go on the old flute now and again.

the more numpties ashton nicks, the better for us. let him keep his office until the end of may, the new ceo can share NPs for that time,chances are they will be spending a lot of time working together anyway

now toilet Rolls has gone,he has another team on his cv with a disastrous injury record, how could any sensible owner possibly consider him for looking after millions of pounds worth of club assets

36 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

now toilet Rolls has gone,he has another team on his cv with a disastrous injury record, how could any sensible owner possibly consider him for looking after millions of pounds worth of club assets

Ashton and Ipswich would seem the obvious choice..

19 hours ago, Daniro said:

He is gone. 

9 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

the more numpties ashton nicks, the better for us. let him keep his office until the end of may, the new ceo can share NPs for that time,chances are they will be spending a lot of time working together anyway

Well we did!!!... And ... Its Ashton who we are pleased to announce has recruited the hugely travelled (read untalented) Andrew Rolls here at Portman Road.

Mixed feelings about this, delighted he’s gone & hopefully any other of Ashton’s mates follow him out the door.

But I really do hope we have told Ashton to stay away for the remainder of his time with us, as this is another obvious sign what he has actually been doing over the last few months & I cannot believe SL thinks anything other than he has been deceived.

The only feint praise I can give Teflon is that having completely hoodwinked the billionaire Owner and built his empire at the Gate surrounded by his mates on the payroll he at least had the decency to **** off AND take his mates with him. He didn't leave us stuck with a load of expensive crap in key staffing positions.............just a load of players who are worthless crap for the most part.

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Isn’t it a sign of insecurity to have to work with the same people over and over again? That’s not for me to comment...

Unbelievable that professional clubs, especially ones with Ipswich’s standing, get their pants pulled down so easily by this ‘dream team’. Feel sorry for their fans and Paul Cooke and glad it’s not our problem anymore. 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Mixed feelings about this, delighted he’s gone & hopefully any other of Ashton’s mates follow him out the door.

But I really do hope we have told Ashton to stay away for the remainder of his time with us, as this is another obvious sign what he has actually been doing over the last few months & I cannot believe SL thinks anything other than he has been deceived.

Indeed. It stinks tbh. 

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Isn’t it a sign of insecurity to have to work with the same people over and over again? That’s not for me to comment...

Interesting that Nige made a point of saying he will work with people who are good, not just people he knows!

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If Ipswich now suffer with loads of injuries then I think it can't just be bad luck that wherever Rolls goes players get injured. 

Obviously all teams suffer bad injuries, but Arsenal, West Ham and now us seem to have had is worse than most with Rolls.

Worse than most? Can’t find the article now, but they both had a catastrophic time with injuries when he was there.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have no sympathy at all for Steve on this particular issue. He's the one who came out fighting saying the fans had it wrong all along and Teflon is the kiddie..............

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

There are two ways to look at it.

Simple answer is YES. You know the quality of them, reliability etc.

But the big drawback is overfamiliarity in people and methods of working which lead to staleness, mostly unnoticed due to the comfort zone.

One good example of how to do it is Sir Alec at Man U. He changed his coaching staff on a regular basis. It meant that he was faced with fresh methods and opinions that did not allow him to become stale.

The best way example of staleness closer to home that I can think of is Alan Dicks. The side playing in the last season in the First Division mostly comprised the players who started in the first season up there. If he had changed more of them, it is very conceivable that we would have stayed up? And how different the last forty years might have been.

I'm not knocking AD but just highlighting that familiarity breeds contempt. But also remember that changing too many/much in one go can also lead to disaster. So, unless more changes are forced on NP such as three or four massive offers for Bentley, Semenyo etc, in addition to OOC, he probably will only bring in five or six in total with possibly three or four in each starting line up.

Then another couple in January and so on.

Can only assume Ashton is staying on so he can announce the £multi-billion deal that he has been working on for Steve with the Yanks.

This can be the only reason.

If he fails to secure the mega-investment deal before he leaves, Ashton must go down imo as probably the worst appointment this football club has ever made - and that bar is set very low. 

Basically, we’re back where we started with him in terms of league position but now with a squad value that is borderline zero, with no team spirit, partnerships, plan, little quality, disrupted backroom staff, owner losing interest, and aspiration set of avoiding relegation next season.  Starting position was a decent squad, moderate value, great team spirit, numerous partnerships, high optimism, significant support and investment from the Owner and the feel-good factor of a new stadium. 

Shocking. 

Archived