IGNORED

Andy Rolls Leaving

Greedo

I have only one sentence to say to this news;

Whoever predicted this take a bow...

Oh.. that's all of us then.

How does this guy keep landing jobs when with his last three clubs, us included, he has left behind utter carnage? Oh... Yeah.... It's Ashton again.

Hilarious.

?

P.s. ok it was more than a sentence. And I will add a caveat for our Tractor boy brethren... Surely he has got to do a decent job at some point?

Imagine the look of shock on my face when I read the latest on this topic......

Ipswich are well and truly screwed for the next few years with that waste of space. How long before Paul Cook is off, to be replaced with Appleton....

Ashton really showing his insecurity here. There's keeping the people around that you know and can trust, and there's keeping people around you to hide your failings.

Good luck Ipswich. You'll need it with this group coming to you.

Glad to see the back of Rolls, but just think about this.

His new employers are Mark Ashtons future employers, and this all occurred whilst both were still employees of Bristol City Football Club, and one of them is still our CEO.

Mindblowing.

I don’t understand how Ashton is still at the club and In charge of day to day operations although he’s appointing staff at his new club. What happens in regards to our situation with 13 players out of contract. Ashton doesn’t care about our situation because he’s ******* off end of this month. Absolute shambles

38 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Can only assume Ashton is staying on so he can announce the £multi-billion deal that he has been working on for Steve with the Yanks.

This can be the only reason.

If he fails to secure the mega-investment deal before he leaves, Ashton must go down imo as probably the worst appointment this football club has ever made - and that bar is set very low. 

Basically, we’re back where we started with him in terms of league position but now with a squad value that is borderline zero, with no team spirit, partnerships, plan, little quality, disrupted backroom staff, owner losing interest, and aspiration set of avoiding relegation next season.  Starting position was a decent squad, moderate value, great team spirit, numerous partnerships, high optimism, significant support and investment from the Owner and the feel-good factor of a new stadium. 

Shocking. 

I hadn't though about that, but you could well be right.    However, when JL was asked about future investment in the recent interview with Nige, he was quite clear that there was nothing imminent.   I know we don't believe everything we are told by our beloved club, but JL isn't very good in front of the camera and it's usually very easy to see if he's not telling the truth or is uncomfortable with what he's saying.   He seemed pretty certain on that point.

The only other explanation for Aston still being at the club after his appalling record of failure  is that the Lansdowns are still under his spell and are doing what he tells them.

15 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Glad to see the back of Rolls, but just think about this.

His new employers are Mark Ashtons future employers, and this all occurred whilst both were still employees of Bristol City Football Club, and one of them is still our CEO.

Mindblowing.

In Rolls case, no different to either of us looking for other employment whilst employed....as long as he’s not ignoring his duties here!

Re MA, as CEO and importantly Director, comes a whole load of legal responsibilities.

I’m pretty sure poaching club employers staff for your future employer is not moral nor legal.

MA is scum.  I really hope that what I’ve heard is that MA has been sidelined, and it’s just JL being “sensitive” / careful with what he says.  Certainly been no announcement to Companies House (yet).

47 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Can only assume Ashton is staying on so he can announce the £multi-billion deal that he has been working on for Steve with the Yanks.

This can be the only reason.

If he fails to secure the mega-investment deal before he leaves, Ashton must go down imo as probably the worst appointment this football club has ever made - and that bar is set very low. 

Basically, we’re back where we started with him in terms of league position but now with a squad value that is borderline zero, with no team spirit, partnerships, plan, little quality, disrupted backroom staff, owner losing interest, and aspiration set of avoiding relegation next season.  Starting position was a decent squad, moderate value, great team spirit, numerous partnerships, high optimism, significant support and investment from the Owner and the feel-good factor of a new stadium. 

Shocking. 

Not a hope imho.  

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In Rolls case, no different to either of us looking for other employment whilst employed....as long as he’s not ignoring his duties here!

Re MA, as CEO and importantly Director, comes a whole load of legal responsibilities.

I’m pretty sure poaching club employers staff for your future employer is not moral nor legal.

MA is scum.  I really hope that what I’ve heard is that MA has been sidelined, and it’s just JL being “sensitive” / careful with what he says.  Certainly been no announcement to Companies House (yet).

Yes you are right about Rolls, just a bit murky for me as he was clearly recruited by our current CEO whilst he is working his notice period.

I want to know when Ashton found the time to negotiate with Ipswich whilst maintaining responsibility for his CEO actions with us. Cannot help but wonder how long his eye has been off the ball.

4 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Yes you are right about Rolls, just a bit murky for me as he was clearly recruited by our current CEO whilst he is working his notice period.

I want to know when Ashton found the time to negotiate with Ipswich whilst maintaining responsibility for his CEO actions with us. Cannot help but wonder how long his eye has been off the ball.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s let contracts run down so he can pinch some players for Ipswich. I know the players aren’t good enough for us now but it’s cheaper for him 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Mixed feelings about this, delighted he’s gone & hopefully any other of Ashton’s mates follow him out the door.

But I really do hope we have told Ashton to stay away for the remainder of his time with us, as this is another obvious sign what he has actually been doing over the last few months & I cannot believe SL thinks anything other than he has been deceived.

He has been gone  for some time. Don't worry. 

23 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I don’t understand how Ashton is still at the club and In charge of day to day operations although he’s appointing staff at his new club. What happens in regards to our situation with 13 players out of contract. Ashton doesn’t care about our situation because he’s ******* off end of this month. Absolute shambles

He is not at the club. Has not been for some time. 

6 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

The club wanted Rolls gone. It is a blessing . If he could also take one of the coaches and some of the recruitment team, it will be a great help for the rebuilding process. 

Just now, Finley_Smith10 said:

I’m not saying I don’t believe you. But what evidence do you have to prove this. JL said in the interview MA is still carrying on day to day operations until his contract ends 

Your choice.

What exactly do you think is proof ? A photo of him pruning his roses ? 

He's gone. 

9 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Since Bradenton?  Certainly since the summer imho

3 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

He is not at the club. Has not been for some time. 

What I’ve heard too.

Just now, Psychopomp said:

Your choice.

He's gone. 

Careful regarding the pricks! ?

1 minute ago, Psychopomp said:

The club wanted Rolls gone. It is a blessing . If he could also take one of the coaches and some of the recruitment team, it will be a great help for the rebuilding process. 

I agree, I wanted Rolls gone based on his performance at Arsenal, and West Ham, and after our wasted season of doom.

If the club wanted Rolls gone, why was he not sooner? Purely down to Ashton wanting to keep him? (As apparent now that Rolls has landed the Ipswich job).

By that logic, in our recent history, Mark Ashton must have been “the club”, and what he said went?

3 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Your choice.

He's gone. 

Yeah, I’m not arguing with you. You obviously have some insight into the club unlike me and some others who just speculate on here. If JL is lying about MA at the club then surely that raises another concern i.e trust between between board and supporters 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What I’ve heard too.

Careful regarding the pricks! ?

All seems so convenient for Ashton does it not?

It certainly seems too machiavellian to be true but was Holden appointed purely to give Ashton enough time to get the Ipswich switch in line without a strong dissenting voice questioning our contract/injury situation, which surely would have happened had an “experienced” manager been appointed post LJ. Thats basically what has happened since NP has come in.

It all feels like we were used as a “holding season” as bigger things were sorted out for individual gain.

Just now, Davefevs said:

What I’ve heard too.

I am not sure if some think SL is sat on an island delighted with what has happened this season. At the end of the day, he has been writing a huge multi million cheque to watch a group , basically do nothing and taking the micky out of the club , the fans and himself. He must be off the rev limiter. 

Misguided he may have been on some decisions and choices, but he will be as angry as next fan about the disgrace of this season. Let's just reming ourseves, this was the highest wage bill and transfer spend on the team in our history.

Is Nige the answer ? Who knows, but at least we are starting to sort out the nonsense and there is a huge amount of change coming. Ashton left because he knows he would have been fired IMHO. Rolls would have been fired too. Finally we are addressing some major issues. Recruitment to be sorted next.

Let's see where we are in 2 years. Mark Ashton ? Who he ? 

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Whoa!  DF, I knew u were not enamoured with Ashton, but "Scum" is a very strong insult, I did not realise just how detested he was.  You probably have a greater knowledge of his character than I do, I am extremely pleased he is going, but you obviously feel even stronger than I do that this particular unwanted material is no longer floating on top of our pond? Ha!  ?    

17 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Whoa!  DF, I knew u were not enamoured with Ashton, but "Scum" is a very strong insult, I did not realise just how detested he was.  You probably have a greater knowledge of his character than I do, I am extremely pleased he is going, but you obviously feel even stronger than I do that this particular unwanted material is no longer floating on top of our pond? Ha!  ?    

How would you describe him. Years of failure and now this convenient move to Ipswich which wouldn’t have exactly happened out of the blue and must’ve been in the planning for a good while, all the while picking up nearly twice the average wage of a Champ CEO. Hes taken the proverbial out of us it seems.  

36 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Perhaps Ashton is "working" from home remotely, "works" 8-3 for us, then 3-10 for Ipswich - pulling a double shift.

He's always going on about how busy he is....

I seriously doubt he is still "actively" working for us, but more on the end of a phone/video call to go through stuff that needs explaining (if needed).

Maybe Steve and Jon are happy to have him still associated with the club whilst he "recruits" his new Ipswich staff from the pungent crap that he's collected whilst here. That way it makes it easier for BCFC as we don't have to sack anyone or make them redundant.

End of the day, from all of the current staff associated with the club, would we miss many of them?

16 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Yep, poor choice of words, meant it in terms of how he’s operated over this.....not him personally.  Although you could argue the two go hand in hand??? ??‍♂️

This is Werhun and now Rolls, not a one-off.  That is piss-poor from Ashton isn’t it?

22 minutes ago, Daniro said:

I hope someone's got the time to have a look at the Ipswich forums to see if their fans have clocked what kind of a package they've signed up for!

I've no doubt it'll be along the lines of "them wurzels are a bitter lot"

Archived