IGNORED

Andy Rolls Leaving

Greedo

22 minutes ago, Daniro said:

I hope someone's got the time to have a look at the Ipswich forums to see if their fans have clocked what kind of a package they've signed up for!

Was more a good laugh seeing them trying to explain away City fans concerns over the two of them rather than the fans of the club who've they been employees of for a few years

22 minutes ago, Daniro said:

I hope someone's got the time to have a look at the Ipswich forums to see if their fans have clocked what kind of a package they've signed up for!

I had a quick look and most of them seem unbothered by it, bar a few exceptions. Some of them thinking we are getting above ourselves about it all as well and how dare little old Bristol City complain! 

TBH based on the attitude of some of their posters they are welcome to them!

Pleased to see the back of  Ashton and Rolls, particularly Rolls. But as I am sure it has been said on this thread makes me angry to think that the planning of their next jobs  in football were done whilst they were supposed to be doing their best for City who were paying them. How Rolls can get a job with another club after his performance this season is astonishing and maybe shows how gullible Ipswich are. As Ashton starts filling their club up with his cronies. New job for Rolls at Ipswich, Holden assistant manager at Stoke, it seems performance in your last job is no barrier to getting another one in football. It is a bit harder in the real world.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

In Rolls case, no different to either of us looking for other employment whilst employed....as long as he’s not ignoring his duties here!

Re MA, as CEO and importantly Director, comes a whole load of legal responsibilities.

I’m pretty sure poaching club employers staff for your future employer is not moral nor legal.

MA is scum.  I really hope that what I’ve heard is that MA has been sidelined, and it’s just JL being “sensitive” / careful with what he says.  Certainly been no announcement to Companies House (yet).

It really is similar to a Sunday League Team who are struggling and then in comes the new Manager who has won the league and cup a few times and brings all his "mates" (i.e. players who just follow him parrot fashion everywhere he goes) with him. The only differences are this is staffing not players and the new guy coming in at Ipswich with all his mates has literally won **** all. Whether Ashton is acting in accordance with his legal/moral obligations or not what I do know is that this mass departure to Ipswich is doing BCFC and the Owner in particular a favour in the long run whatever happens over the next year or two. We would certainly have been considering replacing and therefore paying up Rolls had he not voluntary left for starters.

31 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I've no doubt it'll be along the lines of "them wurzels are a bitter lot"

Yep... on the day it was announced quite a few of them were saying "City fans are just bitter he is moving to a bigger club with higher aspirations"

Um......OK...

15 minutes ago, PhilC said:

Yep... on the day it was announced quite a few of them were saying "City fans are just bitter he is moving to a bigger club with higher aspirations"

Um......OK...

The best bit about that is when they lose a few next season the "lack of ambition" in appointing Bristol City rejects will be the first thing that comes out of their gobs.....

1 hour ago, lenred said:

How would you describe him. Years of failure and now this convenient move to Ipswich which wouldn’t have exactly happened out of the blue and must’ve been in the planning for a good while, all the while picking up nearly twice the average wage of a Champ CEO. Hes taken the proverbial out of us it seems.  

I definitely would not buy a second hand car from this guy!  I find it difficult to give a definitive opinion of him, as i do not obviously know him personally....but from a distance, he appears untrustworthy and manipulative.........I am glad he has gone .                     .              

Just now, Daniro said:

Hilarious!  Mark Ashton managed to extend planning permission for the training ground.   What a miracle worker!  ???. Where would we be without him! 

Never known anything like that before........what a man. To have that ability to ring your architect and talk him into phoning the planning department and request an extension at the risk of being kneecapped............it's genius how people will do anything for the bloke.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, poor choice of words, meant it in terms of how he’s operated over this.....not him personally.  Although you could argue the two go hand in hand??? ??‍♂️

This is Werhun and now Rolls, not a one-off.  That is piss-poor from Ashton isn’t it?

Yep....I cannot disagree.  And I cannot wait to see which backroom staff Big "Yeah" Nige appoints?

38 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I’ve never had a second team but mine might now be Norwich after reading that and what their fans think about us on twitter

Come on now let's not be precious like Barnsley or Rovers fans. They have a right i an opinion even if some of them don't have a clue what they are talking about. One of their fans stated why we are self entitled all of a sudden?

We are the worst side in the league so I hardly find us entitled. All we wanted was a half decent side considering the money we put in.

We could also pose the same question back to them....Why do they think they should be a championship side? Seems very self entitled if you ask me. History doesn't get you promoted. They have been moaning like children and so to has Cook despite being within reach of top 6 of league one for a large proportion of the sseason.

I really don't know how Ashton can preach about process and procedures and then just appoint his mates. Surely you would review the previous positions of who you recruit and in Rolls case ask tough questions about why his clubs seem to have constant injury problems. Not laying all the blame at Rolls door but the buck does stop with him!!

3 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Yes you are right about Rolls, just a bit murky for me as he was clearly recruited by our current CEO whilst he is working his notice period.

I want to know when Ashton found the time to negotiate with Ipswich whilst maintaining responsibility for his CEO actions with us. Cannot help but wonder how long his eye has been off the ball.

Also I think he is in the elf board ? Who does he represent at meetings us or Ipswich?

For those concerned about conflict of interest, I am assured that Ashton has unofficially left. The club are just putting the usual spin on it to save face. 
SL had a wake up call - and he ain’t happy. 

Rest assured - HE HAS GONE. 

I am glad to finally see many of our fans coming to the realisation of who Ashton is. 
I’ve been warning you all for 5 years. 
What a massive relief that he’s gone and taken his toilet with him. 

For those who’ve commented on the Paul Cook juxtaposition. I spoke to an agent last week who’d been in conversation with Paul. He jokingly brought up that he’ll be working with Ashton. Needless to say, Cooky wasn’t too impressed. Watch this space on that one I reckon........ 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

For those concerned about conflict of interest, I am assured that Ashton has unofficially left. The club are just putting the usual spin on it to save face. 
SL had a wake up call - and he ain’t happy. 

Rest assured - HE HAS GONE. 

I am glad to finally see many of our fans coming to the realisation of who Ashton is. 
I’ve been warning you all for 5 years. 
What a massive relief that he’s gone and taken his toilet with him. 

For those who’ve commented on the Paul Cook juxtaposition. I spoke to an agent last week who’d been in conversation with Paul. He jokingly brought up that he’ll be working with Ashton. Needless to say, Cooky wasn’t too impressed. Watch this space on that one I reckon........ 

I do wonder whether Cook might be a short term appointment

Archived