IGNORED

Andy Rolls Leaving

Greedo

49 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Would SL have become aware of the MA/ITFC situation last summer? That may explain the issues around appointing a new head coach, media blackout etc? 

Maybe - here's a potentially crazy theory:

SL knew about MA planning to leave last summer. He asked him to stay on for the full year, get the HPC open, finish the stuff he's doing and so on, and then leave.

As a result, SL knows there will be a major change coming in the club. Rather than appoint a new manager (Pearson, Hughton) who'd want a lot of control immediately, he'd rather wait until MA is gone and the new guy can have a major input into what happens. He also sees all the out of contract players, the uncertainty around covid, and the stars are aligning slightly for a rebuild.

As a result, they appoint Holden, hope he can hold the fort for a year and not take us down, then ditch him and hire an actual manager with the lure of a clean slate, a new CEO, his own staff, loads of OOC players he can replace, and so on. Unfortunately Holden was potentially taking us down so they had to pull the trigger a bit early, and now have the slightly awkward situation with Ashton's departure getting leaked prematurely, and Nigel taking more control than expected early.

No idea about the above, just a thought. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit for planning!

15 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

SL knew about MA planning to leave last summer. He asked him to stay on for the full year, get the HPC open, finish the stuff he's doing and so on, and then leave.

As a result, SL knows there will be a major change coming in the club. Rather than appoint a new manager (Pearson, Hughton) who'd want a lot of control immediately, he'd rather wait until MA is gone and the new guy can have a major input into what happens. He also sees all the out of contract players, the uncertainty around covid, and the stars are aligning slightly for a rebuild.

As a result, they appoint Holden, hope he can hold the fort for a year and not take us down, then ditch him and hire an actual manager with the lure of a clean slate, a new CEO, his own staff, loads of OOC players he can replace, and so on. Unfortunately Holden was potentially taking us down so they had to pull the trigger a bit early, and now have the slightly awkward situation with Ashton's departure getting leaked prematurely, and Nigel taking more control than expected early.

No idea about the above, just a thought. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit for planning!

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

Just playing devil's advocate here... It will be interesting to see what we all think if Ipswich don't have any injury crises in the next couple of seasons. 

I'm pretty sure I read on their forum that they already had a bad one. This was in response to us pointing the finger at MA and Rolls, saying we are no different to plenty other teams.

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

Interesting that.

Shows alot of insight into why Johnson/Holden were brought in. 

Ashton is the biggest fraud and bullshitter going. 

EDIT: When I say insight I mean confirmation. It was obvious why Holden was brought in, and it wasnt for his experience or the fact he is a good human.  

Let's be honest the only thing Ashton has done is help us get better value for our players that have been sold, he has failed to replace those players with decent quality players.  And he's jumped ship like a rat when he's been found out, the little fraud.

Oddest bit is Ipswich fans basically saying “silly Bristol City should know their place, Ashton workers wonders”. One bit of credit we should take as a fan base is how well we have reacted to the sales of our top talent, understanding the wider economics involved and our place in the food chain. 

they seem to want to cover their ears to the complete car crash Ashton and Rolls are leaving behind. Good luck to them, so glad they are out of this club. Good luck to Ipswich as well, I hope they know their place and don’t complain. 

On 05/05/2021 at 11:32, IAmNick said:

Sorry to be thick - what is ‘HPC’ ?

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry to be thick - what is ‘HPC’ ?

Now you've started something. 

Help please cover-up.

Health possibly corrupt

From FBC podcast - Hamstring performance Centre

On 05/05/2021 at 11:32, IAmNick said:

Surely if SL knew Ashton was planning to leave last summer, he would've had his replacement ready to assume office from 1 June 2021? SL would've had a year to do the most thorough recruitment process of his life (blowing Holden's appointment into the water) if that theory was true, IMO.

1 hour ago, tin said:

Surely if SL knew Ashton was planning to leave last summer, he would've had his replacement ready to assume office from 1 June 2021? SL would've had a year to do the most thorough recruitment process of his life (blowing Holden's appointment into the water) if that theory was true, IMO.

Yep good point - it really is just a random guess as so much chaos (player contracts ending, Ashton / other staff leaving, covid, Holden/Pearson) all seems to be aligning this summer I was wondering if it was more than just coincidence (or crap planning).

Maybe there is a replacement? Maybe he wanted the next manager to have more input? Maybe I'm talking a load of bollocks (most likely)!

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Yep good point - it really is just a random guess as so much chaos (player contracts ending, Ashton / other staff leaving, covid, Holden/Pearson) all seems to be aligning this summer I was wondering if it was more than just coincidence (or crap planning).

Maybe there is a replacement? Maybe he wanted the next manager to have more input? Maybe I'm talking a load of bollocks (most likely)!

If it looks like a clusterfck, sounds like a clusterfck and smells like a clusterfck, then what you've most probably got is a good old BCFC...   

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

It's a theory and it's possible. I just lean more to the crap planning side of the argument, though, borne out of SL taking his eye off the ball and his son spending more time in the Caribbean, leaving a charlatan and his mates to ride roughshod over the club. 

On 05/05/2021 at 11:52, mozo said:

Just playing devil's advocate here... It will be interesting to see what we all think if Ipswich don't have any injury crises in the next couple of seasons. 

I think it will be an outlier.............because Arsenal, West Ham and Bristol City have all employed this bloke and suffered horrendous injury issues.

Archived