IGNORED

I want Barnsley to win the play-offs and the reason is

Brentford for me, on their day they are the best team in the division and deserve their shot at the big time.

Swansea's parachute payments must be up this year too so they could be in a bit of trouble financially and struggle next year, Barnsley are having a one-off season and won't be the same force next year and Bournemouth would be a cracking away weekend.

47 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

I want Bournemouth to go up so that the remaining parachute payments for the three clubs relegated last year are split between the EFL clubs. That money is more important than ever to the 72 at the moment.

The money is split between the Prem clubs apparently 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Barnsley is a three and a half hour train journey

Brentford is a one train journey

swansea is a one train journey

although Bournmouth is a change of trains at Southmpton

I was just looking at the league 2  playoff picture. I’m now hoping that Newport make it through, to upset any train hating sags who will have to get locked out at  Tranmere, Morecambe and Salford.

28 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

I want Bournemouth to go up so that the remaining parachute payments for the three clubs relegated last year are split between the EFL clubs. That money is more important than ever to the 72 at the moment.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the greedy PL bastards don’t distribute it to the EFL....but within their own clubs.

Fair play to Barnsley, according to transfer market their squad is half the value of ours, they've had 3 managers in three years, were in league one a few seasons ago and only avoided being back there last season because of Wigan's 12 point deduction.

To make the play offs is an impressive achievement.

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

I live in North east london. Always find it amusing that, when we play Brentford away, Bristol based City fans make it home before I do!

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the greedy PL bastards don’t distribute it to the EFL....but within their own clubs.

That is annoying news. I heard his morning that the PL want to roll over the current domestic TV deal for a further 12 months because they won’t get as much from the next rights auction. Maybe the house of cards is about to tumble.

58 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

That is annoying news. I heard his morning that the PL want to roll over the current domestic TV deal for a further 12 months because they won’t get as much from the next rights auction. Maybe the house of cards is about to tumble.

It wouldn’t surprise me.

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Although I think Brentford probably deserve it for the last few seasons, I would like to go to their new ground next season. So Barnsley for me.

Yeah - I'd like to go to the new stadium and to Bournemouth next season. I don't think I'll go to Swansea or Barnsley so fine with either going up. 

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Surely you'd fly to Barnsley though? 

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Fair play to Barnsley, according to transfer market their squad is half the value of ours, they've had 3 managers in three years, were in league one a few seasons ago and only avoided being back there last season because of Wigan's 12 point deduction.

To make the play offs is an impressive achievement.

And does in a way give us hope for next season or this season after IF we get decision and recuitment correct.

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

You can also change at Dorchester for Bournemouth and walk the short distance between the two stations there.

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

The quicker Hartlepool get back to the Championship the better........................

3 hours ago, Banned User said:

The money is split between the Prem clubs apparently 

Yep it is NOT apparently...it is definitely the case.   Which considering how rich most Prem clubs are, does not seem fair or correct.  Something which should be  assessed by the powers that be, and made an issue by EFL clubs at the next meeting?

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Watford and Norwich going straight back up will save the PL £85 million in parachute payments. That £85 million will be distributed amongst the PL. ?

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Jim White on TALKSPORT was talking about a campaign to get the PL to give this saved money £70m) to teams lower down the pyramid who have really suffered. The EFL are going to ask the PL . 
https://www.daily Mail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9513213/EFL-ask-Premier-League-70m-saved-parachute-payments-Watford-Norwich-promoted.html

Not sure of their chances as the PL refused a similar request (£34m) when Fulham were promoted last season.

Bournemouth for me for the following reasons.

Swansea- welsh and shouldn't be in the English leagues so never want them to achieve anything.

Barnsley- will be another "smaller" club making it and coming back down with a load of money to potentially make them strong each year.

Brentford- a bit like Barnsley and surely if they keep failing at some point they have to fall apart a bit. They can't keep selling players and then always hitting recruitment well. 

Archived