IGNORED

Jamie Patterson

Hampshire reds

I feel Patongets a lot of unfair criticism. IMO him and Wiemann were the keys behind our good start to the season. He’s probably one of the best of our, admittedly poor, bunch of players. 
Allowing him to leave is fine as long as you replace with better. Much easier said than done. Especially with no CEO or Manager in place. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

This is going to be a very interesting summer.  And one of the things that interests me is what level of clubs will be in for our our of contract players. And then seeing how they do for those clubs.

Pato can be a very good player at this level imo. I am happy for him to leave though as I think we struggle to get the best out of him.

So did Derby

Good player on his day but he epitomises what’s went wrong at city for the past years. Players who are soft, go missing and are too comfortable at the club.

I’m sure there is plenty more players out there who turn up more often. Pearson probably is already planning who to bring in/certain type of players. We need players who put in 7/10s for most of the season not one who turns up 2/10 games 

34 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In League 1.

Relatively. 

Even at Championship level, I.e Freeman at QPR had better returns than Pato ever had at this level. And that was actually across the entire season. 

The talk on here has rightly been about a lack of leaders on the pitch. Yet with Patterson the tougher the game the more invisible he becomes. When you need to rely on your senior players to stand up and be counted he is no where to be found. How can you build a team with players like that. Pleased to see him on his way.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

For all of those sad to see Pato go, don’t worry. 

You can just pretend he’s still in the team, because in 9 out of 10 games he’ll have the same effect when he’s gone. 

Out of likes here, and there is a good point in the joke as well: even if he goes would we actually even notice?

Its not like he’s a key player like Bentley or key provider of assists or goals. 

In my view, he’s one of those creative players we fail to use properly when we don’t have a solid engine room in central midfield. There’s not much point criticising Paterson and Palmer for doing nothing if the team hasn’t got any possession; nor can you really expect them to be successful in battling for it. 

Let’s hope Williams gets fit or NP finds an alternative (or two) to get us some possession in the first place. If we had that, Pa or Pa would be fine.

I don't have anything against any of the players. It's just after three seasons now of very dull, uninspiring football including horrendous inconsistency from MOST players I will not be sad to see any of them go. Whoever is deemed good enough to stay, I have no problem with that whatsoever, the rest can just quietly leave as far as I'm concerned. I can't think of one single ooc player that I would be desperate to keep but there are a couple of like Weimann who is the right sort and I certainly wouldn't complain of we kept. There are also one or two ooc players who I would literally pay up now like Warnock has done just to send them a final message from the club but unfortunately that requires a permanent Manager to be in place.

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

I was just going to say exactly this.

Paterson is inconsistent and can frustrate as a result. But he never goes missing and he has tonnes ability. His movement is excellent and I think we have really missed him while he’s been out this season. He’s more likely to create and score goals than pretty much anyone else we have at present, and Christ knows we need some creativity. Until this season his fitness record has been pretty good too.

I would keep Paterson for another 2 years personally. As Graham said, if he consistently played at his best he’d be playing for someone way higher up the pyramid than us.

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

I think he’s a lot better than that.

A lot of people on this thread are talking about how he wouldn’t be a regular in a top 6 side, and I think that’s true. What’s also true is that we are absolutely miles off that level as a club at the moment. As a result, are we really going to do that much better than players like Paterson? I’m really not so sure we are. 

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2021/04/03/nottingham-forest-could-do-worse-re-sign-jamie-paterson/

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I don't have anything against any of the players. It's just after three seasons now of very dull, uninspiring football including horrendous inconsistency from MOST players I will not be sad to see any of them go. Whoever is deemed good enough to stay, I have no problem with that whatsoever, the rest can just quietly leave as far as I'm concerned. I can't think of one single ooc player that I would be desperate to keep but there are a couple of like Weimann who is the right sort and I certainly wouldn't complain of we kept. There are also one or two ooc players who I would literally pay up now like Warnock has done just to send them a final message from the club but unfortunately that requires a permanent Manager to be in place.

Looks as though we have a manager so expect your post to be implemented in practice. Agree with all the above.  

To be fair, i’d rather Pato than Palmer given the choice. 
More quality and goals in Pato, and he probably still beats Palmer for consistency even though hes inconsistent himself. 
Was brilliant playing just behind Reid a few years back. Given big Nige staying and seemingly liking a 4231 formation, i’d have him as the central man of the 3. 
However, we could also do with the huge clearout thats available to us too, so its a difficult one. 
I expect a lot of OOC players this year may be in for a salary shock trying to find a new deal or new club though. 

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

To be fair, i’d rather Pato than Palmer given the choice. 
More quality and goals in Pato, and he probably still beats Palmer for consistency even though hes inconsistent himself. 
Was brilliant playing just behind Reid a few years back. Given big Nige staying and seemingly liking a 4231 formation, i’d have him as the central man of the 3. 
However, we could also do with the huge clearout thats available to us too, so its a difficult one. 
I expect a lot of OOC players this year may be in for a salary shock trying to find a new deal or new club though. 

I think he’d fit in any of those 3 positions.

As per earlier post, all about whether we can get better (and younger).

8 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

He only seems to play well when it’s warmer August/September and April/ May

Seen more fat on a cold chip

Let him go 

Except his great run in late November-end of December 2017?

A goal or assist on average each game that month! Not terribly warm in December, think his form went on a sudden uptick- or maybe output a better word- in December 2018 albeit not as much as the golden period.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Edcept his great run in late November-end of December 2017?

A goal or assist on average each game that month! Not terribly warm in December, think his form went on a sudden uptick- or maybe output a better word- in December 2018 albeit not as much as the golden period.

Fair enough- had a virus at some point I’m sure, never the same since - one of our better players at times, but not much to judge against 

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Fair enough- had a virus at some point I’m sure, never the same since - one of our better players at times, but not much to judge against 

Yeah, forgot about the virus.

Paterson is one of those I can't make mind up on. End product, while not top class is superior to Palmer eg- and his versatility certainly is, which can help us out of possession.

Otoh he is approaching 30, and we've signed quite a few too many who are over 30 in the last couple of years. While better than Palmer in varied areas, can he push us on...medium-long term injury in year of expiry definitely won't help either.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah, forgot about the virus.

Paterson is one of those I can't make mind up on. End product, while not top class is superior to Palmer eg- and his versatility certainly is, which can help us out of possession.

Otoh he is approaching 30, and we've signed quite a few too many who are over 30 in the last couple of years. While better than Palmer in varied areas, can he push us on...medium-long term injury in year of expiry definitely won't help either.

He’s defo been better value than Palmer who is very frustrating 

I was probably a bit harsh after taking on board what you said - maybe NP could give him a year, see how he gets on with him

I’ve got mixed views on Pato. He’s inconsistent and often goes missing, but on his day he’s a very good player. One of our few players currently who can run at the opposition. And he has weighed in with goals.

He should probably go as part of our clearout to make room for someone better/younger (whoever that is) and has been part of a squad that has been increasingly poor, but he has qualities, maybe just as a squad player. 

Archived