IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed as new City Manager on a 3 Year Deal

CyderInACan

Just now, BCFC76 said:

Brilliant news! Get Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh to work with him. And hire Adriano Basso to become full time goalkeeper coach 

Doubt we could get him from Aston Villa but is it possible he would want to work with Pearson again, relish the challenge? Still I doubt we could get him.

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Mark Ashton Gone. ✅

Hamstring snapper Gone ✅

Nigel Pearson 3 year deal  ✅

Whats next on the ✅ list.

Downing & Simpson out

Steve Walsh in

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

Downing & Simpson out

Steve Walsh in

Fisher reports they are staying

"Confirmation of Pearson’s extension could be announced before City’s game at Millwall on Saturday. The assistant managers Paul Simpson and Keith Downing are set to remain on his staff."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/28/nigel-pearson-agrees-three-year-contract-to-lead-bristol-city-rebuild?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

4 minutes ago, !james said:

Piss on our chips...

4 minutes ago, !james said:

Hopefully, on the condition that they undertake a thorough, intensive refresher course.

Based on what we've seen so far, they have either forgotten everything they learnt or how to implement theories into practice.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fisher reports they are staying

"Confirmation of Pearson’s extension could be announced before City’s game at Millwall on Saturday. The assistant managers Paul Simpson and Keith Downing are set to remain on his staff."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/28/nigel-pearson-agrees-three-year-contract-to-lead-bristol-city-rebuild?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

If you believe Ben Fisher has the inside line (and I tend to), then afraid not:

8D08FF9F-420E-4FAF-ADE9-98E5F1B9513D.jpeg

7 minutes ago, !james said:

FFS lads. You could’ve let us enjoy it for a little while longer!!! ?

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

John Percy seems very reliable, if it happens absolutely the right move at the right time.

Just what the club need.

Also skimread thread, Ben Fisher reporting it sounds like it adds credence too.

Percy covers the East Midlands too, basically anything to do with Derby or Leicester, he’s the man.

Not difficult to work out how he knows this.

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

If you believe Ben Fisher has the inside line (and I tend to), then afraid not:

8D08FF9F-420E-4FAF-ADE9-98E5F1B9513D.jpeg

It could be announced before saturday?? So a journalist has said its all agreed, but it could be announced within the next 3 days? At the risk of being told im no fun at partys, this doesnt exactly sound like a display of forthright and accurate journalism to me, more like a stab in the dark to suggest something that might have been happening anyway. 

i will go for another one,,, diedhou might not be playing for us next season....

If true, good news. 

Of the two assistants in the other hand, Downing at least has experience with WBA - however I believe he may have had a role in Brunt coming in. 

Id honestly rather on that basis neither staying. As long as we get a Solid DOF vs CEO I'll be content dependant on results next season. 

Archived