IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed as new City Manager on a 3 Year Deal

CyderInACan

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What makes you think they are bad coaches? 

You say its great news Pearson will be our manager. But don't you rate his judgement on what coaches he wants to work with?

He might have no choice.

Let’s suppose there are only the funds to make 2 further appointments & he feels prioritising recruitment (Walsh) & medical (Rennie) makes the most sense?

Hardly a far fetched scenario, is it?

4 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

If true I will be chuffed. He actually likes it here, a big moment 

A bloody miracle - I think this could have easily gone the other way and him say he didn't want it.

Maybe there is more to us than we as fans think/see. 

39 minutes ago, Pezo said:

We should really start by replacing what we don't have before we start replacing what we do have.

I'm OK with Downing and Simpson staying on if NP has said he would like them to stay (which I assume he has). 

If it's something that Nige has had to compromise on I'd be disappointed. Still, happy with the news! COYR

14 minutes ago, lenred said:

They were part of the Holden regime and I for one would love to see a clean sweep of the coaching staff and for NP to get the men he wants.  But you can’t have it all and good point made earlier that we need to concentrate on filling the roles we don’t have currently.  Just feel though that if we really are going for it let’s go all in. Far far easier said than done though I very much appreciate that.  

Football fans are fickle and after a bad season, there is a natural assumption that all the players and coaches are rubbish. Not surprising, but it’s unlikely to be true. Let’s see what NP tweaks.

41 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I suspect there's been some compromise on staffing, i.e Pearson can bring people in but he can't replace everybody, and a DoF, medical staff are more of a pressing issue than coaches.

Mark Ashton said a while ago that continuity is important so any new Head Coach would only be permitted to bring in one member of staff with him, this is how most of the bigger clubs operate now.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Football fans are fickle and after a bad season, there is a natural assumption that all the players and coaches are rubbish. Not surprising, but it’s unlikely to be true. Let’s see what NP tweaks.

Do not say tweaks with our hamstring issues. Nearly as bad as saying the opposite of The Scottish Play.

Nigel, 

Hat off to you - you are clearly not a man who choses the easy path.

A massive project awaits you along with a large cohort of fans who are keen to welcome you to the gate when the time comes.

Thanks for investing your time in our club, you clearly see something there....please give us a reason to be excited when we turn up at AG.....we need it after the past 18 months.

Nige Pearson's Cider Army!!!

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He might have no choice.

Let’s suppose there are only the funds to make 2 further appointments & he feels prioritising recruitment (Walsh) & medical (Rennie) makes the most sense?

Hardly a far fetched scenario, is it?

I agree Graham.

Plus the fact that they signed 3 year deals on probably considerable wages.

Are we still paying off LJ as well? I know DH was on a rolling contract, but all of these things cost.

I think their cards are probably marked in the medium to long term. But any other coaches currently employed, would need to leave; and then probably do some gardening leave again at their present clubs. It all takes time.

NP probably just wants to get going here and now; as he knows that we've got a hell of a lot to do in 3 months before the new season starts.

8 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

If it's something that Nige has had to compromise on I'd be disappointed. Still, happy with the news! COYR

I don't think it would be a compromise, let's face it he heald all the cards.

Hopefully he has said he is happy with what he has seen from them so far, if it's a 3 year contract and one of his jobs is to manage them out of the club and then he can bring in his own then that that wouldn't be a bad thing IMO. 

47 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Would love Chris Powell. A good mate is a Charlton fan and rates him highly. Likely he'll be out of Spurs in a few weeks when they appoint a new Manager. 

He's head of coaching for Spurs Academy I expect he'll just move back to that role following the appointment of a new manager. 

Now someone like Kevin Phillips who was striker coach for Pearson could be a potential person to being in. 

12 minutes ago, Leveller said:

So long as it not his hammy.

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Really hope NP gives him a new contract. We have missed AW massively IMO and he is the sort who would thrive under NP

Really surprised at how much we have missed this guy. Classic example of you don't know what you have until it's gone 

More of a captain then Kalas 

14 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I agree Graham.

Are we still paying off LJ as well? I know DH was on a rolling contract, but all of these things cost.

I think their cards are probably marked in the medium to long term. But any other coaches currently employed, would need to leave; and then probably do some gardening leave again at their present clubs. It all takes time.

NP probably just wants to get going here and now; as he knows that we've got a hell of a lot to do in 3 months before the new season starts.

So there contacts aren't up for a couple years yet then, we will be paying for LJ until this summer I think (but may have a clause for joing another club) and we will be paying for DH until February then? 

Sounds like a @Davefevs question to me ?

13 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I agree Graham.

I presumed LJ joining Sunderland meant that his compensation ceased & had been sorted?

Likewise with Holden, once he took a job at Stoke.

If the Chuckle Brothers are on 3 year deals then no way would we want to pay them off.

Archived