IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed as new City Manager on a 3 Year Deal

CyderInACan

43 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I guess that depends to a great extent on what your expectation of our position in the League would be at the end of season 2021/22 Ivan.

I'd expect a mid-table finish to be realistic. Hence the three years.

Nige or not, it's going to take a while to turn the big red ship around. Let's hope for favourable weather.

100% this. Pearson couldn't have made it any clearer that he needs 4-6 windows to get us into a play-off pushing side. There was no vagueness, it was a straight to the point "that's how long it will take me" so that's 2-3 seasons depending on how the recruitment goes. Presumably this is why he was ideally looking for a four year deal but is making do with three years. Why would you accept a one year rolling contract for a "project" (I hate the term tbh) that you know will take you at least three years to accomplish?

Steve Lansdown has appointed him (obviously official confirmation awaited) after those comments have been made. Nobody can claim that Pearson is pulling the wool over anybody's eyes. No false promises, no bullshit, he has given a timescale of clear progress that is so easily measurable it's untrue and if he either fails or is clearly on course to fail then he hangs himself by his own performance criteria. What can be fairer than that?

You will still get nutters on here, despite the comments he has made being crystal clear in terms of timescale and obviously being accepted by the Owner, wanting him sacked when we aren't top 6 by December................absolutely guarantee it.

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I hope Roy gets this one right ....

1657731400_Screenshot2021-04-28at19_41_57.png.9a865bcf628a3a9fc593266024c3dd20.png

This has to be true. A manager of Pearson’s standing wouldn’t be messed around.

He would have given SL his demands in terms of wages, staff and transfer plans. SL has to buy into this otherwise Pearson walks.

Maybe this is the summer SL actually goes shit or bust on the premier league.

2 hours ago, !james said:

"Just when I thought they were out, they pull them back in"...................Surprised and slightly disappointed to hear this, I guess i should trust Nige, but i was hoping we would bring in a top class defensive coach?

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

"Just when I thought they were out, they pull them back in"...................Surprised and slightly disappointed to hear this, I guess i should trust Nige, but i was hoping we would bring in a top class defensive coach?

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/28/nigel-pearson-agrees-three-year-contract-to-lead-bristol-city-rebuild?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true

Says Pearson flew to Guernsey? 

Maybe not as reliable as we thought?

6 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Pearson did fly to Guernsey, rather than SL come here 

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s predictable and boring I know but I’ll believe it when/if it’s on the OS. 

Who’s Roy DeAllen anyway?.............I’ve never heard of him.

Probably because he posts on Twitter and not the OS ?

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Haha, as if someone like Pearson would settle for 12 month rolling. Ridiculous.

Seems like a reasonable negotiation though. Both parties opening offers are in the extreme and they settle somewhere in the middle. 
SL would still be angling on the ‘covid finances’, suggesting that unknown budgets mean he can’t commit long term, NP would argue that he needs certainty to be able to implement his vision. Settle on 2+1. Everyone’s happy. 

19 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

This has to be true. A manager of Pearson’s standing wouldn’t be messed around.

He would have given SL his demands in terms of wages, staff and transfer plans. SL has to buy into this otherwise Pearson walks.

Maybe this is the summer SL actually goes shit or bust on the premier league.

Our FFP position actually feels fairly favourable to do so in 2021/22.

However if the "bust" part of that materialises and we stay down, it would definitely lead to problems, or restrictions, budgetary impositions a year or 2 down the line...but that's the gamble!

4 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Fair enough, everything I'd read...admittedly on here (!) Implied meeting was here.

That may have been my suppositions the week before. Jon flew in from Bermuda on 14th, and there was a Centreline flight from Guernsey to Bristol on the same day. So I supposed that it was SL and they were both coming in on the same day. 
Turns out SL hasn’t left Guernsey and Nige was summoned out there at the end of last week. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Twitter.......:cool2:....millions of people use twitter (not me) so what credentials does Roy DeAllen have or is he just some random bloke from down the pub?

He knows about as much of the rumour scene as you Robbo. ?

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

That may have been my suppositions the week before. Jon flew in from Bermuda on 14th, and there was a Centreline flight from Guernsey to Bristol on the same day. So I supposed that it was SL and they were both coming in on the same day. 
Turns out SL hasn’t left Guernsey and Nige was summoned out there at the end of last week. 

He knows about as much of the transfer scene as you Robbo. ?

That’s pretty much nothing then.............:dunno:

Really hope confirmed soon; great decision.

We are now about 100x more attractive to players we are looking to recruit than we were last summer.

It's definitely a big job, and NP has talked already about it taking 5 transfer windows or thereabouts to build a team for promotion, but I trust him. I think he's an inspiring character. Will definitely sort the wheat from the chaff if nothing else.

Where do I buy my City scarf with Nigel's face on it? #COYR

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Twitter.......:cool2:....millions of people use twitter (not me) so what credentials does Roy DeAllen have or is he just some random bloke from down the pub?

As you don't do Twitter, I'll explain.

Hundreds, if not thousand of unqualified chancers, spout endless amounts of bullshit claims, of insight and knowledge. Even the so called Journalists do it, just dressed up as rumours. Take all the claims, ignore 95% , or do as I do. Assume it's all fake and only believe the ones you want to be true.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

As you don't do Twitter, I'll explain.

Hundreds, if not thousand of unqualified chancers, spout endless amounts of bullshit claims, of insight and knowledge. Even the so called Journalists do it, just dressed up as rumours. Take all the claims, ignore 95% , or do as I do. Assume it's all fake and only believe the ones you want to be true.

Not necessary to explain.....I have a well established scepticism about Twitter and exactly why I don’t use it.

Its 95% bollocks imv,

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just looked on FB and Roy DeAllen is a bit of a weirdo - seems to think he’s an alien from outer space.........:disapointed2se:

Maybe he is ??‍♂️

In fairness to Roy, he used to post stuff that was so far from being likely, you almost believed it could be. It used to be quite funny.  But he’s started to tweet stuff that’s much more likely, and it’s not any fun any more.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe he is ??‍♂️

In fairness to Roy, he used to post stuff that was so far from being likely, you almost believed it could be. It used to be quite funny.  But he’s started to tweet stuff that’s much more likely, and it’s not any fun any more.

That's why I stopped following him.

Archived