IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed as new City Manager on a 3 Year Deal

CyderInACan

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

As you don't do Twitter, I'll explain.

Hundreds, if not thousand of unqualified chancers, spout endless amounts of bullshit claims, of insight and knowledge. Even the so called Journalists do it, just dressed up as rumours. Take all the claims, ignore 95% , or do as I do. Assume it's all fake and only believe the ones you want to be true.

So, basically are you confirming to @Roberred that he shouldn't believe anything until it's on the official site ? ?

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Twitter.......:cool2:....millions of people use twitter (not me) so what credentials does Roy DeAllen have or is he just some random bloke from down the pub?

Why are you asking his credentials? He could sleep with Steve Lansdown on a regular basis but by your own admittance, you wouldn’t believe a word he said until it was on the OS.

I’d avoid this thread until Tom changes it to “confirmed” in the title old bean.

4 hours ago, BCFC76 said:

Brilliant news! Get Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh to work with him. And hire Adriano Basso to become full time goalkeeper coach 

Wasn't basso in a tweet about renewing season tickets a few days ago. Subversive information?

17 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

So, basically are you confirming to @Roberred that he shouldn't believe anything until it's on the official site ? ?

In the case of Roy DeAlien I would doubt check even if he got it from the OS ?

47 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

As you don't do Twitter, I'll explain.

Hundreds, if not thousand of unqualified chancers, spout endless amounts of bullshit claims, of insight and knowledge. Even the so called Journalists do it, just dressed up as rumours. Take all the claims, ignore 95% , or do as I do. Assume it's all fake and only believe the ones you want to be true.

So it’s just like OTIB, but on a bigger scale?  :whistle:

37 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There was also one with Christian Roberts and one with Joe Bryan, so think not!!

Christian Roberts was posting on here a few days ago about a signed playoff shirt (supposedly). 

Joe Bryan could be coming back - perhaps he's a central figure in Pearsons plans :bonkers:

I can't see SL giving him a 3-year deal, what if the poor form continues into next season and we're bottom at the end of November, everyone on here will be asking him to sack NP and he'll have to pay him 3 years pay which would also mess up the club's FFP. I reckon he'll offer a rolling one-year contract, that would be a fair gamble and if NP is as good as he says he'll still be in the job in 3 years anyway.

5 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I can't see SL giving him a 3-year deal, what if the poor form continues into next season and we're bottom at the end of November, everyone on here will be asking him to sack NP and he'll have to pay him 3 years pay which would also mess up the club's FFP. I reckon he'll offer a rolling one-year contract, that would be a fair gamble and if NP is as good as he says he'll still be in the job in 3 years anyway.

Contract termination fees don’t have to be “pay up the remaining contract left”, can be all manner of things.  The LMA recently stated that there is no standard contract for a manager.  Terms could be zero pay off if sacked if in bottom three at Xmas for example.

7 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

That rolling one year works both ways though, doesn’t it.

If he revitalises our well publicised mess next season, we’d then be worried about him getting poached.

I would be happy for Pearson to make root and branch changes here. As for the two coaches, I think @Johnny Musicworks has it right, their best times have been with the young England age groups and it would make great sense to use them in our youth set up. 

We need some continuity, a new CEO, a new medical team and a new manager presumably with an assistant coach are enough changes for now.

10 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

regarding simpson and Downing, it could be NPs first choice has a contract they want to honour for a while  so better the devil he knows if they are ok.

chuffed to bits with the news, and relieved all my hopes of bits clicking into place came to fruitition. topped with hms PTL sinking,not a bad end to a shit season

Just a thought but maybe the players will respond better to them knowing that they have the new manager’s backing.

These are two football men who have bags of experience.

Someone posted previously that equally they could been reappointed as U23’s or academy coaches view their work with the England youngsters.

8 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Clubs usually have it written into contracts that they managers get a years severance pay or until they find a new job! For instance we stopped paying LJ the minute he signed for Sunderland! Other wise it could be very lucrative being a useless manager getting sacked all the time!

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Closely followed by “it’s Premier League, nor Premiership”

Very closely followed by FFS - especially this season!

One thing I havnt really seen mentioned about Pearson is the obvious pull he would have as a manager in this league. He’s easily one of the most high profile (if not best) Managers we’ve potentially had and players will be well aware of the success he’s had at this level. 

If it’s to believe that most business this window with be with OOC players, there will be more clubs battling for each player, and having Pearson on side will help us no end. 

Archived