IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed as new City Manager on a 3 Year Deal

CyderInACan

10 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Magnifique. A lot of hard work head, but if anyone can turn this ship around it’s Mr. Pearson. Onwards and upwards, rather be us than the other putrid lot.

He has his future in BS3

Great news - he is 100% the right man at the right time. For me this has the same feel as when we appointed Gary Johnson, he was the perfect fit for us back then and I believe Pearson is the same now. A very interesting summer ahead, looking forward too it ?

26 minutes ago, One Team said:

Absolutely delighted with this news, finally SL makes the right management appointment!

Can’t wait to see what he will do with his own team and players! 

Don't remember you throwing a wobbly when SL appointed Steve Coppell! 

Or was this just an excuse for a dig at the bloke who has invested massively? 

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Don't remember you throwing a wobbly when SL appointed Steve Coppell! 

Or was this just an excuse for a dig at the bloke who has invested massively? 

Hang on a minute, the bloke has invested massively and who isn't extremely grateful for that? But the last decision he made (and listening to both Teflon and his lad trying to explain it away I am convinced it was literally HIM that made it) was a complete shambles and the bloke is certainly not untouchable. On this particular decision he also has overwhelming backing from supporters compared to many of his appointments so if it goes wrong he cannot take the flack this time (he'll get it from some with short memories but that's what you have to live with as the Owner of a football club unfortunately).

Get the **** in!!!  Welcome Nigel......obviously has a plan (no XTC pun intended!) and sees the bigger picture getting to the PL. 'right people' is key comment in his statement, as much to the players as to the board.

Roll on season 2021/22.....feeling properly energised!

Now, to any wasters who are posing as "footballers" wearing the Bristol City shirt, Nigel Pearson is here to stay. 

If you want that to continue for yourself, buck up your ******* ideas and start proving your worth. Otherwise don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Just now, Taz said:

Now, to any wasters who are posing as "footballers" wearing the Bristol City shirt, Nigel Pearson is here to stay. 

If you want that to continue for yourself, buck up your ******* ideas and start proving your worth. Otherwise don't let the door hit you in the ass.

In a funny way the time it has taken to appoint him makes things even better because the wasters simply do not have the time to turn it around. Pearson has literally made his decisions on players.

We just appointed a bloke with a worse (football) record in Bristol than Joey Barton, and were over the moon???   Only joking. Welcome Nigel, time to get your hands dirty and sort this mess out.  COYR. The future starts here.

Just now, Sturny said:

You could say he is the most important part of the rebuilding process this summer. Going well so far 

Leaving three vital components left - recruitment, medical/conditioning and playing staff. I've never known a rebuild job like it at any club from my memory. We are literally giving NP a blank sheet of paper and saying build us a proper football club.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Leaving three vital components left - recruitment, medical/conditioning and playing staff. I've never known a rebuild job like it at any club from my memory. We are literally giving NP a blank sheet of paper and saying build us a proper football club.

I suppose we are, but if we're going to do it, then this is a good start.. 

Archived