IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed as new City Manager on a 3 Year Deal

CyderInACan

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Did you expect every appointment to be announced on the same day at the same time. Pearson has a game to think about on Saturday and I'm sure over the next week or three we will see further adjustments. We can't have everything right now, this second!!

Evidently.

Pleased to say that I was very impressed with that interview with our new manager. I feel confident that he has analysed where this season and group of players has gone wrong and understands and can argue for what is needed to put it right.

Now we all need to play our part, from SL downwards, in helping our club to get where we all want it to be. 

I've renewed my season ticket and can't wait to get back down the Gate supporting our team. ?

Great news as far as I’m concerned. Nige is only the second  manager to have a Championship promotion on his CV and that’s a qualification that posters wanted after LJ was sacked but after weeks we ended up with a managerial novice...............:dunno: appointed my MA and invisible Jon. Poor Deano didn’t last long and when SL got involved Nige was in post within 72hrs......a “try before you buy” for both parties which has finally meant that City have an experienced and proven manager at the helm.

I could not be more delighted at this appointment.

Hopefully this means Massengo will stick around and develop further with this club. Pearson seems to have got the best out of him and I thought he could've moved on in the summer if we appoint another manager who puts him down the pecking order.

32 minutes ago, Mr Yoda said:

Getting the "right people" is mentioned twice on the official site, Pearson and Jon both saying it in the very limited comments included in the article.

Exciting times ahead for sure, but what's/who's first? Walsh, Shakespeare, Rennie then players?

An Assistant Manager. Of Nige's choice. ASAP. There's a lot to do, just to get prepared for the start of next season.

2 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

The thing that does scare me, is, if its not ashton on the phone now to clubs and free agents, who will it be?

Well that's obviously the next problem. If we didn't have a manager then we could have someone on the phone to agents all day but the first question would be who's going to be the manager. 

Paraphrasing and summarising but this bit was interesting. "We're not going to sign lots and lots of players because we've got a lot of very good players who are not available...we will need to be creative...first and foremost we need to get the best out of what we've got."

Does this maybe suggest Paterson and Weimann staying as some of the "very good players who are not available"? He's possibly also thinking of Williams, Dasilva, maybe Martin and Pring in that statement.

Tremendous appointment. A proven, experienced manager who has won promotion. No more apprentices trying to learn their trade at our expense, no more will the tombola be used for selection meetings and the players will at last  have a clear understanding of what their role is in the team. It will take time but having someone to who knows what he is doing is a bloody joy. Welcome Nigel. 

17 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Andy Rolls gone to Ipswich it is then ?

Ha, JL nearly let that one slip!

Andy's gone to... He has another opportunity as well but I think it's something probably good for both parties in that sense. A fresh start and a look at that [the injury situation] is probably a good thing.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-press-conference-live-5356366

36 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Paraphrasing and summarising but this bit was interesting. "We're not going to sign lots and lots of players because we've got a lot of very good players who are not available...we will need to be creative...first and foremost we need to get the best out of what we've got."

Does this maybe suggest Paterson and Weimann staying as some of the "very good players who are not available"? He's possibly also thinking of Williams, Dasilva, maybe Martin and Pring in that statement.

We’ll be signing players but it’s more likely to be 6 than 12 of them. He really must sign a Captain type for me. That’s a huge issue.

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We’ll be signing players but it’s more likely to be 6 than 12 of them. He really must sign a Captain type for me. That’s a huge issue.

Yeah squad evolution not revolution

59 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Walsh and Weimann would be my guess if any injured players stay

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

But this it. I think he's preparing us for the fact that more than that are staying. Maybe not, but it's the feeling I get.

Would happily see Pato, Weimann and Walsh extending. Baker when he's on the pitch is decent but fitness record surely counts against him. 

3 hours ago, Sturny said:

I suppose we are, but if we're going to do it, then this is a good start.. 

the reassuring thing is NP knows what a good back room staff looks like and the importance of keeping players fit and on the pitch. He also needs characters and leaders on the pitch and that is what we have lacked this season

I am sure he knows exactly who he wants to bring in and has given this info to SL so it’s all about building the foundations to enable us to function as a competitive championship club challenging near the top 

The next 2-3 months could be quite interesting and will give us some idea as to what NP is planning to do with the footballing side of things 

Archived