IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed as new City Manager on a 3 Year Deal

CyderInACan

2 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

Evidently.

I don’t know if you’re serious or not but it can’t happen overnight. Listen to what the bloke says . Laying foundations this window. Do you honestly thing we’d lose possibly 14 players , replace them , new coaching staff & everyone hit the ground running ? Seriously ? 

I see it as getting the injured players fit , trimming the squad & adding a few quality players. Re shuffle of medical team & possibly coaching. 
It won’t click straight away it’ll take time. Why not watch the video 

2 hours ago, Mr Yoda said:

Getting the "right people" is mentioned twice on the official site, Pearson and Jon both saying it in the very limited comments included in the article.

Exciting times ahead for sure, but what's/who's first? Walsh, Shakespeare, Rennie then players?

Shakespeare is coaching at villa. Can’t see him coming 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

O'Dowda too. Pearson said in a previous interview that we have to concentrate on getting O'Dowda right for next season as he's a key player for us.

I'm not surprised Pearson rates many of our injured players. We have badly missed many of them for much of the season.

Couldn’t resist could you ???

35 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

But this it. I think he's preparing us for the fact that more than that are staying. Maybe not, but it's the feeling I get.

I think his comment more refers to Williams, Dasilva, Martin, O’Dowda etc as to limited recruitment as these are guys under contract who’ve been out injured so we don’t need to add masses of players, we need to get our players fit and then add the right players coming in. Pearson has said he wants to work with a smaller squad so we won’t be retaining a lot of our out of contact players and signing on up to 6/7

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I think his comment more refers to Williams, Dasilva, Martin, O’Dowda etc as to limited recruitment as these are guys under contract who’ve been out injured so we don’t need to add masses of players, we need to get our players fit and then add the right players coming in. Pearson has said he wants to work with a smaller squad so we won’t be retaining a lot of our out of contact players and signing on up to 6/7

Yes. Precisely. This is what I said I think he's saying. Not every fan is immediately on top of who's got what contract and I think he's consciously managing expectations. 

Top interview i thought. Typical very measured responses. He's seen through the players who don't want to be here, equally the players that are injured that he wants to retain. As well as those that are OOC but still playing.

The biggest positive i took from it is that he has seen through all the shit n confusion that LJ had installed and has subsequently left behind, effectively called him out as a 'bluffer'. The club has lost sight of what the game is about, for the players, the staff, the fans. The sooner Nigel addresses that and instils a winning mentality throughout the club, the better.

12 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

That was how i read it aswell - i personally can see  4 or 5 MAX incomings in the summer but with them being identified as ready to hit the ground running championship ready types who should improve the first team quality from day one so to speak. It wouldn’t surprise me if Pearson has already identified potential transfer targets..

From that interview i think the emphasis is going to be just as much focused on new additions as it will be to get back the key injured players fit and ready to start pre-season. It’s going to be an interesting summer for sure, we will certainly see a different type of player brought in by Pearson and his regime that is for certain. No more soft touches ‘nice humans’ or bollox about players with the correct ‘DNA’ !!

3 hours ago, phantom said:

These people are still currently working for other employers

No need for anything to be announced now until the season ends

Mark Ashton is still on contract here - yet we know he's off and where he's off to. 

We also know that Walsh's contract in the USA expires very soon. 

52 minutes ago, JamboBCFC said:

Would happily see Pato, Weimann and Walsh extending. Baker when he's on the pitch is decent but fitness record surely counts against him. 

How would Pato fit in to what Pearson wants. He wants players to stand up and be counted not become invisible when the game gets tough.

7 minutes ago, bris red said:

That was how i read it aswell - i personally can see  4 or 5 MAX incomings in the summer but with them being identified as ready to hit the ground running championship ready types who should improve the first team quality from day one so to speak. It wouldn’t surprise me if Pearson has already identified potential transfer targets..

From that interview i think the emphasis is going to be just as much focused on new additions as it will be to get back the key injured players fit and ready to start pre-season. It’s going to be an interesting summer for sure, we will certainly see a different type of player brought in by Pearson and his regime that is for certain. No more soft touches ‘nice humans’ or bollox about players with the correct ‘DNA’ !!

Yes I think about that number seems right. Just having our injured players back would feel like new signings. 

My take is that with Rolls gone, Nige will bring in someone he trusts quickly to assess the injuries, treatments given and get a prognosis he can really believe in. Once that is complete he can then work out the puzzle. A good example would be Walsh, surely he will be fit for pre season? A good head of medical would be able to judge this and advise accordingly. Of course it’s not an exact science, but he should have a pretty good idea of who should be fit for day 1 pre season. 

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Let me see... Downing is the defensive coach and we have let in 9 more goals from set pieces than any other side in the Championship. Simpson just tarnished with the brush that had us playing the worst brand of football since Pulis days.

Downing and Simpson were never given attacking or defensive roles specifically.

For info, Pat Mountain is responsible for defensive set-pieces.  Been mentioned lots of times on Robinstv.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Downing and Simpson were never given attacking or defensive roles specifically.

For info, Pat Mountain is responsible for defensive set-pieces.  Been mentioned lots of times on Robinstv.

Fair enough, essentially whoever is in charge of coaching defensive set-pieces needs to go, as we are awful.

5 hours ago, bcfcbulgaria said:

So refreshing to have a man at the helm of our club that’s clear, straight talking and no nonsense. After all the bull of MA and the platitudes of LJ and DH (much more so LJ) it’s a relief and an actual enjoyable listen.  Straight talking means we all know where we stand and more importantly the players and staff will also know. Now let’s hope it works - think it’s going to be a great couple of years coming up.  

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

O'Dowda too. Pearson said in a previous interview that we have to concentrate on getting O'Dowda right for next season as he's a key player for us.

I'm not surprised Pearson rates many of our injured players. We have badly missed many of them for much of the season.

Its funny i got slated by someone on here after the Wycombe game for suggesting similar. Think it was glos old boy or something.

Basically said if we had Weimann, Walsh, Williams and COD we would be in a much better place than we find ourselves in. He called it rubbish and many others agreed.

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

So refreshing to have a man at the helm of our club that’s clear, straight talking and no nonsense. After all the bull of MA and the platitudes of LJ and DH (much more so LJ) it’s a relief and an actual enjoyable listen.  Straight talking means we all know where we stand and more importantly the players and staff will also know. Now let’s hope it works - think it’s going to be a great couple of years coming up.  

Hopefully the end of 'going again', 'looking ourselves in the mirror', and 'puffing out our chests' etc etc.

1 hour ago, bris red said:

5 seems about the number I expect, too.

Been said by others but before we get to any decisions on the out of contract players, Dasilva, Williams, O’Dowda & Martin are all under contract for next season & getting those 4 fit & available significantly strengthens the squad.

Most people think he’ll extend Weimann’s contract so that’s 5 we haven’t had to pick from straight away.

5 or so signings plus them & potentially Walsh & Danny Simpson too alongside the core of Bentley, O’Leary, Vyner, Kalas, Bakinson, Nagy, HNM, Semenyo, Wells, Palmer & maybe Moore & Cundy & one or two of the U23s seems not far off.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think we need some players better at defending set pieces. We have someone like Massengo marking Sonny Bradley. It's ridiculous. And Bentley behind them who has been very shaky for some time with balls into the box.

Han Noah has his qualities but that has to be a contender for the mismatch of all time...............

I'm sure I read on here that the James Piercy article was the final nail in Nigel's coffin and that it was a great article making it clear he would not be signing and therefore looking elsewhere. I wonder what happened yesterday to change all that? Or were one or two of our self appointed "intelligent" posters trying to "gaslight" us?

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think we need some players better at defending set pieces. We have someone like Massengo marking Sonny Bradley. It's ridiculous. And Bentley behind them who has been very shaky for some time with balls into the box.

I think we need a dominant centre half or two to be honest. Kalas and Bentley alone can't save us as has shown.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Great news as far as I’m concerned. Nige is only the second  manager to have a Championship promotion on his CV and that’s a qualification that posters wanted after LJ was sacked but after weeks we ended up with a managerial novice...............:dunno: appointed my MA and invisible Jon. Poor Deano didn’t last long and when SL got involved Nige was in post within 72hrs......a “try before you buy” for both parties which has finally meant that City have an experienced and proven manager at the helm.

I could not be more delighted at this appointment.

Another typo, @Robbored!

Archived