IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed as new City Manager on a 3 Year Deal

CyderInACan

12 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Well considering I quoted from the podcast I'm not sure why you think you didn't get a mention - you only need to listen to the last 15 seconds. 

I’m surprised  ......I got a mention on OSIB..........even tho was Ian making a derogatory comment.

He doesn’t like his opinions being challenged 

Just now, Robbored said:

I’m surprised  ......I got a mention on OSIB..........even tho was Ian making a derogatory comment.

It was FBC, I don't think I've ever heard a reference to you on OSIB.

Not sure who anyone is on FBC, I'm not interested in the personalities and I find one guy on there to be particularly annoying which is why I stopped listening for a bit, I started listening again to the live show as a way of recalling the game and just instantly listening to others opinions which I miss from not going to the pub so I can't say who made the remark because I don't know who is who. 

14 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It was FBC, I don't think I've ever heard a reference to you on OSIB.

Not sure who anyone is on FBC, I'm not interested in the personalities and I find one guy on there to be particularly annoying which is why I stopped listening for a bit, I started listening again to the live show as a way of recalling the game and just instantly listening to others opinions which I miss from not going to the pub so I can't say who made the remark because I don't know who is who. 

I only know Ian. Never met the other guys.

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He doesn’t like his opinions being challenged 

Sounds familiar.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Not exactly slagged it off Dave. I said it was like blokes down the pub talking City.

Plus.......my views on formations and tactics are way too simplistic for a podcast.

I haven’t seen or heard Ian’s take on Nige.

Your tactical views are at Ian’s level then. ???

Ian’s views are primarily based on the knee-jerking at the result, nothing to do with tactics.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ian’s views are primarily based on the knee-jerking at the result, nothing to do with tactics.

The episode I listened to was over complicating those two elements, formations and tactics and I prefer to look at the line up, defenders, midfielders and forwards and usually it’s 4-4-2 shape which obviously changes throughout the game and why I chuckle when I see various formations posted on here.

Tactics also change during a match  - they have to depending on the state of the game but not many fans actually notice those changes.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

The episode I listened to was over complicating those two elements, formations and tactics and I prefer to look at the line up, defenders, midfielders and forwards and usually it’s 4-4-2 shape which obviously changes throughout the game and why I chuckle when I see various formations posted on here.

Tactics also change during a match  - they have to depending on the state of the game but not many fans actually notice those changes.

That's a bit weird - it's very rare for a team to play with a generic 4-4-2, so not sure why you'd "chuckle" at people not viewing it in such a reductive way.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

You are mistaking Ian putting players into a formation as being “tactics”.  It isn’t.  That’s him playing Football Manager....badly.

Have you noticed he usually hedges his bets before games by picking two different teams / formations....but there is no tactical element to it.

Don't let him fool you that he is talking tactics.  In fairness he makes some good points about certain things, but not about tactical systems.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thats the impression I get (and we're all guilty of that to a degree).

Its clear that NP has been experimenting with different ways of playing from 4 at the back to 3, from 2 up top to 1 etc. How anyone can get a clear steer on how Pearson will line the team up going forward based on the games he's had are beyond me.

Having said that, I would have liked to see some positive signs of progress and they've been few and far between.

Its difficult to judge him which is why I'm 50/50 about him and the future of the club.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:
4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's a bit weird - it's very rare for a team to play with a generic 4-4-2, so not sure why you'd "chuckle" at people not viewing it in such a reductive way.

4 defenders 4 midfielders and two forwards - looks like bog standard 4-4-2 at least on paper.

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Its clear that NP has been experimenting with different ways of playing from 4 at the back to 3, from 2 up top to 1 etc. How anyone can get a clear steer on how Pearson will line the team up going forward based on the games he's had are beyond me.

Having said that, I would have liked to see some positive signs of progress and they've been few and far between.

Its difficult to judge him which is why I'm 50/50 about him and the future of the club.

It is difficult to judge.....which is (for me) exactly why I’m watching with interest, and not getting too hung-up with what I’ve seen on the pitch.

I think he’d have liked to have come in, gone all “hard to beat”, scrape some 0-0s, build from there, but the defensive players aren’t here to do that, so he’s gone experimental.  Those couple of wins and draws secured safety a few games back (albeit not mathematically).

For the negativity re results, I don’t see too many praising NP for the surge in Han-Noah’s performances, the bit of man-management with Bakinson, who’s come back in and looked good again.  As a forum we are so knee-jerk on results.  I get that, and I’d have liked us to do better, but the positive for me, is that he’s seen us “warts n all”.  He’s not had to work out the bluffers, he’s got them to show their true colours, making his future decisions clearer.

He’s not had his own staff (Hughton bought in Reid and Trollope), the CEO has gone to Ipswich, he’s cleared out Rolls (surely that’s a good thing too).

There is lots of work going on, beyond the 90 minutes.

I will be judging him through the close season and next season....as this is the timeframe where he can really exert his influence and decisions.

The future of the club is 50/50, but I see that as being a binary option, a go forwards or go backwards....not that the percentages are 50/50.

Its been a long end to the season, I think as fans we are tired too.

But I can’t wait for the close season activities.

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

To me Nige has the opportunity to build a team pretty much  from scratch. He’s able to offload those OOC players, resign any he wants assuming they want to stay - it’s a new managers dream 

To me it’s encouraging that Nige has done it before - no reason he can’t do it again.

We all know that he inherited a poor bunch of players but despite that managed to keep us in the Championship.

Im optimistic that’ll he do a good job

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What's your point here exactly? Are you saying that regardless who we pick, the formation is usually a 4-4-2? Because that clearly isn't true.

I’m talking about the number of players in their positions

I repeat - if I saw 4 defenders, 4 midfielders  and two strikers on the team sheet I’d immediately thinks of a 4-4-2. 
Clearly they could line up in any formation but as I’ve said many times before formations are not that important as they change constantly during any game.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m talking about the number of players in their positions

I repeat - if I saw 4 defenders, 4 midfielders  and two strikers on the team sheet I’d immediately thinks of a 4-4-2. 
Clearly they could line up in any formation but as I’ve said many times before formations are not that important as they change constantly during any game.

That's a bit naïve because a standard 4-4-2 is pretty rare.

I think you try and belittle things you don't fully understand - ie the complexity of formations and the way news spreads before being confirmed.  

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's a bit naïve because a standard 4-4-2 is pretty rare.

I think you try and belittle things you don't fully understand - ie the complexity of formations and the way news spreads before being confirmed.  

You’re kinda missing my point PF...............:cool2:

On 02/05/2021 at 09:00, Olé said:

I think you're massively over-estimating podcasts

On that point, how many City podcasts are there now? I know of OSIB and obviously 3PIAP have done lots of City stuff recently too. Is that “official” one still going? Any more out there? 

22 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

On that point, how many City podcasts are there now? I know of OSIB and obviously 3PIAP have done lots of City stuff recently too. Is that “official” one still going? Any more out there? 

?

On 02/05/2021 at 10:16, Davefevs said:

Is this Ian Gay? Quite unbearable on every single platform I came across him on. 

11 hours ago, James54De said:

Is this Ian Gay? Quite unbearable on every single platform I came across him on. 

Yes.  Had a lovely twitter “spat” with him yesterday, where he tried to hijack the point if my tweet, and then went full circle, contradicting himself.

11 hours ago, James54De said:

Yes, a perfect example of what happens when you take yourself too seriously. Barely a subject he isn't a self appointed expert on. The reason Geoff phones him is that he can string a few sentences together and form an opinion that makes sense whether you agree with it or otherwise PLUS, most importantly of all, he answers the phone....................

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes.  Had a lovely twitter “spat” with him yesterday, where he tried to hijack the point if my tweet, and then went full circle, contradicting himself.

Think I may be blocked from his Twitter. He no longer appears every time I search anything city related. 

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I assumed you two were close buddies given you're on the podcast together 

1 minute ago, James54De said:

Think I may be blocked from his Twitter. He no longer appears every time I search anything city related. 

I think his self professed reputation is at risk.  Having wanted NP back in 2016 all the way through to March this year, results have been crap, so he’s now working on how he changes history in case it doesn’t work out ???

Archived