IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed as new City Manager on a 3 Year Deal

CyderInACan

1 minute ago, brad blit said:

One thing I havnt really seen mentioned about Pearson is the obvious pull he would have as a manager in this league. He’s easily one of the most high profile (if not best) Managers we’ve potentially had and players will be well aware of the success he’s had at this level. 

If it’s to believe that most business this window with be with OOC players, there will be more clubs battling for each player, and having Pearson on side will help us no end. 

...is a very good point, but we need someone to negotiate their contracts. Not really Pearson's job.

1 hour ago, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

Still nothing on the official site.

I am becoming disturbed...

If/when Nige is officially appointed there will almost certainly be a press conference, a fanfare of publicity with local press present ( I can’t imagine any national press being interested in Bristol City) 

It would probably get announced on TalkSport tho.

Just now, The Bard said:

The deadline for renewing and keeping one's seat is Tuesday at 12pm.

Given the Social Media boycott and the bank holiday weekend surely they'll want to get this announced today so the club can benefit from a ST renewals bounce???

As people have said, it's a social media blackout not a Club blackout. The news can easily be released on https://www.bcfc.co.uk or through 'News' channels.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If/when Nige is officially appointed there will almost certainly be a press conference, a fanfare of publicity with local press present ( I can’t imagine any national press being interested in Bristol City) 

I would probably get announced on TalkSport tho.

Wrong about national press. 'Up and coming sports city' and a high profile manager is something they'd be interested in. 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Contract termination fees don’t have to be “pay up the remaining contract left”, can be all manner of things.  The LMA recently stated that there is no standard contract for a manager.  Terms could be zero pay off if sacked if in bottom three at Xmas for example.

I remember the LMA stating on talksport that the average payout for a sacked manager is 3-6 months. 

I hope this is true. Yes results haven’t  been great but he’s definitely got the best out of the youngsters especially HNM, and we survived the drop which was probably his first task. Thankfully Lansdown has some patience now and I’m optimistic about the next couple of seasons. Just hope our fans give him time. 

Nigel Pearson’s Cider Army!

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I would probably get announced on TalkSport tho.

If you were going to be manager I doubt it would be announced anywhere mate.

14 hours ago, j1974 said:

We should trust Pearson’s judgement on this, he knows a lot more about the game than anyone on here 

I disagree some OTIB posters have limitless  knowledge and experience and it is rumoured a collective was being hastily arranged by SL to form the new management team.

Obviously came to nothing this time but one to keep an eye on.

15 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I suspect there's been some compromise on staffing, i.e Pearson can bring people in but he can't replace everybody, and a DoF, medical staff are more of a pressing issue than coaches.

Nige can't do it all himself. He needs some bods to put the cones out, so Simpson & Downing can do that.  

10 hours ago, Taz said:

To be fair, even a stopped clock is right twice a day :laughcont:

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That must surely be the most used phrase on here since the forum was launched - and it still isn’t funny! ???

9 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Closely followed by "I won't be renewing my season ticket...."

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Closely followed by “it’s Premier League, nor Premiership”

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Very closely followed by FFS - especially this season!

4 minutes ago, Richard Head said:

And all preceded by “I’ll drive him there myself”.

I’ll not believe any of these is the most used phrase until it’s on the OS. :) 

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

All the clubs are coming off of Social Media in protest against the racist and abusive posts of late.

It’s quite right that they should protest but why only four days? Surely for it to have a real impact then the protest should be much longer - minimum of a month for social media platforms to take note.

It looks like a token jesture to me.  

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

It’s quite right that they should protest but why only four days? Surely for it to have a real impact then the protest should be much longer - minimum of a month for social media platforms to take note.

It looks like a token jesture to me.  

I think it's meant to be a token gesture, for now. I think the long term still has to be addressed. The problem is that so many clubs and players have income streams from the different platforms.

If there is a press conference today I wonder who will front it other than Pearson himself - perhaps our outgoing CEO who is still working vigorously for the club or maybe the Chairman looking more relaxed than at Holden's unveiling when in his piece to camera he looked like a downed fighter pilot in Iraq reading a prepared note from his captors!!!

11 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

I wondering if there will be a press conference at all given it’s a new contract rather than a promotion from caretaker or a completely new appointment, surely it could then be covered in a prematch press conference 

They will need to get as much positive PR out as possible to boost season ticket sales now.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Who is Ben Fisher?  The name means nothing to me. Does he work at AG? 

He's a journalist RR. Works for the Guardian.

Here's some light reading for you on Mr. Fisher whilst you wait for your turn on the bowls green

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ben-fisher-110a5760

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/ben-fisher

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Much more creditable that wild speculation and tumour found on social media - but I’ll still wait for an official announcement on the OS.................:whistle:

Don’t know if ‘tumour’ was intentional or a typo, but it seems quite appropriate for a lot of Social Media posts ?

Archived