Jump to content

Unofficial City Merchandise


brad blit
 Share

Recommended Posts

Evening all! After some advice....

My partner has started a business selling personalised Stainless Steel Ice Cubes, which can be custom made with words or images.

I mentioned today about the great news of Pearson signing and she said about making a City related set based on this news. The sets are sold in 3 and the initial idea was to write 1) Nigel Pearson 2) Cider Army 3) BCFC - but I wasn’t sure if writing BCFC would incur copyright issues? 

Any help would be appreciated, or even suggestions as what to write 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt BCFC is copyrighted, because it could be Bath City, Birmingham City FC. I would query who'd buy ice cubes with Pearsons name on however? Nice idea but perhaps other City terms like "Always Believe" or "The Robins"? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Selred said:

I doubt BCFC is copyrighted, because it could be Bath City, Birmingham City FC. I would query who'd buy ice cubes with Pearsons name on however? Nice idea but perhaps other City terms like "Always Believe" or "The Robins"? 

Yeah cheers for that, I did think that might be the case.

Fans can choose what they have on the cubes anyway but thought I’d use yesterday’s great news as example. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/04/2021 at 19:12, brad blit said:

My partner has started a business selling personalised Stainless Steel Ice Cubes

I'm probably going to regret this but how does a stainless steel ice cube work?

In the meantime here are some product names for you:

Chilly Mercer

Snow Burnell

Gregory Goodfridge

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Olé said:

I'm probably going to regret this but how does a stainless steel ice cube work?

In the meantime here are some product names for you:

Chilly Mercer

Snow Burnell

Gregory Goodfridge

Same way a whiskey stone works I guess?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Olé said:

I'm probably going to regret this but how does a stainless steel ice cube work?

In the meantime here are some product names for you:

Chilly Mercer

Snow Burnell

Gregory Goodfridge

I raise you, Evander Sno......

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha I knew this would happen 🤣

Yes as someone said they are effectively whiskey stones (stainless steel cubes with non toxic gel inside that freezes) you add to drink. But we have lazer machine to engrave them and have numerous designs (set of 3) but wanted to City related ideas. Thought of -

ALWAYS.     BELIEVE.     BCFC/ROBINS

BCFC.    SHIRT/NUMBER (pic).   NAME

DRINK UP.    ME CIDER.       THE GATE

NIGEL.      PEARSONS.      CIDER ARMY

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Haha I knew this would happen 🤣

Yes as someone said they are effectively whiskey stones (stainless steel cubes with non toxic gel inside that freezes) you add to drink. But we have lazer machine to engrave them and have numerous designs (set of 3) but wanted to City related ideas. Thought of -

ALWAYS.     BELIEVE.     BCFC/ROBINS

BCFC.    SHIRT/NUMBER (pic).   NAME

DRINK UP.    ME CIDER.       THE GATE

NIGEL.      PEARSONS.      CIDER ARMY

Cider sounds god or how about I hate the gas. In OZ for many years a common thing instead of using ice cubes is use small moth pebbles. You stick the pebbles in the freezer over night and they are perfect the next day to keep your drinks cold and they do not dilute your drink like an ice cube.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Porto Red said:

Was just going to say the same, ZyderInAZan.

Indeed. Notwithstanding my username (which did initially start off spelt Cider...) I’m amazed how my people get Drink up thy Zider wrong. For a song we’ve been associated with for as long as I can remember it’s bonkers how often it’s incorrectly spelt. Anyway, that’s enough Adge Cutler-based pedantry for one morning, and what a beautiful morning it is here in BS3. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good point, not sure how I didn’t spot that obvious mistake 😄

DRINK UP.  THY ZIDER.    BCFC 

We we’re also thinking of local Bristolian sayings like - 

GERT.   LUSH.   LIKE

ALRIGHT.   ME.    BABBER.   

Any other suggestions?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Indeed. Notwithstanding my username (which did initially start off spelt Cider...) I’m amazed how my people get Drink up thy Zider wrong. For a song we’ve been associated with for as long as I can remember it’s bonkers how often it’s incorrectly spelt. Anyway, that’s enough Adge Cutler-based pedantry for one morning, and what a beautiful morning it is here in BS3. 

Quite. Always sounds exactly like thy cider, or even thy zyder, to me. Don't know how people can hear it as a "me". But as you say, enough exchanging pedantries, it's a beautiful morning here in rural Portugal too, and they sacks of manooer won't move they bloody selves. 

Edited by Porto Red
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Just a play on your username, chill out.

Ah I see now. Sorry, complete brain freeze on that one.

A good day for a cold one or three.

  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Olé said:

I'm probably going to regret this but how does a stainless steel ice cube work?

In the meantime here are some product names for you:

Chilly Mercer

Snow Burnell

Gregory Goodfridge

You missed Glen Humpfreeze

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Olé said:

I'm probably going to regret this but how does a stainless steel ice cube work?

In the meantime here are some product names for you:

Chilly Mercer

Snow Burnell

Gregory Goodfridge

Cold Skuse

Andy Cold

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...