IGNORED

Not City related but...who would you prefer to go down?

Mr Popodopolous

Who would you rather face the dreaded drop?  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On two levels really, both from a righteousness and a self-interest POV.

We know one of Derby and Sheffield Wednesday at worst will go down. At least one (preferably both).

From a self-interest POV they're big clubs who could theoretically rebound- Huddersfield and Rotherham or Wycombe would not. Hard to say which would be most likely to rebound, both have things in their favour and against.

From a general POV, they're fairly scuzzy clubs these days- is sleazy also a fair term or a bit much- but which one is grubbier, scuzzier- which one deserves the drop more? I'm leaning towards Derby but Sheffield Wednesday run them a close 2nd!!

(Although I thank them- when fit- for Martin and Weimann)...

Yes that's true (Sorry to Visiting Owl), halved for no good reason.

The fact they appear to have rolled their Stadium sale forwards as well, hmm I wonder...think it's overvalued too- them staying up could see them in a good financial position for a one season push- starting to lean towards Sheffield Wednesday.

I will also say on the Derby front, AnotherDerbyFan is a good contributor, as was DerbyFan before them. It's aimed at the ownership and the cognitive dissonance of certain sections of fanbases in part my post.

Derby but i disagree 'big clubs' will bounce back. In  fact it's the other way round as these bigger clubs have biggest debts and in any season post lockdowns, debts will be the biggest burden to any club. Rotherham and Wycombe will be better run with small debts so i think the least likely to bounce back are those measured with debt. Reading to go next season

Rotherham for certain as I've never seen us win in that godforsaken town, and they'll bounce straight back anyway as they have the knack. Between the Owls and the Rams I don't really care. Our recent record is a bit better at Derby but both are easy to get to by train and both have decent pubs. There would be some fun to be had in Rooney trying and failing to get Derby promoted from L1. 

After their ffp shenanigans it would be poetic justice for Derby to go down, which in turn would probably see them lose their prospective buyer, leaving Mel Morris  holding the financial baby he spawned.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

32Red and Rooney, barely ever mentioned these days- what a growing charge sheet!!

Agree @ExiledAjax sleazy seems quite fair.

It's not so much who is better as who is slightly less terrible, thinking about it.

This plus everything else Mel Morris has tried to do to worm his way to the prem. plus sacking keogh because he wasn’t a asset but Lawrence was. Yes 32 red just paying Rooney wages to help get round  ffp . Think they’ll stay up though 

On balance, I went for Derby.

Varied reasons, think their overall bad outweighs that of Sheffield Wednesday.

Rotherham are looking fairly doomed, though they played well at Barnsley, possibly unlucky with the red card in the game v Middlesbrough but the final nail likely the big run of games in terms of Covid. Were by all accounts compact at Brentford too.

Back to which fallen giant will drop, then yes Derby over Sheffield Wednesday. 

In the case of the latter, reading both forums etc their fans seem less arrogant too, remember all that "Mel has the EFL and or Gibson on strings" and such nonsense.

36 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

Their new name - Wayne Rooney’s League 1 Derby County - has a certain ring to it.

Whichever Ex-Prem League Star's Derby County.....

Purely for the fact they are in the county of Derbyshire but had city staus confirmed in 1977.....should be Derby City....or Derbyshire County.... NOT a mash of wrong terminologies.....pfft.

(Hic.....wheres the bottle opener?)

Unlikely but they could still both drop. Derby and Wednesday both lose their next game and draw on the final day, Rotherham win 2 of their last 3 would in this scenario be enough. 

Out of the 2 it's Derby for me. Wednesday have at least had some punishment for their shenanigans. 

Archived