IGNORED

Not City related but...who would you prefer to go down?

Mr Popodopolous

Who would you rather face the dreaded drop?  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Still very much leaning towards Derby if only one falls but a few of the Sheffield Wednesday fans still don't seem to get it...

image.thumb.png.d6eb346d4ff8e7f9aa06ab9e0ff87e41.png

Ha this one thinks they should have had the -6 last season- a -6 that shouldn't probably have been reduced in the first place or if reduced at most by a couple of points- this -6 could send them down, a fair deduction- ie 10-12 would have sent them down last year.

image.thumb.png.d67c79f05de3c34a5f4bf195500b3194.png

As for this guy...does he not think cheating should have consequences. The odds are that Sheffield Wednesday if they drop will drop by 6 points at worst- maybe less, in which case the EFL have done things to perfection!

image.thumb.png.189efff670fcb3a1d52345bf50b89a74.png

I actually have some sympathy with the post, in the sense that if Derby are docked points next season despite the EFL making the decision to Appeal in the first week of September...why the delay! I'm sure the EFL would love the Appeal to go in their favour irrespective of Sheffield Wednesday btw and a points deduction for Derby would be their goal.

Another who appears not to get it. "Unfairly deducted". Pfft. Only 6 points that was unfair really was the halving of the deduction.

image.png.e48e1f60738daa8cdf8d137f834f5a71.png

Otoh, legal fight- how so? EFL Regs clearly state the following⬇️

image.png.3b591b80e112bd2f92ad249663f5cdc8.png

Indeed, the method of Hearing was the final one for it. A League Arbitration Panel. ⬇️

image.png.778718b115e48e71e2565beba117a5ae.png

Seems pretty set in stone- and it clearly wasn't contrary to any of this, the -6 so what grounds for appeal...would such a challenge outside of the system not run contrary to Rule 95 above. ⬆️⬇️

image.png.c865981f086b11989d8e39e8e875fbb8.png

Very, very narrow grounds basically.

Derby still the worse of the two but both going down would be justice done indeed.

On 29/04/2021 at 19:22, Mr Popodopolous said:

On two levels really, both from a righteousness and a self-interest POV.

We know one of Derby and Sheffield Wednesday at worst will go down. At least one (preferably both).

From a self-interest POV they're big clubs who could theoretically rebound- Huddersfield and Rotherham or Wycombe would not. Hard to say which would be most likely to rebound, both have things in their favour and against.

From a general POV, they're fairly scuzzy clubs these days- is sleazy also a fair term or a bit much- but which one is grubbier, scuzzier- which one deserves the drop more? I'm leaning towards Derby but Sheffield Wednesday run them a close 2nd!!

(Although I thank them- when fit- for Martin and Weimann)...

Should have had BOTH with Rotherham surviving as a vote option. That would be my clear choice.

Both great away days and both decent fans compared to most of this league so not ideal to chose from either but I went with Derby because I always feel there's a hint of arrogance lurking under the surface that Owls fans have long since been free of, and also because of those digital displays facing the crowd at Pride Park that read out the words of chants to their fans along with that annoying drummer kid to our left.

On 29/04/2021 at 23:49, HappyClapper said:

I’m still hoping that Rotherham can pull it off and they both go down.

That would be great if that could happen.

Paul Warne always seems to talk well.

Wednesday started the season on minus points, and how Derby have avoided similar punishment is a joke IMHO.

5 hours ago, Brentford Fan said:

That would be great if that could happen.

Paul Warne always seems to talk well.

Wednesday started the season on minus points, and how Derby have avoided similar punishment is a joke IMHO.

So far is the key bit on Derby. EFL Appeal verdict vs Amortisation still not in the public domain. 

The cases did differ. However irrespective of deduction yes both going down- perhaps sending/taking each other down on the final day in desperation to stay up, this would be brilliant.

3 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yeh that chairman morris dodgy dealing  hope they go down .

Ha Mel Morris, much to be said about him.

In addition to alleged dodgy dealing, he also strikes me as the East Midlands football answer to Trump. See his comments in the EFL v Derby County Written Reasons. Chansiri however strikes me as a pillock...

Mel Morris: 'Axe to grind, personal against me and Derby' and most ludicrously 'Enemy of The EFL State'. Some other woe is me nonsense.

Alao worth reading their statement in Jan 2020 when charged. Some truth but also felt misleading and one sided, assume he had his input there. 

Derby fans have a thread on their forum called' Who Hates us! 'or something. I'd say not terribly liked by our fanbase and probably replicated across a fair few others!!

After Rooney did that piece on BBC to the fans saying "Don't worry, we're too good to go down etc"; and then promptly losing the next 6, it has to be Derby.

Another overrated ex-pro, who is all about the name. Fair play to Rotherham, and Wycombe taking it to the last game of the season; and showing some fight. I wish we could have seen some of that from our lot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56748427

On 02/05/2021 at 08:54, Olé said:

Both great away days and both decent fans compared to most of this league so not ideal to chose from either but I went with Derby because I always feel there's a hint of arrogance lurking under the surface that Owls fans have long since been free of, and also because of those digital displays facing the crowd at Pride Park that read out the words of chants to their fans along with that annoying drummer kid to our left.

Put perfectly Ole.

And my inclination to want to see Rotherham stay up and both money fiddling big bollox clubs go down, is slightly tempered by the fact that Rotherham is a f###g horrible away trip! 

Archived