IGNORED

Brutal and honest from the Chairman

Jerseybean

24 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Definite conflict of interest.

For me its not a matter of trust, its a matter of business sense.

He is off to a competitor, in the same position as be held/holds with us and therefore I am astounded that he is not on Garden Leave.

In almost every other walk of life, he would be on Garden Leave with a caveat that he is available to answer business critical queries as and when they occur, in line with his contractual obligations.

The fact that he is not on Garden Leave suggests his remit has become so all encompassing during his tenure that he holds ultimate say and knowledge over most if not all facets of the club, and we have no choice but to keep him on day-to-day, even if it is in a diluted capacity.

My curiosity also extends to how and when he managed to apply and commit himself to what I assume was a prolonged and thorough sounding out/consultation/recruitment process with Ipswich Town/their investors whilst maintaining his responsibility to Bristol City Football Club.

I am sure that there is a sensible and viable explanation for all of the above.

Incredible.

I'm not disputing there is a conflict of issue, just pointing out the JL said you put people on gardening leave if there is "no trust", not if there is a conflict of interest.

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I don't believe for one second that Dean Holden would have got the job last summer if Jon had been left to his own devices to make the decision. Just look at his interview "explaining" the decision. He looks shell shocked.

I've heard people blaming a small number of posters on here for abusing JL (he shouldn't be reading the shit that gets posted on here) and that has led to his lack of interest. I don't believe that for a second and would suspect that it is more likely to be the fact he is pissed of being Chairman of a Company he has a very limited say in particularly when his old man is looking for other investors to come in and want their say too. I know that type of Chairman role wouldn't interest me much, that's for sure. You look at that interview yesterday and it would seem that a bit of passion has been rekindled in Lansdown Jnr.

To be fair to SL I think the plan was for Jon to take over at some stage, but now he's said he doesn't want to do it hence the need to get someone else involved as I suspect SL would like to take a back seat soon. 

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a little off that MA is still here/working, but you said "One thing I didn’t understand was him saying that MA going on gardening leave didn’t matter as there wasn’t a conflict of interest" but he didn't so seems an odd thing to not understand.

As I said I switched the term trust for conflict of interest which I think is the same . Slightly pedantic ? ?

i like jl and i think its now time to get behind him and everyone else, the first time for years i feel excited about the future. Its time to forget the past years and rock and roll with the future.to be fair i think the club has taken on board what the fans think with some of the decisions made,the dead wood will be clear out and the new trees will be planted.im hoping we are in for a exciting summer.

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Quite a few league chairman do not live in the UK. That isn't unusual.

What is needed seeing as ours is clearly going to spend extended periods of the season away from the UK is more - and better qualified - directors. 

...............rather than one CEO saying "the following is my plan so this is what we're doing:

i) bring in my mates

ii) if that doesn't work bring in some more mates

iii) if that doesn't work piss off to some other club with my mates"

12 hours ago, grifty said:

That's not what he said at all though. He said you put people on gardening leave if there is no trust, but that isn't the case here i.e. JL and SL trust MA to be professional in his last month to keep things ticking over. He won't be doing whatever he wants and I imagine he'll be operating on more of a consultation position so if we need to ask him something, he's there to answer.

If that is the case I hope some-one asks the **** about if his dealings leading up to his Ipswich appointment announcement was done in his own time or Citys. We already know how the answer would start "Let me be very clear..................blah blah blah".

Good riddance !!!

Archived