IGNORED

Kalas Press Conference / Gregor

pl00peh91

I watched the 27 minute Kalas pre-Millwall press conference today and was taken aback by Gregor unnecessarily referring to Kalas losing to England at Wembley and scoring and own goal as part of his question as to whether he was excited about representing the Czech Republic and the Euros. It felt like an unduly negative and disrespectful way of asking what should have been a straight forward question on a positive topic. Kalas called him out for it for being irrelevant and Gregor was forced to apologise after but it made me wonder what goes through his head when he asks questions sometimes!

17 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

I watched the 27 minute Kalas pre-Millwall press conference today and was taken aback by Gregor unnecessarily referring to Kalas losing to England at Wembley and scoring and own goal as part of his question as to whether he was excited about representing the Czech Republic and the Euros. It felt like an unduly negative and disrespectful way of asking what should have been a straight forward question on a positive topic. Kalas called him out for it for being irrelevant and Gregor was forced to apologise after but it made me wonder what goes through his head when he asks questions sometimes!

Fresh air?

Only came for a look on OTIB to see if anyone else noticed this.

Had just watched it and thought it was cringeworthy and incredibly rude. I like Gregor and think he's one of the best local journalists we've had in a while but he was just being cocky today. I thought it was brave telling him a few moments earlier that fans on social media have been saying he's been poor - he got away with that one and Kalas dealt with it through gritted teeth very honestly. But the own goal comment was just taking the piss.

As others have noted, I think he was on a high having snared Jon Lansdown with lots of direct questions, I was also thinking how brave/rude of him to ask the totally unnecessary Bermuda question - Jon Lansdown handled it all diplomatically and so he winds up trying out his provocative act with Kalas. Crossed the line, I think.

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

Only came for a look on OTIB to see if anyone else noticed this.

Had just watched it and thought it was cringeworthy and incredibly rude. I like Gregor and think he's one of the best local journalists we've had in a while but he was just being cocky today. I thought it was brave telling him a few moments earlier that fans on social media have been saying he's been poor - he got away with that one and Kalas dealt with it through gritted teeth very honestly. But the own goal comment was just taking the piss.

As others have noted, I think he was on a high having snared Jon Lansdown with lots of direct questions, I was also thinking how brave/rude of him to ask the totally unnecessary Bermuda question - Jon Lansdown handled it all diplomatically and so he winds up trying out his provocative act with Kalas. Crossed the line, I think.

What was unnecessary about the Bermuda question? Fans had criticised JL for it and Gregor was just asking what JL thought about that. Entirely reasonable I thought. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What was unnecessary about the Bermuda question? Fans had criticised JL for it and Gregor was just asking what JL thought about that. Entirely reasonable I thought. 

Nothing really, but in the context of a good news story it was very provocative - for me the Bermuda thing has always been a bit of a non-story, he's chairman, he's not supposed to sit in an office (or the stadium) and many don't and never have done going back years and years.

Anyhow I only referenced it as it highlighted that Gregor has been on one today asking ballsy questions, but he got it badly wrong with the remark to Kalas in my view.

55 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yeah i watched it, seemed a bit unnecessary, but like with asking jon about being out of the country, no one else has the balls to say it

Yeh but Jon answered it perfectly - he confirmed he wasn’t considered part of the ‘Bristol City bubble’ during the pandemic so he had to watch all our games on tv and he wasn’t allowed in the stadium - so it didn’t matter at all where he was located ...

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh but Jon answered it perfectly - he confirmed he wasn’t considered part of the ‘Bristol City bubble’ during the pandemic so he had to watch all our games on tv and he wasn’t allowed in the stadium - so it didn’t matter at all where he was located ...

He has got a lot of stick over the past few years, but actually I thought Jon spoke pretty well in that press conference - light and day compared to the Holden one!!

Perhaps some of the criticism has been taken on board, perhaps some of it is media training, and/or maybe it's just a maturity, but dealt with the questions pretty well.

Credit where it's due.

3 hours ago, Taz said:

He has got a lot of stick over the past few years, but actually I thought Jon spoke pretty well in that press conference - light and day compared to the Holden one!!

Perhaps some of the criticism has been taken on board, perhaps some of it is media training, and/or maybe it's just a maturity, but dealt with the questions pretty well.

Credit where it's due.

Perhaps a little bit more belief in what he was saying, as well.

Archived