IGNORED

Out of contract releases

I would be all in favour of releasing early as long as we have enough for a team. Sends a strong signal although probably involves a mountain of paperwork that MA isn’t really interested in anymore.

Edited by Cardy

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

All contracts formally expire on 30th June if no agreement is reached by then,

Seeing as pre season is about a week later, I’d imagine we’ll hear a lot sooner. 2-3 weeks after the season is usually about right.

I'd personally do it 2 minutes after the final whistle.

"....and you bunch of 4/5/6 wasters, clear your lockers, **** off and don't bother coming 'round here anymore".

Why wait.

• Like 5

Most players who are going to be released, if they have common sense, will know in advance of the end of contract. Most supporters could make a good guess as well, though there are always surprises 

It will be after the season ends, probably on the Wednesday.

Pretty sure one or two already know they are being let go & if they aren’t fit at present that makes a lot of sense.

Would expect Pearson has made his mind up on everyone by now, only complication is that with so many injured, a couple of those on their way could still be on the bench (or even starting) in the next two.

56 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I would be all in favour of releasing early as long as we have enough for a team. Sends a strong signal although probably involves a mountain of paperwork that MA isn’t really interested in anymore.

I'd release the lot today then and let him work out his notice..............he's trousered £0.5m a year out of us so wouldn't hurt!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coolrunnings said:

Does it only happen when contract has expired or can it be announced any time.

Would love an early announcement to set the tone of where we’re going.

Warnock told Assombalonga and Fletcher to bog off last week. Don't turn up for training, just find yourselves a new club.

• Like 2

They’re under contract, you can’t force them to leave. I’m sure some will stay for the free training & free food, others would happily have a prolonged holiday though. Bit awkward if you tell them to do one and they say actually I want to stay till the end of my contract.

Edited by Banned User

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the big deal here is the message that an early release could send - not to the players, but to the fans. I think it’d be unfair to throw players like Pato, Watkins, Baker under the bus who, like or hate them, have been injured and I don’t think a release would be down to lack of commitment to the club.

But Fam, in particular.

What a great message it would send if later on today, NP said along the lines of:

”Famara won’t be involved for the rest of the season. It’s not an injury situation, it’s a commitment to the club situation. He hasn’t looked to sign a new contract with us and although I had to use him when we were going through negotiations, it’s clear that those won’t go anywhere. I’m sure Famara won’t want to pick up an injury in a game for a club he’s not committed to, and I don’t want him taking minutes away from Tommy Conway who could benefit us in the future. With that in mind, I’ve asked Famara to stay away from the club with immediate effect, for the benefit of all parties”

I think decisions have already been made as was told Watkins was politely asked by NP to get in touch with his agent & find another club!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I think decisions have already been made as was told Watkins was politely asked by NP to get in touch with his agent & find another club!!

Interesting. Does this mean those currently in the squad - Hunt, Rowe, Baker and Lansbury are staying, or we are offering them new deals. Hope not!

As much as I would love to release certain cretins early from a contract, from the outside looking in it wouldn’t look that professional. Although I appreciate the irony as many of players have lacked professionalism of late on the pitch. I think we will wait until after the last game and then look to see a large turnover of players, and release wages from the budget for players who give a damn.

exciting times to see new blood in the team & if they don’t shape up NP could spill some old blood 🤪

I’m sure Nige has been at City long enough to know which OOC players he’d like to keep but it wouldn’t surprise me if he let them all leave.

By doing that he frees up funds to recruit new signings with a bit more wriggle room on wages.