IGNORED

Match day thread Millwall Away

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Judge him on his team, not this sack of shit. He’s been given a 3 yr deal to completely rearrange the football set up. Not get this lot playing any standard of football this season. Can’t blame Pearson for Hunt coming inside and leaving a man free, Mariappa selling Kalas short, Kalas struggling to know what to do with the ball at his feet, and nobody being able to deal with a ball bouncing around the 6 yd box.

You certainly can blame him for those things. That's what a coach is there for!

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

In the Johnson/Ashton years league positions were deceptive. We're playing Millwall today. They look a class above. How has that been allowed to happen?

We got suckered in by success in the table, and ignored the underlying performances. Its a classic human fault and I've been going on for years now about our shite xG, poor number of shots, and how we've been finishing higher than we deserve and getting lucky results. Then you get a win like the 2-1 against Huddersfield or the 2-1 away to Forest in this season. We never should have won those games but all you hear is "the only stat that matters is the scoreline". Well look at the chuffing scoreline today.

It goes back to when Jamie McAllister literally said, in a press conference when asked about the low number of shots we took, that "shots on target don't matter". Are you f'ing kidding me? That was the attitude of the LJ/DH regime. So long as we won or stayed up in the top ten we kept going as we were. 

There was no analysis - we were winning so why change things? Complete failure to acknowledge that Lady Luck was favouring us. Because to acknowledge that was to acknowledge that LJ/DH were not footballing geniuses.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I'm really struggling to justify the faith in the management at the moment. 

We're deffo worse, which seemed impossible before. 

Just yuck

It was always going this way mate.

This has everything to do with how the club have recruited and managed off of the field for the last 24 months.

This was always coming.

I never expected Pearson or anyone to turn the shop around this season, just make sure we stayed up.

I don’t know how the future pans out, but I wouldn’t judge any manager to far, given the parameters they’ve had to work.

If a rebuild starts and it’s still utter crap 15/20 games in, then absolutely ask questions.

But this mess has been caused by Lansdown, Ashton and Johnson.

• Like 8
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, westonred said:

There's too many players out there that don't give a fek they wont be here next season so arn't too bothered :(

I was just going to post the same, they know they're probably off so are just going through the motions.

It's bloody crap regardless.

• Like 1

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

We got suckered in by success in the table, and ignored the underlying performances. Its a classic human fault and I've been going on for years now about our shite xG, poor number of shots, and how we've been finishing higher than we deserve and getting lucky results. Then you get a win like the 2-1 against Huddersfield or the 2-1 away to Forest in this season. We never should have won those games but all you hear is "the only stat that matters is the scoreline". Well look at the chuffing scoreline today.

It goes back to when Jamie McAllister literally said, in a press conference when asked about the low number of shots we took, that "shots on target don't matter". Are you f'ing kidding me? That was the attitude of the LJ/DH regime. So long as we won or stayed up in the top ten we kept going as we were. 

There was no analysis - we were winning so why change things? Complete failure to acknowledge that Lady Luck was favouring us. Because to acknowledge that was to acknowledge that LJ/DH were not footballing geniuses.

It’s more simple than that.

I’m sorry but competing in the top 3 up until January every year, then seemingly capitulating to a far lower position isn’t progress, or good or anything to be proud of. It’s failure, pure and simple. 

I wouldn’t follow or trust anyone who tries to convince you otherwise. They are not winners, they are bottlers.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

It was always going this way mate.

This has everything to do with how the club have recruited and managed off of the field for the last 24 months.

This was always coming.

I never expected Pearson or anyone to turn the shop around this season, just make sure we stayed up.

I don’t know how the future pans out, but I wouldn’t judge any manager to far, given the parameters they’ve had to work.

If a rebuild starts and it’s still utter crap 15/20 games in, then absolutely ask questions.

But this mess has been caused by Lansdown, Ashton and Johnson.

This, you can't undo years of poor decision making, as one bloke in a matter of a couple months. If we are getting battered by Millwall this time next year then yes, time to worry and appraise NP in a more robust manner, but right now any substantive criticism seems a little premature.

• Like 2

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

You certainly can blame him for those things. That's what a coach is there for!

Nope, the coach can’t control what happens when the players walk on the pitch. I don’t think for one minute they spend an hour in training working on under-hit hospital passes, although given the number of 6yd box pinball goals we’ve conceded you’d have thought they’d work on that, although I suspect the problem is that we’ve got no one at the back prepared to properly stick a foot in and get hurt for the cause.

The only saving grace this season is we are not getting relegated. By Christ we have looked a relegated side for most of the season.

Needs a lot to change for us to turn that around now. Can only hope it does.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I must say Millwall do look quality and we do look awful. But I think Nige tactically hasn't shown much yet that impresses me

80 minutes in we've had 2 shots and zero corners. We are way under-strength because of injuries, demotivated because of that ******* **** Teflon opening his big gob and the players left are not up to the job. There isn't anything you can tactically tweak to sort that out. It just needs the season to end, decisions to be made and a total re-start next season. Bellyaching about Pearson right now is a pointless and futile exercise.

• Like 6

Just now, Garland-sweden said:

Dont watch the game No more. How NP should get a football team next season that could remain in this division i difficault to see. We can not do the fundamental things on a pitch. Really worrying.

Hopefully, with a number of players back from injury, e.g. Walsh, Williams, and some of dead wood ditched we can approach next season looking like we know what we are doing on the pitch.

Just now, cityexile said:

The only saving grace this season is we are not getting relegated. By Christ we have looked a relegated side for most of the season.

Needs a lot to change for us to turn that around now. Can only hope it does.

Yep Rotherham fans must look at us and be massively pissed off. 

Time for a clean sweep. If anyone puts in a bid for Bentley then sell him. Make some money. Max o Leary is more than capable

Those under contract that have proven to let this club down over the season should be sold on. i include Wells, Palmer and Kalas in that.

There is not one player from the experienced collective that i'd be disappointed to leave.

we need one big massive clear out and start again

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I must say Millwall do look quality and we do look awful. But I think Nige tactically hasn't shown much yet that impresses me

He said the other day that tactics are over rated, or some such dismissive remark. He implied if you have a team that has the right mentality, playing to their full potential, tactics don't matter. 

Not sure I agree with him on that, tbh. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

This, you can't undo years of poor decision making, as one bloke in a matter of a couple months. If we are getting battered by Millwall this time next year then yes, time to worry and appraise NP in a more robust manner, but right now any substantive criticism seems a little premature.

People have totally lost their shit over a meaningless game where a sub-standard team that we all ******* KNOW to be sub-standard is getting battered. It defies logic and belief tbh and is certainly devoid of rational and sensible thinking.

• Like 2

Dear BCFC media team, please don’t be using social media or e-mails to flog Robins TV for next Sat unless the club is giving it away for free. I don’t want to see any of these gibbons kissing the badge or pumping arms the air, when half of the ******* don’t turn up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

It’s more simple than that.

I’m sorry but competing in the top 3 up until January every year, then seemingly capitulating to a far lower position isn’t progress, or good or anything to be proud of. It’s failure, pure and simple. 

I wouldn’t follow or trust anyone who tries to convince you otherwise. They are not winners, they are bottlers.

True, and again on a more micro-scale, those drops in form where not entirely unexpected if you looked at underlying numbers. Not once in the past few seasons have I thought we would finsih in the top 6, even when we briefly topped the league. The basic numbers weren't there. Those drops in form demonstrate the Club/Management's failure to recognise that even when succeeding you need to be analysing and genuinely trying to improve.