IGNORED

Match day thread Millwall Away

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I do think without a Williams type or Korey type in there, the added centre back can help. As 442 without one of those types in there can make us a bit vulnerable.

It's not really a Pearson type of system. But it would be quite funny if next season he goes with what it looked like Holden would have done had he had a fully fit squad.

Not sure Holden would see the funny side!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Hunt better at RWB, than RB in a four, but if we want to progress then surely the likes of Hunt & Rowe have to be replaced by better options. Both OOC, let them go I'd say.

Yeah I would let go. Problem would be though that we need 2 of them. Unless Vyner can do that role well

Didn't catch their names but NP saying on RB 3 players out with minor knee injuries, not worth risking at this stage, should be available again next week.

Assume Bakinson & Vyner would be 2 of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I can’t  really understand why people are making assumptions on who’ll be here next season based on today’s team sheet. It’s the players have available now. No relevance to next season

I know what you’re saying but with the season over he could have played more youngsters today & left a few of those out of contract out.

We’ll find out soon enough but I’m really surprised by a couple of these selections.

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'll be more impressed if he finishes the game.

Ill be more than impressed if he finishes the first half!

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I wonder how long Baker will last? I’ll be surprised if plays the full game.

75% chance.

Baker's started just over 80 games for City in the last 4 seasons - so missed over 100 - and come off early in 20 of those apparently.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

For me Vyner is no more than an OK option at CB, or DM, so perhaps he could focus on being a RB.

Yes and as a wing back it might work well. I think he could be a great crosser of the ball. I know we haven't really seen it yet, but for Rotherham on loan he was whipping in some fantastic crosses at times.

He's probably an ideal versatile squad option. If we can be much better overall next season, then Zak maybe can come into the side to cover in various roles, but doing so in a much better team. I think generally he won't let his teammates down and does have a lot of quality too imo. 

Hopefully still going to improve. First full season in champ. Experience and hopefully filling out a bit more too, as to me he looks so skinny still for someone who's position is supposed to be centre back 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Didn't catch their names but NP saying on RB 3 players out with minor knee injuries, not worth risking at this stage, should be available again next week.

Assume Bakinson & Vyner would be 2 of them.

Ah the old knee injury. The new hamstring! 😂

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I know what you’re saying but with the season over he could have played more youngsters today & left a few of those out of contract out.

We’ll find out soon enough but I’m really surprised by a couple of these selections.

I can’t see the point in chucking 5 or 6 kids in away at Millwall that will try to bully the best of sides. We don’t have any leaders as it is. If they get smashed about & we get a hiding it won’t do them as players any good. He’s a pro and still wants to win every game. Of all the academy kids that’s played this season I’ll be surprised if any of them bar one or two that aren’t out on loan next season. It’s one thing to dip them in out for a few games but it’s completely different for 17/18 year olds to deal with a full season in the championship

• Like 2

Nige may as well pick this team from out of a hat, it matters not a jot what it is.

Thankfully the majority of this bang average squad will not feature come August.

I cannot conjure up any enthusiasm or excitement until then.

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

75% chance.

Baker's started just over 80 games for City in the last 4 seasons - so missed over 100 - and come off early in 20 of those apparently.

He was dropped a lot too. Only really been unavailable for a long spell in games this season. Usually when he goes off in the first half or half time he is then selected to start the next game.

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Rowe staying?

I’d not assume that from him being picked but it would not shock me. He must be on a relatively low wage, he covers a lot of positions and, given Dasilva has had two long term injuries in the seasons, we’d be taking a risk going into next season with two left backs. Having Rowe as an inexpensive back up to Dasilva and one other - maybe Pring - might be prudent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He was dropped a lot too. Only really been unavailable for a long spell in games this season. Usually when he goes off in the first half or half time he is then selected to start the next game.

Dropped or carrying niggles?

Obviously had a spell out when Kalas and Webster were first choice....but I don't think he's been "dropped" per se very often.

• Like 1