IGNORED

Baker

daored

Interesting to see him in the side today considering two games to go and out of contract at end of season. Anybody think we’ll offer him a new contract? On his day a top , top quality centre back in this league, unfortunately can’t be relied on because he picks up injuries on a regular basis. Clearly he’d have to accept a wage cut , but how much would it cost to replace him ?

Time to move him on for me. Too injury prone for the wages he commands. I can’t see him wanting to take a huge pay cut and even if he did I do not think that we will want to risk it. 

I do hope he can still have a positive end to his career and avoid injury in the future. 

You have to weigh up the market. IMO we need a new CB anyway. So to bring in a new CB and then have to also replace Baker would be a big ask financially. 

If he is willing to take a paycut, I would offer him a new deal to act as competition/Back-up to Kalas + new recruit. 

When fit, he is a great defender. 

4 hours ago, nickolas said:

I’d sign him up but prob have to be 50% wage cut. Hes not as injured as everyone makes out but its hardly surprising as he dives at everything!

This years injury doesnt count as weve had a shocker with the whole club this year!

It’s true, his availability is actually better than most. I’d rather someone who has to come off early very occasionally than half our lot who don’t even get close enough to put a tackle in

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If those stories circling of Baker and Kalas falling out recently weren’t true, you could be forgiven for thinking they were after today.

Spot on.

They barely acknowledged each other, I have no idea what is behind it, but it looked like they didn’t want anything to do with each other.

Kalas’ form has dropped off a cliff, Pearson has to either rebuild his confidence or decide to try to move him on.

Baker is out of contract & so just needs to leave, on huge wages, poor distributor of the ball, he’s just missed 43 games in succession.

5 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

You have to weigh up the market. IMO we need a new CB anyway. So to bring in a new CB and then have to also replace Baker would be a big ask financially. 

If he is willing to take a paycut, I would offer him a new deal to act as competition/Back-up to Kalas + new recruit. 

When fit, he is a great defender. 

I would rather pay Vyner 1/4 of the wages to be backup than have a backup who can be class but is never fit. Doesn’t that defeat the point of a backup? 

Just now, marcofisher said:

I would rather pay Vyner 1/4 of the wages to be backup than have a backup who can be class but is never fit. Doesn’t that defeat the point of a backup? 

Exactly.

If he's fit, he's first choice.

Archived