IGNORED

Our back five.

GrahamC

Hunt, Mariappa, Kalas, Baker & Rowe.

All experienced players, all of them absolute rubbish today, the 2 subs who came on in the second half, Dasilva (I know it was his first game in ages) & Sessegnon, were really no better.

Until we can at least stop some of the chances the opposition get, we are going nowhere.

Pitiful.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

All experienced players, all of them absolute rubbish today, the 2 subs who came on in the second half, Dasilva (I know it was his first game in ages) & Sessegnon, were really no better.

Until we can at least stop some of the chances the opposition get, we are going nowhere.

Pitiful.

We will be league 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

"our back 5".....

.....set the tone for that performance.  Feel for Baker, who was obviously trying to feel his way back in, got nothing from Rowe and nothing from Kalas.

Thought they were all dreadful, Mariappa failed to clear it twice for one of the goals, Kalas truly awful for another. Rowe was abysmal first half.

Baker has a fan club on here but all 4 of that back five that are out of contract can leave, as far as I’m concerned.

We need a powerhouse midfielded - protect the defence and reduce the amount they have to do. 

Saying that I think even with a powerhouse we would have lost today - Kalas looks weaker every time he plays. Since coming from Chelsea he must have lost half his strength. 

Just now, Pezo said:

We need a powerhouse midfielded - protect the defence and reduce the amount they have to do. 

Saying that I think even with a powerhouse we would have lost today - Kalas looks weaker every time he plays. Since coming from Chelsea he must have lost half his strength. 

Undoubtedly & Williams is a huge miss there.

But they didn’t even win their own individual battles, none of them.

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pitiful.

The good thing is we can clean out four of them.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

And hunt, Palmer, adelukan etc etc etc 

True. I was just thinking of those at the front of the queue. Rowe’s a good pro but just isn’t good enough for this level. Mariappa is well past his best. And we all know about Fam. We might struggle to find a buyer for Palmer, but his time’s up as well. 

Rowe was just awful. Since his return from injury he’s gone from a not great but reliable defender to a real liability. Any prospect of him earning a new contract must surely have ended?

A baptism of fire for Baker.  Having not seen him play for so long, I’d forgotten just how dreadful is his distribution. Invariably he gave it away to the opposition which heaped pressure back upon us. He didn’t look too assured defensively either. 

Kalas was poor, poor, poor. The way he was bundled off the ball by that powerhouse Bradshaw for their fourth goal was comical. 

Mariappa was all at sea. Hunt was as weak and ineffective as we’ve seen him to be most of the season. 

Dasilva was understandably and Sessignon inexcusably off the pace; neither made any positive difference. 

We seem incapable of defending any corner, long throw or free kick. Every set piece seems likely to result in a goal. Massengo v Cooper at corners? Really? And wtf happened for their first goal? Three against Hunt was never going to end well. NP has so much work to do. 

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Rowe was just awful. Since his return from injury he’s gone from a not great but reliable defender to a real liability. Any prospect of him earning a new contract must surely have ended?

A baptism of fire for Baker.  Having not seen him play for so long, I’d forgotten just how dreadful is his distribution. Invariably he gave it away to the opposition which heaped pressure back upon us. He didn’t look too assured defensively either. 

Kalas was poor, poor, poor. The way he was bundled off the ball by that powerhouse Bradshaw for their fourth goal was comical. 

Mariappa was all at sea. Hunt was as weak and ineffective as we’ve seen him to be most of the season. 

Dasilva was understandably and Sessignon inexcusably off the pace; neither made any positive difference. 

We seem incapable of defending any corner, long throw or free kick. Every set piece seems likely to result in a goal. Massengo v Coper at corners? Really? And wtf happened for their first goal? Three against Hunt was never going to end well. NP has so much work to do. 

Can’t argue with a word of this.

26 minutes ago, tin said:

True. I was just thinking of those at the front of the queue. Rowe’s a good pro but just isn’t good enough for this level. Mariappa is well past his best. And we all know about Fam. We might struggle to find a buyer for Palmer, but his time’s up as well. 

Yep totally agree . There was a thread  on here a couple of weeks ago about stopping crosses. The second goal was exactly how not to defend a cross . Slow to react , slow to get out , piss poor. Then hunt  dangling a leg ? 

I waited to renew my season ticket on the back of NP signing . I know he’s inherited a absolute ******* shambles , but I though he might of had us better organised defensively . That first goal beggars belief. Is that down to poor coaching , because they would of been coached how to defend when getting countered on . Is it the players just not good enough or lack of communication to take it into a match ? 

58 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pitiful.

TBF, it was the first start of the season for Baker (who I thought did well) and Dasilva has been out for ages as you said.

Stopping chances starts further up the pitch, but I agree we defended abysmally and I'll excuse Baker but all the other defenders including the subs were dreadful.

There was one point in the game where Conway got an interception in the left back  position with Rowe about 30 yards behind. Another, in fact several, where Massengo triggered a press only for other players to stand and watch. No defending from the front at all.

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

I still believe in Kalas. Done a lot more good than bad for us this season. Hope he has a cracking euros to get some confidence back ready for next season. 

If the Czech scouts have been watching him lately the closet thing Kalas will be getting to the Euros is watching it on the TV in that mansion of his. 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yes he played right back quite a bit for 2 seasons on loan at Middlesbrough.

I think that was under Karanka.

Pulis was apparently trying to sign in 18/19 season as a right back too. And that's why he didn't go back there because he prefers playing centre back so chose us.

At Vitesse Arnhem at the start of his career, too.

I wouldn’t play him there personally & think we have a huge job on with him building his confidence back up next season, but certainly earlier in his career he has played there a fair bit.

1 hour ago, yatesuperreds said:

All will be gone apart from kalas

I do wonder if we might not be better off letting Kalas go. 

Yes, he puts his body on the line, but I get the distinct impression that he has long been disillusioned with the club. 

I think if we didn't have so many out of contract, he might be first to cut our losses with.

We need two Championship fullbacks.  For me Dasilva is too small.  Hunt and Rowe are finished, Sessegnon’s loan ends.  Towler isn’t yet ready.   Vyner is better in central defence or midfield than fullback.  Simpson, can he do a full season at this level?  Don’t think so.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bristol-city/vertragsende/verein/698

From the above list, keep Bill Weimann and sack the rest off. Start with a new LB, RB and 2 centre halfs. We should have enough cover with Dasilva, Pring, Vyner, Towler, Moore and Kalas. Chuck in a midfield enforcer and a centre forward and that’s a decent first window for me. 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yep totally agree . There was a thread  on here a couple of weeks ago about stopping crosses. The second goal was exactly how not to defend a cross . Slow to react , slow to get out , piss poor. Then hunt  dangling a leg ? 

I waited to renew my season ticket on the back of NP signing . I know he’s inherited a absolute ******* shambles , but I though he might of had us better organised defensively . That first goal beggars belief. Is that down to poor coaching , because they would of been coached how to defend when getting countered on . Is it the players just not good enough or lack of communication to take it into a match ? 

You can coach them all you like but if they do what they want when they cross the white line you’re stuffed.

I haven’t watched it back, but the desire of Millwall players to run past ours is what created it.  They were miles clear.

Today should’ve been the day for players arguing with each other on the pitch.  It wasn’t.  They don’t care.  Sorry, some of them don’t care.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You can coach them all you like but if they do what they want when they cross the white line you’re stuffed.

I haven’t watched it back, but the desire of Millwall players to run past ours is what created it.  They were miles clear.

Today should’ve been the day for players arguing with each other on the pitch.  It wasn’t.  They don’t care.  Sorry, some of them don’t care.

Totally agree . When I watched the replay with the ball bouncing around in midfield . Apart from hunt , they’re all stood there ball watching . That’s not park level it’s under ******* tens . Where’s our captain 

Archived