IGNORED

Our back five.

GrahamC

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Kalas has been making some very bad errors recently. Though that pass by Mariappa was so nervously underhit and how do we have 3 on our 3 when we are passing it around at the back. Was there a midfielder wanting the ball? Would have to watch back.

But yeah no doubt Kalas mainly to blame for that 4th.

But I think he will come good again if Nige can sort everything else out.

Taylor Moore was bombed out the team for making the kind of errors that Kalas is making now. Very worrying. I'd be happy for Kalas to be in competition for places next season, not 1st choice.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I rate him a bit higher than that ?

But lets imagine he's making silly mistakes next season and we have brought in a couple of good centre backs, then I would not be against giving Kalas a go at right back. He has the attributes to be very solid at right back imo.

I do however believe he can be much better again in a better side with the right partner

JD, I normally agree with you but Kalas at right back is madness. He's too slow off the mark and isn't comfortable on the ball. I wouldn't trust him to play a simple ball up the line let alone anything more intricate.

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

We need a powerhouse midfielded - protect the defence and reduce the amount they have to do. 

Saying that I think even with a powerhouse we would have lost today - Kalas looks weaker every time he plays. Since coming from Chelsea he must have lost half his strength. 

Spot on Him and Baker today Bambi on ice for their size .

13 hours ago, Pezo said:

We need a powerhouse midfielded - protect the defence and reduce the amount they have to do. 

Saying that I think even with a powerhouse we would have lost today - Kalas looks weaker every time he plays. Since coming from Chelsea he must have lost half his strength. 

Think the captains armband is too much for him.  

9 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Think the captains armband is too much for him.  

I'm not sure about that, the decline was already happening - maybe the armband has exacerbated it, I think he's had it coached/trained out of him. 

Kalas is quality when played with other quality players, evident from Webster partnership.

This season he’s played with Vyner & Moore neither can be described as experienced championship CB’s + Baker who has never completed a full season injury/suspension free.

Add to that Mawson loan great player but also known for extensive injuries & drafting in Marriappa as an unregistered player 

Terrible recruitment & planning right there.

13 hours ago, Superjack said:

I do wonder if we might not be better off letting Kalas go. 

Yes, he puts his body on the line, but I get the distinct impression that he has long been disillusioned with the club. 

I think if we didn't have so many out of contract, he might be first to cut our losses with.

Maybe he will want out. That’s the other thing not really discussed on here. It’s not just the clubs choice. 
Everything about him this season has looked fed up. If he did get some interest after the euros then he might welcome fresh start. 

FWIW I’m unimpressed with him this season. But I haven’t forgotten the player he used to be. He could definitely hit those levels again. Just unsure it will be with us. 

Archived