IGNORED

Alex Scott - Take A Bow

Harry

Excellent. Look forward to seeing so much more of this lad. 
First time since Pack left that I’ve seen a midfielder want the ball all the time, position himself to be available for the ball all the time, happy to receive the ball facing his own goal and remain composed, and able to play 5 and 10 yard passes at the right weight to give the recipient immediate options. 

I like this lad. First name on the team sheet for me next week. Give him the start and see what he can do. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

First time since Pack left that I’ve seen a midfielder want the ball all the time, position himself to be available for the ball all the time, happy to receive the ball facing his own goal and remain composed, and able to play 5 and 10 yard passes at the right weight to give the recipient immediate options. 

I like this lad. First name on the team sheet for me next week. Give him the start and see what he can do. 

More generally, I think we may have the best crop of young players coming through since Alan Dicks' days.

We need to get shot of those experienced players most likely to poison the well with their awful examples and bring in a couple of leaders to help nurture them.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No word of a lie, but Massengo (19), Conway (18) and Scott (17) put most of the senior players to shame today.  Wells and Lansbury excused.  The rest not.

100%.

I cannot think too many out of contract are making a case to stay.

Whilst the last few months have been dire , we have got to see a few young players who look like they can be part of a 22/24 player first team squad . Will need time , need experience around them to guide and support but they look hugely promising. Nige may well have them around the squad and not loan them next year . 

nige may not have got the current lot playing , but he clearly sees talent there and , big credit , he has played them . 

I think we would all love to see a team develop like that . Just need a few more professionals around them. I’ve been hugely impressed with our under 23 year olds . 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No word of a lie, but Massengo (19), Conway (18) and Scott (17) put most of the senior players to shame today.  Wells and Lansbury excused.  The rest not.

But that’s also exciting . Also NP clearly sees that talent too . Not lip service he really must see the potential, and yes it will take a few seasons , but get the right seniors around them and we might have a squad that could get promoted and have good years ahead of them . Personally I am hugely excited at watching a squad develop . Those three , plus others clearly have a great future . They have hunger and desire . Get some seniors of quality and we can enjoy the next few years . 

Just now, Henry said:

Bristol City’s Jack Grelish

Don’t let’s build the lad up too much, and he obviously borrowed Grealish’s shin pads.

A very decent 45 from him, looked to play every time he got the ball, and can go past players     a gift not many have.

He’s got to get a start next week and is probably our most exciting prospect for some time.

16 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

But that’s also exciting . Also NP clearly sees that talent too . Not lip service he really must see the potential, and yes it will take a few seasons , but get the right seniors around them and we might have a squad that could get promoted and have good years ahead of them . Personally I am hugely excited at watching a squad develop . Those three , plus others clearly have a great future . They have hunger and desire . Get some seniors of quality and we can enjoy the next few years . 

I agree. For all that this season is dead on its feet I can see better days on the horizon.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

100%.

I really like Conway and the way he plays, I think this lad has a good future with us.

He had some mixed fortunes today - took his goal very well, missed one he maybe should have scored and gave the ball away which led to conceding a goal. But always wanting to be involved and moving their defenders around well. I hope he starts next game.

I liked the way Scott always wanted the ball and was neat and tidy with it, couple of good runs and looked as if he belonged out there. Maybe a start for him in the last game.

Massengo, well, its Massengo.

27 minutes ago, winsaw said:

He looks excellent just the sort of player we have been missing in the middle for some time, we need to build the team around him , he gives me hope 

I totally agree...but we cannot rely upon a young lad to play every week,...... he needs to used sparingly at his age. He is a fantastic prospect, who needs carefully nurturing.  Too many young players get burnt out by playing too many games early in their career.  But if he is managed correctly, the skies the limit.

1 minute ago, Red_Alligator said:

Let's hope that in this incarnation of BCFC these talented youngsters feature prominently in the first team - and are not sold on as soon as the silly money comes calling!

I think in the current financial climate, if we received very good offers we’d accept them. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

What do you see as his best position at the moment Harry? 

Seems to have the composure and technical ability to play anywhere. Played alongside HNM in an orthodox CM position today.

Hard to tell in such a short spell on the pitch but does he have the pace to play wide in a 4231 for example, great to see him gliding past players, seems to have a lot to his game and a genuine positive from an appalling team performance. 

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

This is why I couldn't understand why he took Lansbury off for Scott . I’d rather take Palmer off & let Scott play further up the pitch 

Yes, I thought Palmer would be off for Scott, but maybe NP wanted to see if Palmer offered any more than usual over the 90. If there was a choice between the 2 for next season I'd keep Lansbury and bin Palmer

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yes, I thought Palmer would be off for Scott, but maybe NP wanted to see if Palmer offered any more than usual over the 90. If there was a choice between the 2 for next season I'd keep Lansbury and bin Palmer

Agree. We would have to take a massive hit on Palmer but that’s lansdowns fault for putting one man in charge of everything . Recruitments been a shambles. Palmer or szmodics on this season ?

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Palmer or szmodics on this season ?

Ideally I'd have gone for neither. Didn't really see much in Szmodics on the odd occasion we saw him. He ran around a lot but not a lot else. It'll be interesting to see how he does when they come up. Palmer's a waster.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Wont be 18 til next season has started. Mad one. 

He’s a 10, should be playing further forward than he did today. 

He might be, but I think in the Champ he’ll need to play a bit deeper, where there’s a tad more space to receive passes, pop it off, etc.

2 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

Weve got to make sure we build an environment for these players to nurture, otherwise we will see them walk out the door like every other promising player.

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

More generally, I think we may have the best crop of young players coming through since Alan Dicks' days.

We need to get shot of those experienced players most likely to poison the well with their awful examples and bring in a couple of leaders to help nurture them.

The absolute shambles has at least given  young players the chance for game time. By and large they have taken their chances well and one or two have shown up more experienced team mates. 

While I don't expent NP to build his team around the youngsters, they will have done their chances of being in and around the first team no harm. 

Perhaps this has been the only glimmer of hope from what otherwise has been a dismal season. 

Archived