IGNORED

Alex Scott - Take A Bow

Harry

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He might be, but I think in the Champ he’ll need to play a bit deeper, where there’s a tad more space to receive passes, pop it off, etc.

You’re not wrong. Id have rather seen him playing ahead of Massengo and Lansbury than “next” to Palmer ahead of Massengo. Palmer didn’t deserve to be subbed tho. 

Then it became him behind Palmer and Nagy, next to HNM. Why Nagy was playing further ahead of him I do not know. Maybe they just wanted to see Scott on the ball as much as possible. 

1 hour ago, Puckle_red said:

What do you see as his best position at the moment Harry? 

Seems to have the composure and technical ability to play anywhere. Played alongside HNM in an orthodox CM position today.

Hard to tell in such a short spell on the pitch but does he have the pace to play wide in a 4231 for example, great to see him gliding past players, seems to have a lot to his game and a genuine positive from an appalling team performance. 

I don’t know to be honest mate, I’ve not really seen very much of him. 
I think he’d be wasted if you put him wide. He’s a playmaker, comfortable and confident on the ball. Got to play centrally. I haven’t seen enough of his defensive qualities yet to make a judgement call, but someone with his composure and confidence you’d want receiving the ball deep and acting the quarterback-type (in old money, the carrick-role). Don’t know yet if his defensive nous is up to that but I’d definitely want him as the dictator at the base of midfield. 

Edit - it was actually really frustrating when Palmer dropped deeper toward the end - piss off, let Scott get the deep ball and play, Palmer can’t do that. 

18 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Palmer came back from Swansea, got in the team and looked quality but has since looked like a waste of space 

Thought he was alright today tbf. You could argue all of them bar HNM have looked like a waste of space since the Birmingham game!

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Excellent. Look forward to seeing so much more of this lad. 
First time since Pack left that I’ve seen a midfielder want the ball all the time, position himself to be available for the ball all the time, happy to receive the ball facing his own goal and remain composed, and able to play 5 and 10 yard passes at the right weight to give the recipient immediate options. 

I like this lad. First name on the team sheet for me next week. Give him the start and see what he can do. 

Wpuld have played him over lansbury today .

Archived