Watkins 

Odowda

Adeleekun

Palmer

Lansbury

Fammy 

Wells

Martin

I would bomb them all out and start again. Absolute wasters, squad was average at the start but the effort and level of performances has been embarrassing

You can only get rid of those out of contract or who someone wants to buy, the rest is just fantasy football stuff.

We do need a root & branch change but for me starting with those out of contract & maybe a sale of one or two we no longer want who drop to League One is as much as we can hope for.

7 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

How many would you ship out?

I really hope he rips it all up.

O’leary

Vyner

Moore

Baker

Hunt

Simpson

Rowe

Sessegnon

Paterson

Mariappa

Watkins 

Odowda

Adeleekun

Palmer

Lansbury

Fammy 

Wells

Martin

I would bomb them all out and start again. Absolute wasters, squad was average at the start but the effort and level of performances has been embarrassing

From your list would only keep Max, Vyner and Martin if he can get fully fit

We need to accept that we might only get 3 first team quality players and some squad players in the summer what's the squad look like? How is it going to be balanced?

We keep saying rip it up and start again but what if that leaves us with a weak midfield, 2 strikers (Inc Wells) and our current defence plus a Mariappa type? 

Vyner, O'Leary and Martin are good enough, we looked a lot better with Martin. He's a class forward that links play and creates chances and moves defenders out of position.

22 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

O’leary

Vyner

Moore

Baker

Hunt

Simpson

Rowe

Sessegnon

Paterson

Mariappa

Watkins 

Odowda

Adeleekun

Palmer

Lansbury

Fammy 

Wells

Martin

Trouble is we can’t do that. I’d definitely keep Zak although I do think he would be part of a promotion side if it were ever likely. For all my criticism of O’dowda is keep him but he’d be a squad player . This is how bad it is. I’d offer simpson a one year deal as well based on his one full ish performance. At least he can defend .

with no one in charge of recruitment & 13 OOC I’d be very happy just to finish where we are now next season  

28 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

but the effort and level of performances has been embarrassing

I reckon even worse than that. Hopefully next season's team will feature players who are interested and actually try to play.

I share all these sentiments, but the ‘rip it up and start again’ plan is predicated on the assumption that SL will provide the cash to sign 6- 8 new quality  players, when all the indicators are that he’s not willing or able to do so. How much does a decent shot at a safe bet championship player cost? We’ve promoted youth, bought from the French and invested in top premier league teams decent rejects. We’ve tried the clever acquisition options and ended up with possibly the worst starting 11 I’ve seen in almost 50 years as a supporter. If NP is given anything like the the money given to LJ , then I would expect that he will build a squad that will challenge for the top 6 at least. But tragically NP isn’t going to be as indulged as LJ was. I suspect that many more of the current squad than we would ideally wish will be here in September and Nige is going to have to find a way to get them going. 

For me I’m it’s time for COD to move on too .... been here 5 years played 140 games, 7 goals and 10 assists ... for an international player with his pace thats really poor and we can do better.

28 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

I suspect that many more of the current squad than we would ideally wish will be here in September

I do too. Nige will have to find a way to get them playing in the way he wants. Just can't see him being able to sign a load of new players. 

2 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Baker

Hunt

Simpson

Rowe

Sessegnon

Mariappa

Watkins 

Adeleekun

Palmer

Martin

Nagy

out the door

Harsh on Nagy imo. 

Always gives 100%. Single handedly got us the two goals versus Luton. Id use his in rotation with HNM. Thats one less position to worry about cover for. 

Get Williams, another CM, Scott, Bakinson and that's not looking too bad imo. 

We need Martin for his experience, I believe he also has another year to run anyway. 

We have no real width, need to get a proper winger who can beat his man. 

2 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

O’leary

Vyner

Moore

Baker

Hunt

Simpson

Rowe

Sessegnon

Paterson

Mariappa

Watkins 

Odowda

Adeleekun

Palmer

Lansbury

Fammy 

Wells

Martin

O'Leary can't be judged off the back of one game - Villa two years back sticks in the mind, he may need a game or two to get back into the flow. Rotating keepers carries that inherant risk. 

O'Dowda was one of the few players pulling his finger out towards Holden's reign and playing some his best football for a time. He's a fantastic bench option once fit. 

Covered why I'd hold Nagy and Martin. 

Besides that, bin the rest. Haven't/Hasn't worked.

2 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Well, we're going to find it difficult to shift under contract players that are underperforming against what their wages/transfer fee suggests rather than their actual talent. Unless of course Ipswich Town are interested in their DNA.

2 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

O’leary

Vyner

Moore

Baker

Hunt

Simpson

Rowe

Sessegnon

Paterson

Mariappa

Watkins 

Odowda

Adeleekun

Palmer

Lansbury

Fammy 

Wells

Martin

Why not Kalas?

6 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Vyner?

6 hours ago, One Team said:

I’d only keep Max and Vyner from that list. 

6 hours ago, Gazred said:

Agree with most of them but not sure why Vyner and O'Leary are on there.

I don’t get the love in with Vyner, he’s so prone to mistakes and if you’re looking to get in the top 6 he gets nowhere near any squad pushing for that, he is bang average.

Max id just like him to leave and go be a number one somewhere. He’s a good keeper who deserves to flourish and play 1 in 20 games a season is no good for him. 

9 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I don’t get the love in with Vyner, he’s so prone to mistakes and if you’re looking to get in the top 6 he gets nowhere near any squad pushing for that, he is bang average.

Max id just like him to leave and go be a number one somewhere. He’s a good keeper who deserves to flourish and play 1 in 20 games a season is no good for him. 

Vyner is a great versatile rotation option on low wages if not a starter. He will be on about 1/4 of the wages of say Nathan Baker who is never fit.

Why anyone would want to be rid of Vyner is baffling. You need a squad of players in this division, not just a world beating starting XI.

Pragmatism is required when building a squad; this isn’t FIFA ultimate team.

Our squad is just unbalanced we don't have to replace everyone, that rarely works anyway. Due to our policy of selling players we can make a profit on the best signings we've made at transfer windows have mostly gone, and the qualities they had included mental strength and leadership as well as skill. We have an opportunity to rebalance the squad since several will be leaving due to contracts expiring but I expect us to be bringing in more "Danny Simpson" types, ie experienced, physically and mentally strong, and not commanding big transfer fees as we've lost a fortune this season. It's unrealistic and unnecessary to make the wholesale changes suggested by the OP and from what NP has said in interviews it's not going to happen. 

The bonus of this year is that a large number of players 'out of contract' from other teams are better players than the ones we will be releasing. There's a market there in itself without a huge financial outlay required. 

If we can utilize that market correctly, then we would only require a few additions that would require a fee (Jerry Yates etc). 

Bentley and Semenyo look to be the subject of interest from elsewhere, if we can generate funds from their sales that that widens our financial scope to bring in players of a higher calibre. 

Below I've listed some examples of 'trading' available to us:

Players out -

Diedhiou

Hunt

Simpson

Rowe

Sessegnon (end of loan)

Mariappa

Watkins 

Adeleekun

Nagy

Semenyo

Bentley (possibly)

Of these players listed, 3 (Nagy, Semenyo, Bentley) would generate a fee. 

Replacements:

Diedhiou replacement - Hal Robson-Kanu (Free), Connor Wickham (Free), James Collins (Luton Town - Free) 

Hunt replacement - Martin Kelly (Crystal Palace - Free), Dujon Sterling (Chelsea - Loan) 

Simpson replacement - Lee Peltier (West Brom - Free) 

Mariappa replacement - Andre Wisdom (Derby County - Free), Reece Burke (Hull City - Free) 

Watkins (no replacement required)

Adeleekun (no replacement required)

Rowe replacement - Adam Reach (Sheff Weds - Free), Sorinola (MK Dons - fee required), Sam McCallum (Norwich City - Loan) 

Nagy replacement - Barry Bannan (Sheff Weds - Low fee if relegated) Joe Rothwell (Blackburn Rovers - Free), Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town - Fee required) George Honeyman (Hull City - fee required), Cameron Brannagan (Oxford United - fee required) Jorge Grant (Lincoln City - fee required) 

Semenyo replacement - Kyle Edwards (West Brom - free), Tom Lawrence (Derby County - free), Kadeem Harris (Sheff Weds- free) Malik Wilks (Hull City - fee required) 

Bentley replacement - Jack Butland (Crystal Palace - Fee required), Angus Gunn (Southampton - fee required) Jed Steer (Aston Villa - fee required) Christopher Walton (Brighton - Free) 

Additional positions required:

Striker - Jerry Yates (Blackpool - fee required), Dion Charles (Accrington Stanley - fee required)

Centre Back - Robert Atkinson (Oxford United - fee required), Leo Ostigard (Brighton - Loan) 

My picks:

Diedhiou replacement: Hal Robson-Kanu (West Brom - Free), A player with lots of experience at this level. Available as a free-agent in the summer. He played very well against us when playing for West Brom last season. Could be a good pick-up on a free, has more movement to his game than Diedhiou. 

Hunt replacement: Martin Kelly (Crystal Palace - free), another player set to become a free-agent. A product of Liverpool's academy, not hit the heights that was expected of him, but a solid player. Experience of the top flight, if he was willing to drop to the championship he could be a great signing for us. My back-up choice is Dujon Sterling (Chelsea - Loan), a quick player who had a productive loan at Wigan a couple of seasons ago. Still very young but has lots of potential. 

Simpson replacement: Lee Peltier (West Brom - Free), Free agent in the summer, has spent most of his career in the championship, could come in as useful cover whilst providing leadership and experience in the dressing room. 

Mariappa replacement: Andre Wisdom (Derby County - Free), lots of experience and a product of Liverpool's academy. Can play CB or RB much like Mariappa. A calm and composed player, who would offer us the opportunity to switch between a back 4 or back 3. 

Rowe replacement: Matthew Sorinola (Mk Dons - fee required), A young full-back with a great delivery. Has the potential to be a great player in the future. A similar style of play to Dasilva, but gets more crosses into the box. Could be fantastic signing with future value. 

Nagy Replacement (if sold): Joe Rothwell (Blackburn Rovers - Free), I believe he is still set to be a free agent in the summer, I haven't seen any news surrounding a new contact. He has impressed me each time he has played against us. A great range of passing, composed on the ball, and gets forward at every opportunity. 

Semenyo replacement (if sold): Malik Wilks (Hull City - fee required), the closest player I've seen who resembles Semenyo's style of play, with the added bonus of goals. He has had two successful seasons in League one in the past 3 years with Doncaster and Hull. A fantastic goalscoring record this year. Worth noting that he has had problems off the pitch, but looks to have out that behind him. Possible future value. 

Bentley Replacement (if sold): Jack Butland (Crystal Palace - fee required), my choice of a Bentley Replacement would be Jack Butland. A back-up at Palace, could be available fairly cheap. Local lad and has a big presence in the goal. Not had the best form over the past year, could be a decent pick-up. 

Additional Striker: Jerry Yates (Blackpool - fee required), providing Blackpool aren't promoted, Jerry Yates has all the attributes in a striker I like. A great goalscoring record over the past two seasons in League 2 (Swindon) and League 1 (Blackpool). There will be competition for his signature. It's worth mentioning that if we were to miss out on Yates, then Dion Charles (Accrington Stanley - fee required) is just as capable and would be worth a look. The type of striker I expect Peterborough to look to sign as a Clarke-Harris replacement, and we all know about there record with strikers. 

Additional Centre Back: Robert Atkinson (Oxford United - fee required), A Webster-like player, comfortable with bringing the ball out from the back (something we currently lack) and composed when defending. Just been named in the League 1 team of the year, could represent future value. 

Squad for next season:

GK: Butland (fee required), O'Leary, (+1 youth)

RB: Kelly (free), Peltier (free)

CB: Kalas, Atkinson (fee required), Wisdom (free), Baker (reduced terms), Cundy, Moore.

LB: Dasilva, Sorinola (fee required)

CM: Massengo, Williams, Walsh (new deal), Bakinson, Lansbury (new deal), Rothwell (free) 

RM: Weimann, Wilks

LM: O'Dowda, 

CAM: Palmer, Scott 

ST: Wells, Martin, Yates (fee required), Robson-Kanu (free), Conway

New deals: Baker (reduced terms), Walsh, Lansbury 

Released: Simpson, Hunt, Diedhiou, Watkins, Rowe, Mariappa, Adeleekun

Sold: Bentley, Semenyo, Nagy 

Loans: Pearson, Bell, Towler, 

Apologies if I've missed any players off the list. 

6 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Vyner is a great versatile rotation option on low wages if not a starter. He will be on about 1/4 of the wages of say Nathan Baker who is never fit.

Why anyone would want to be rid of Vyner is baffling. You need a squad of players in this division, not just a world beating starting XI.

Pragmatism is required when building a squad; this isn’t FIFA ultimate team.

Would Vyner get in any top 6 championship team as a squad player? 

The answer is no and therefore if our aspirations are still promotion then my point is right. 

He isn’t good enough for a team trying to get premier league football.

I don’t think that’s baffling. 

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

The answer is no and therefore if our aspirations are still promotion then my point is right. 

We’re 20th, we can’t ship out anyone this summer whose not good enough for top 6 as you’d then need to recruit 15 players to have a good enough squad to do so. It’ll take a couple of seasons at least and therefore players like Vyner who are good enough for mid table at least will remain in the hope they become squad players as we improve 

33 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Probably yes. People would have said the same about Korey Smith but he seems to be a pretty useful squad player for a top 6 team. 

Vyner is 23, has 80+ appearances in the Championship. If he was OOC, most teams except maybe the ones who have large parachute payments would be considering him to increase their options in defence at a very reasonable price.

The reality is, Vyner would have played less than 20 matches this season if Kalas and Mawson stayed fit. Yet his has put himself above the other backup option in Taylor Moore and was considered as some to be POTY until a month or so ago. 

I hope the clear out is mostly the out of contract players and we don't bring more than five or six players in. 

I think the mistake in previous seasons has been to sign quantity at the expense of quality and, whilst it will take time get our team where it needs to be, I'd rather the focus was on quality additions. Buying an entire new team is bound to end up with us spreading the budget thinly and I think we'll just end up with more mediocre players if we do that. 

Archived