IGNORED

How many?

Bs4Red

All OOC gone except Weimann. Not my favourite player but you get everything he has in any position. We will need that and his experience next season. 

Then I’d sell a couple with value to generate some funds. Bentley and Nagy ideally. Bentley I’d take 4m for and Nagy 1-2m I still think he’d go for to a European side. 

Our squad then looks like this

GK - O’Leary

RB - 

CB - Vyner Kalas Moore Cundy

LB - Dasilva Pring Nurse

CM - Williams Bakinson Massengo Palmer Scott

Wing - Weimann O’Dowda Semenyo Pearson

ST - Wells Martin Janneh Conway

That is 21 players to start with. I’d then target 5-6 top players. Dominant CB, two top wingers, top striker, top RB and another good midfielder. That would take us to 27 players. Now I get a few of those are quite young and could use a loan but I’d rather fill the squad with youth than journeyman. Can also add a loan or two to maybe allow 1-2 of those to go on loan though. 

Think people will have gotten used to the LJ clubs in the bag and squad of 30 players that have played at a professional level. That is not sustainable though. We need to get away from signing players like Watkins, Rowe, Martin, Simpson and Lansbury. Probably 8-12k a week each in there. What I mean is we do not need to replace these players when they go. Maybe 1 a season is ok but we have loaded up recently and I feel they have set us back. Hell, yesterday it was those 28-35 year olds who let us down yesterday. Get rid and find young hungry players. 

Also, use the versatility in the squad. Example, if we sign another CB and a RB, we will have 5 CB and 1 RB. Use Vyner at RB to rest the starter or cover for injury or suspension. I think most of us realise the volume of injuries this season were freaky and there isn’t much faith in the medical staff. Also, slightly less condensed fixtures next season(presumably). I’d hope we improve drastically in that part of the club. 

Now, that won’t look great written down. I know, you know and the club know that. In the end, it will come down to who we recruit. That is what it usually boils down to. We need to hit on 3-4 of those 5-6 players to be comfortable imo. Less and it could be a battle at the bottom of the table. More and you never know. I feel more comfortable with NP making these decisions though. He knows the league. He won’t underestimate it and will know what kind of player needed to be successful. Not guaranteed success but feel better about this summer than I did a week ago. 

Archived