IGNORED

Lansbury

old_eastender

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Do we know if anything been said about why Lansbury went off at HT?  I thought he was doing ok (don't get me wrong I'd rather we don't sign him for next season) but today he was doing OK and had an assist for Conway's goal. Did he pick up an injury I wonder?

there was conjecture to whether he was injured, or that NP just wanted to bring AS on instead

9 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes pity to see Semenyou go. He is a damn good player and will get a lot better. But I feel he has no doubt attracted interest and offers 

Disappointing if that is the case. How are we going to make a sustained improvement and move up the league if we continue to sell our better players or those with great promise.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

there was conjecture to whether he was injured, or that NP just wanted to bring AS on instead

You meant Scott not Semenyo, didn’t you?

Controversially Lansbury did ok first half & provided a sublime pass for our goal, if that had been a couple of other players in our squad we’d be hearing about it for weeks..

I’m in favour of us releasing as many as we can, but actually think of late he’s been ok & has made a far better case for being retained than loads of others.

5 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I’d happily sell Semenyo for a decent fee if it meant we could strengthen our team in different places with real quality. Good player but what...5 goals this season. Need to sort that shambles of a side out 

I like Semenyo.  He’s raw, but he’s young.  Looks like the season has caught up with him....that’s fine....first full season really.

But if you could get some decent money for him, I’d take it.

The forward positions we are fine in.  Bell is quick, but there is something I really like about Conway.  He plays with an intelligence and maturity that belies his 18 years.  He plays both ways too.  Let’s hope Britton gets some minutes next week too.

4 hours ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I’d happily sell Semenyo for a decent fee if it meant we could strengthen our team in different places with real quality. Good player but what...5 goals this season. Need to sort that shambles of a side out 

He makes me think of Yannick Bolasie. 
If, as has been reported, there are Prem clubs sniffing around then you cannot stop the player moving. 
It’s every player’s dream to compete with the very best and get set up for life financially at the signing of one contract,

The lad has great potential and I would prefer to see him develop it here. He is one of a few players that are direct and take the opposition on.

Still if we receive a decent fee and sell on then that is life whilst we are a second division club.

23 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve read that Prem clubs are interested in Semenyo, I’m not sure I fully understand why. He’s been alright and I suppose he’s young, but Semenyo, in the Prem? Haven’t seen enough to warrant that just yet. 

If he becomes a Chelsea player, like Palmer was , then he has a transfer value which is at least doubled, even if he never plays a first team match. 

He may also step up his game when coached and surrounded by better players.

8 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes pity to see Semenyou go. He is a damn good player and will get a lot better. But I feel he has no doubt attracted interest and offers 

I just don't see it. He's ok, but certainly not someone I think we will miss 

What does he actually bring to games?

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Yep. That pretty much sums up where I’m at. 

He’s alright. I’d never see him as the one that got away... and I like to think I have a pretty good history in calling those... Ayling, Freeman, Smith, (hopefully not) Walsh. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Yep. That pretty much sums up where I’m at. 

He’s alright. I’d never see him as the one that got away... and I like to think I have a pretty good history in calling those... Ayling, Freeman, Smith, (hopefully not) Walsh. 

Yeah my mind is not made up on Walsh yet. I can see him moving on this summer through choice if I'm honest 

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

You meant Scott not Semenyo, didn’t you?

Controversially Lansbury did ok first half & provided a sublime pass for our goal, if that had been a couple of other players in our squad we’d be hearing about it for weeks..

I’m in favour of us releasing as many as we can, but actually think of late he’s been ok & has made a far better case for being retained than loads of others.

Yes I did. (I was trying to remember if he did come on after half time and if I got his name right ?) I’m only going by what was said on Robin’s TV). 
yes, I think he’s done ok too, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s here next season. He was so unfit when he arrived, now his fitness has improved, he’s actually become a more important part of the team (given that some others aren’t really bothered)

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Yeah my mind is not made up on Walsh yet. I can see him moving on this summer through choice if I'm honest 

And if he moves on by choice i think that says plenty about this group of players 

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

And if he moves on by choice i think that says plenty about this group of players 

He’s good friends with Joe Williams isn’t he? 
if he doesn’t want to stay, fair play...but I’d like to think he’d give it a chance with Nige and (new) co.

14 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

The ball is, and has been since end of last season, in our court as to whether we offer Walsh a new contract or not. Personally I think it's further example of  Ashton's mess that he was not offered at least a 1 year extension at the start of the season (prior to injury).

I still hope we offer him new contract soon, but can hardly blame Walsh if someone else offers him something and he takes it.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve read that Prem clubs are interested in Semenyo, I’m not sure I fully understand why. He’s been alright and I suppose he’s young, but Semenyo, in the Prem? Haven’t seen enough to warrant that just 

He's shown potential so premier league clubs will take a gamble on him. They could save themselves a lot of money getting him now.

I think we are in a position where we probably need to cash in for someone like him and invest the money in players who are more first team ready/consistent. 

I guess getting him back on loan could be an option as well. 

Lansbury is a quality player and anyone who knows anything about football would know that. He was not match fit when he joined and it has taken him time to get up to speed, but now he is showing his quality. Pearson clearly rates him as he has given lots of minutes since joining. Maybe he will get a one year deal which a chance of a second year if he is an effective regular next campaign.

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve read that Prem clubs are interested in Semenyo, I’m not sure I fully understand why. He’s been alright and I suppose he’s young, but Semenyo, in the Prem? Haven’t seen enough to warrant that just yet. 

He’s a bit of a Victor Moses type. Lots of clubs interested in his potential. I’m not convinced he’ll hold down a regular run of games at other clubs.

8 hours ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Weimann will slot into his role and provide more goals and assists providing he gets a new contract 

11 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Disappointing if that is the case. How are we going to make a sustained improvement and move up the league if we continue to sell our better players or those with great promise.

Also disappointing that a player if true the move is, when selected to be a professional. Not to play disinterested.  I’m not sure he’s been poor though. Just other teams know that he’s the danger.

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

That sums it up nicely ...

I actually see him (Semenyo) as forging his career below the championship,, certainly not above it....

With a little 'canny work in the window along with the 'injuries back in the fold I'd be sceptical with how much first team action he'd see..

I'd say take the money & run.

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

The ball is, and has been since end of last season, in our court as to whether we offer Walsh a new contract or not. Personally I think it's further example of  Ashton's mess that he was not offered at least a 1 year extension at the start of the season (prior to injury).

I still hope we offer him new contract soon, but can hardly blame Walsh if someone else offers him something and he takes it.

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

42 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I would let him go. Looks classy at times on the ball and can see and make a pass. But apparently we have offered Walsh a new deal. He has a lot more energy and mobility. Is a better age too and probably costing less in wages. Obviously he needs to stay fit but hopefully that will improve throughout the squad now with new people coming in. Nige sorting the fitness issues.

We then have Williams who is probably our most complete midfielder. Very good defensively seeing danger and making challenges. Very high work rate, can get up and down the pitch. And is also another very good passer of the ball.

Bakinson needs work on. Maybe he is one player that needs to get fitter. A big preseason for him to really improve his off the ball side of the game. A real classy player. Prefer what he offers to Lansbury. With his potential he could go far.

Massengo still only 19. A big favourite of Nige. Will only get better and already one of the best we have in our team with who is available.

So assuming a double pivot, that is a good 4 imo. Add Vyner to that as another capable option. 

Nagy clearly doesn't seem fancied by Nige. I think he will be gone.

If Walsh was to leave, or maybe Nige wants to play Massengo in an attacking role. Then maybe bring another midfielder in.

If so then I'd be looking for someone more mobile and defensively better than Lansbury. A James or Crooks could be an improvement imo for what we would need.

Good post ??????

13 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

I am getting tired of going through this time and time again.

IF a PL team shows any interest in a Championship player there is very little that they can do to stop them leaving. Yes, the money for the club is appealing BUT the much bigger challenge is the player.

If you are being offered X3 or 4 of our current wage you are going to want to go.

Added to that they are professional sportsmen and will want to test themselves at the highest level possible.

Every player has their price and in this country there are numerous clubs - Covid aside - with very deep pockets!

Archived