IGNORED

Wednesday vs Derby

Unan

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Why don’t people like Rooney though if it’s true. He was a great player& certainly someone I never thought of as big headed & arrogant.

He's definitely big headed, probably arrogant and certainly wasn't a "great" player. 

Plus his wife is not very nice.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Why do they need to get relegated?

Because both are insufferable, billy big bollox who have been irresponsibly run with regard to their finances and as a result cynically corrupted FFP rules. Relegation the least they deserve, irrespective of any other punishments already imposed. Fck em.   

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

He's definitely big headed, probably arrogant and certainly wasn't a "great" player. 

Pretty much every discourse he's had with a referee has had the word "off" in it somewhere, usually the second word.

He's definitely big headed, probably arrogant and certainly wasn't a "great" player

He was very talented, and the early years of his career were very good.

However, 2004 apart, he never really turned up at any tournament. In 2010, South Africa he, like the rest of the team, was a disgrace (he got booed by the fans out there and didn't take it well, at all).

Should have achieved more in his career, especially while playing for his country.

Not a great player?

Possibly one of the worst comments I've seen on this forum ?

United's top goalscorer, won everything there is to win at domestic level, only Shearer has more Premier league goals. Around 2008/09/10 he was at the very top level.

Some will say he under-performed for England especially in tournaments but he always seemed to pick up injuries. We win Euro 2004 if he didn't get injured IMO

22 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

He was very talented, and the early years of his career were very good.

However, 2004 apart, he never really turned up at any tournament. In 2010, South Africa he, like the rest of the team, was a disgrace (he got booed by the fans out there and didn't take it well, at all).

Should have achieved more in his career, especially while playing for his country.

He was always injured sadly. Injured at 2004, broke his foot going into 2006 and was rushed back. 2010 he got injured for United against Bayern and wasn't fit at all. Shouldn't have reacted how he did but I bet he was incredibly frustrated. 2014 I think he was injured too in the months before.

He won everything at domestic level, he can't be blamed for not doing more for his country he's our all time record goal scorer and as above, never had a fresh shot at a tournament. 

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I think you need to have some arrogance to do well but also he does do a lot of charity work 

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I don't know what to say to that. He is England's all time record goal scorer...

People just don’t like him ?‍♂️

I’m still gobsmacked that someone can say he wasn’t a “great” player. He was one of the best in the world at his peak

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’m still gobsmacked that someone can say he wasn’t a “great” player. He was one of the best in the world at his peak

When he played next to Ronaldo at Manure he was sensational. Top player

7 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I don't know if he is big headed or arrogant as I've never met the man but he was a great player. You don't become the the all time top scorer for Man Utd and England without being a great player. People say he never did it for England but neither did many other great players, we haven't won or got to the final of a tournament since 1966.

He was Derby's best player and although they were struggling before they have collapsed since he hung his boots up. 

Saturday will be fascinating but I can see both games being draws and Derby stay up by the skin of their teeth.

12 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

When he played next to Ronaldo at Manure he was sensational. Top player

Also filled the gap left by Ronaldo with 34 goals (I think?) that season, he was unplayable at times and then got that cruel injury at the end of the Bayern game which ruined the summer

13 hours ago, MarcusX said:

The same people who say Rooney wasn't all that said the same about Beckham and Gascoigne and you can bet your bottom dollar will be lining up Phil Foden in their sights (because they are far more educated in football things than mugs like Pep). The common denominator seems to be they are all English and therefore cannot be a great player by definition!!

45 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The same people who say Rooney wasn't all that said the same about Beckham and Gascoigne and you can bet your bottom dollar will be lining up Phil Foden in their sights (because they are far more educated in football things than mugs like Pep). The common denominator seems to be they are all English and therefore cannot be a great player by definition!!

Beckham certainly wasn't "great". The best English player of that era was Scholes.

Gascoigne could have been, but for injury. And alcohol.

Foden? Could be amazing.

Don't think much of your psychic powers.

36 minutes ago, Super said:

Are people actually saying Rooney wasn't a top player?

No. I said he wasn't a "great", i.e. world class.

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Beckham certainly wasn't "great". The best English player of that era was Scholes.

Foden? Could be amazing.

Well thats not fact is it thats your opinion. Some say Gerrard, some say Rooney. All of which IMO were world class players. 

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Foden? Could be amazing.

Granted he disappointed on the biggest stage for England but he produced on the biggest stage for United. Messi has hardly set the world alight at tournaments.

5 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Foden? Could be amazing.

Not sure what you are referring to with "psychic powers" (and not bothered either so no need to clarify) but Beckham played for Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan and PSG in his career.....given players like that are ten a penny how come BCFC always miss out on them?

Still thinking Derby are worse but it's a difficult one for me- ideally both!

Derby seem more arrogant for one. It seems to permeate that club. Remember all the 'EFL on strings' nonsense a couple of years back. The celebrity culture from Lampard to Rooney via Cocu.

Sheffield Wednesday did the financial irregularities bit but so did Derby. The latter though, you only have to read their forum to see a general bullishness.

Unless Chansiri is a fine actor, some of his press conferences are, have been shambolic. No Wednesday fan could with a straight face declare he had the EFL on strings etc. An absolute idiot.

That aside, deduction getting halved was a nonsense. Given the EFL appeared to okay the moving of the Stadium sale to 17/18, wow Amateur Hour all round! Worth reading the report in full, no party came out well, be it the club, Chansiri, EFL (especially Harvey) or the Auditors- this is possibly why it was halved. All of them seemed to assume it was okay and didn't dig in as far as they should.

Still it would be fitting as if they do go down, it would almost certainly be within 6 pts or less- aka the eventually amended deduction and it would fit the crime.

Derby feel more deserving but really both of them deserve it deeply.

22 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

I think you need to have some arrogance to do well but also he does do a lot of charity work 

A friend of mine (who is a Liverpool fan and so has a pathological hatred of "Bluenoses") works at Alder Hey (The children's Hospital in Liverpool).  He says (only half joking) that Rooney is in there more often than he is.

Don't like Derby, think they cheated, think they think they are something special and hope they go down, but, from the little I know, Rooney is a decent chap.

Archived