IGNORED

Wednesday vs Derby

Unan

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Lengthy stoppage time due to Waghorn injury I read.

It did and it didn't because had Sheffield Wednesday scrambled a last minute winner, it would have sent them down anyway.

Thanks.

Agree with what you say, but if both second halves start and finish at the same time, then Derby don't know about Pack's equaliser until the end of their game, and would have to keep looking for a winner, which might have made the game more open leading to a Wednesay winner...

57 minutes ago, Polly said:

What was the reason for the delayed ko at Derby?

Knowing the Rotherham result gave them a massive advantage, did it not?  They knew a draw would be enough.

I think they had 7 minutes added at the end of the first half, this and a few stoppages in the 2nd made them finish later than the Rotherham match. I don’t think knowing what they had to do made it any different to be fair, both teams were going for the win independently of Rotherham.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I think they had 7 minutes added at the end of the first half, this and a few stoppages in the 2nd made them finish later than the Rotherham match. I don’t think knowing what they had to do made it any different to be fair, both teams were going for the win independently of Rotherham.

Not from what I saw - once the Rotherham game finished, Derby were cocking about as much as possible with goal kicks and free kicks. 

Archived