IGNORED

Wednesday vs Derby

Unan

1 hour ago, 77 punk said:

i was hoping sky would show the luton v rotherham game, i hope rotherham win it would put huge pressure on derby and mean saturday would be a crazy day

Sky have announced that they are now showing the Luton v Rov’rum game of Tuesday - now a 7.15pm KO.

Come on the Millers!! ?

30 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

wonder if we can pinch Bannon if they get relegated ? Nice thought...

@Robbored will get a big chubby if we could

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Also we've offered Walsh a new deal who is very much like Bannan.

We have ?  Says who ?  Why oh why ?

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think we need him. Need more of a Williams type for me with Williams injury problems.

Also we've offered Walsh a new deal who is very much like Bannan.

Isn't Walsh off no intention of resigning I bet he ends up at Coventry with Mark Robins

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

wonder if we can pinch Bannon if they get relegated ? Nice thought...

Why ?  He seems to only play great against us and that's because we've had no midfield for the past couple of seasons.

27 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Why ?  He seems to only play great against us and that's because we've had no midfield for the past couple of seasons.

Tbh Derby fans say much the same- reading their forum earlier.

I think he's a good player but a bit overrated in parts- maybe you need a very specific system to get the best as well.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not my handiwork - I should hope not: see below.

82F6D773-49D9-4479-B883-6D17DACABCB9.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So 27 different scenarios and Derby go down in 13 of them.

I don't think so - only twelve according to my calculations as the first scenario means Sheffield Wednesday go down..

Should Rotherham win tomorrow and both Rotherham and Derby win on Saturday, then they would both finish above Sheffield Wednesday.  

22 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't think so - only twelve according to my calculations as the first scenario means Sheffield Wednesday go down..

Should Rotherham win tomorrow and both Rotherham and Derby win on Saturday, then they would both finish above Sheffield Wednesday.  

But Rotherham would likely be above Derby on GD!

Sent this to my grandfather, egg sucking etc but if anyone is unclear.

Rotherham vs Luton tonight may decide if one of Wednesday or Derby will survive this season before the final day.

Anything other than a Rotherham win sends Rotherham down. Rotherham need to win both of their last 2 games to send Wednesday and Derby down.

Anything other than a Wednesday win Saturday sees Wednesday down.

Derby need to not lose and Rotherham to not win both of their last 2.

If Rotherham with both of their games then neither Wednesday or Derby can save themselves.

1 hour ago, Banned User said:

Rotherham vs Luton tonight may decide if one of Wednesday or Derby will survive this season before the final day.

Anything other than a Rotherham win sends Rotherham down. Rotherham need to win both of their last 2 games to send Wednesday and Derby down.

If Rotherham with both of their games then neither Wednesday or Derby can save themselves.

Not true. Rotherham can draw tonight and still stay up with a Derby/Wednesday draw and them winning at the weekend. They have a better goal difference than Derby.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

But Rotherham would likely be above Derby on GD!

2 hours ago, Banned User said:

Wycombe Wednesday & Derby would be down with Rotherham safe on GD

39 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes they would.

My apologies to you all - in the event that Rotherham win their remaining two games then, barring an unlikely high-scoring win by Derby against Sheffield Wednesday, of course Rotherham stay up and Derby are relegated.

1 hour ago, Banned User said:

I am hesitant to comment following my previous aberration, but, should Rotherham lose tonight but win on Saturday, with Sheffield Wednesday also winning against Derby, wouldn't that leave all three teams on 43 points with Rotherham staying up on GD?

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am hesitant to comment following my previous aberration, but, should Rotherham lose tonight but win on Saturday, with Sheffield Wednesday also winning against Derby, wouldn't that leave all three teams on 43 points with Rotherham staying up on GD?

As long as there isn't a six goal swing (it needs to be 6 rather than 5 because of goals scored in Rotherham's favour) that is correct!!!!

So if Rotherham lose 3-0 tonight and win 1-0 Saturday and Wednesday win 4-0 Saturday then Wednesday stay up..........

Gotta love this time of the season.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Out of curiosity, is there anyone reading this thread who would actually prefer Rotherham to go down and one of derby or SW to stay up?

Not me. Next season is consolidation for us so a team like Rotherham who are likely to be similar next season to this season will do nicely for me. Let potentially bigger claps do their reset in the division below and then a season back at this level before they get back on their feet again..............

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Out of curiosity, is there anyone reading this thread who would actually prefer Rotherham to go down and one of derby or SW to stay up?

Not me, unless Derby were to start next season on -12.

Even though I personally admire the club (or used to) Sheffield Wednesday deserve to be relegated for financial mismanagement. Derby County I'd love to see relegated because I think they'll probably be much stronger next season, Rooney being relegated would be funny, and they've also tried to cheat the FFP system. 

Imagine Derby, Wednesday, Sunderland, Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth all in League One next season. Wouldn't fancy trying to get out of it. 

Archived