IGNORED

Joe Bryan

Roadrunner

I see a lot of posts about getting in new full backs next season, which i agree so how about Jo Bryan. His side Fulham look like they will be joining us next season in the Championship. Jo has been sat on the bench a lot this season, might be worth a phone call?

Would far rather we loaned Luke Thomas to compete with DaSilva. Fantastic left back and far better than bryan. I understand Leicester are looking at buying another left back which could release thomas for a loan.

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wasn't he one of the best in the championship when at Fulham? 

I guess it would have helped if we played attacking football so we could have played to his strengths more.

I’ve always said and many times on here i can’t see how JB was never played as an attacking central midfielder - he’s got everything that’s needed to succeed there i think 

He won't come back to us, I suspect, but mad that people on here are turning their noses up at someone who would be one of the best full backs in the division and probably our best player. Someone who scored two in the play off final a year ago.

8 minutes ago, Harry R said:

He won't come back to us, I suspect, but mad that people on here are turning their noses up at someone who would be one of the best full backs in the division and probably our best player. Someone who scored two in the play off final a year ago.

Couldn't agree more!

57 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Maybe as a left midfielder/winger. With Dasilva at left back I don’t think that’s a position we need to strengthen.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

44 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I’ve always said and many times on here i can’t see how JB was never played as an attacking central midfielder - he’s got everything that’s needed to succeed there i think 

A good footballer, with good feet, acceleration, powerful, etc.  Anywhere in midfield, centre-left, left, he’d be ideal.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

A good footballer, with good feet, acceleration, powerful, etc.  Anywhere in midfield, centre-left, left, he’d be ideal.

I never understood why they tried to make him a defender! Midfielder all the way.

So consistently in the top half of the Championship, recent promotion from the Championship, played in the Premier League recently, good age, can play in multiple positions, but not good enough for Bristol City! Blimey, I must be missing something. Not that he would come back anyway. COYR 

13 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Even if we could afford to pay his wages....there is absolutely no reason why he would want to come back to us 

Family ties in the area is the only thing I could think of but in all honesty Fulham isn't that far away to be much of a factor. Good player and walks into our starting 11 at either left back or left midfield

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think he'd want to come back here. Would be seen as a backwards step as he's approaching/in his prime.

Yup. And if he convinced himself to come here we'd probably get a very defeated looking JP. 

3 hours ago, Banned User said:

Maybe as a left midfielder/winger. With Dasilva at left back I don’t think that’s a position we need to strengthen.

Dasilva who misses 75% of seasons, covered by Rowe, who may or may not be offered a new contract, but isn’t anywhere near championship standard anyway.

Left back, along with pretty much every other position, definitely needs strengthening.

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Dasilva who misses 75% of seasons, covered by Rowe, who may or may not be offered a new contract, but isn’t anywhere near championship standard anyway.

Left back, along with pretty much every other position, definitely needs strengthening.

Dasilva who’s been injury free until coming here, Pring, Nurse etc.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m really hoping Dasilva’s shin splints were actually a fracture, and he’s now sorted.

World of difference between the two as you know - it would be difficult to understand if a player was diagnosed with shin splints and it turned out to be a fracture. But then again...

I seem to recall that the eventual diagnosis was a stress fracture ?

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

And plays for the shirt and always gives 100%. Which is more than can be said for 75% of our side at present.

I'd love to see Joe back, but as others have said, he'll have better options than us. 

Archived