IGNORED

What is a Nigel Pearson Team

42 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

All coaches have to have the knowledge but as you say  it’s how you impart the message that counts. In a squad of 25 blokes you will have some that learn by listening, others prefer seeing and some will get the message by doing. Encouragement works for some, kick up the arse for others. Some players want to know why, others just want to get the work done and piss off and meet that bird they chatted up.

Many players will accept what you tell them others need convincing. Some people are nice and respectful and you’ll have others that are good players but right bastards to deal with. Therefore if you can’t manage people you can’t coach them effectively whatever the textbook says.

Agree with all that - obviously more difficult to manage the modern players with the money, agents and bozman ruling etc.

Been disgusted with the 6 premiership owners recent antics but appalled by some our players attitude and effort this season.

Bring it on Nige!

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think he has hinted at liking Massengo, O'Dowda and Weimann.

So I think he likes players that work very hard off the ball. 

He has used different systems with us and nothing has worked so far. But at previous clubs he seems to like 4231.

I think he might look to go 4231 next season. With Massengo, O'Dowda and Weimann in the 3 behind the striker.

I don't think he is so keen on Palmer and Nagy. I think they will be gone on loan or permanent next season.

I am hoping he sticks with Bakinson. He can obviously see how good he is on the ball, but has talked about how himself and the staff feel he can do more intense sprints.

With Nige looking to make us fitter for next season, with new staff coming in to maybe change their training methods. I think he will be really trying to make sure Bakinson comes back in better shape. I actually thought Bakinson put in a great shift last week against Luton but tired 2nd half so couldn't continue the hard work. So much more a fitness issue than him being lazy imo. i hope it is as simple as getting him fitter.

Of course all that could be wrong, who knows! But if he does go with the lone striker, I am wondering if Wells is his man or if he might prefer Martin.

It's not like Wells suits how we play. He might even want to bring in another Martin type to compete for that position with Martin. Not sure then what that would mean for Wells if that was to happen.

I get the feeling Troy Deeney may be brought in on a free. If that happens then that is not the kind of signing that excites me to be honest! But then he has scored quite a decent amount this season. 

He will surely be looking to sort our defence out. Expect an Elliott Moore type, 6 foot 6, a leader and played every single minute of every game this season for Oxford. Probably the Pearson type. Played under Pearson at OH Leaven, ex Leicester. Been talked about a fair amount by others on this forum.

As we know Danny Simpson has come in at right back, a big problem position for us. So I am sure he was planning to keep him on, but not sure if the injury might change things there.

There's no doubt his main objective in recruitment will be to bring in players that make us a lot tougher.

All I can do is guess what might happen, which I have done there. But could well be completely wrong!

I genuinely hope O’Dowda is not in the first 11. Same with Martin. We want progression dont we?

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think he has hinted at liking Massengo, O'Dowda and Weimann.

So I think he likes players that work very hard off the ball. 

He has used different systems with us and nothing has worked so far. But at previous clubs he seems to like 4231.

I think he might look to go 4231 next season. With Massengo, O'Dowda and Weimann in the 3 behind the striker.

I don't think he is so keen on Palmer and Nagy. I think they will be gone on loan or permanent next season.

I am hoping he sticks with Bakinson. He can obviously see how good he is on the ball, but has talked about how himself and the staff feel he can do more intense sprints.

With Nige looking to make us fitter for next season, with new staff coming in to maybe change their training methods. I think he will be really trying to make sure Bakinson comes back in better shape. I actually thought Bakinson put in a great shift last week against Luton but tired 2nd half so couldn't continue the hard work. So much more a fitness issue than him being lazy imo. i hope it is as simple as getting him fitter.

Of course all that could be wrong, who knows! But if he does go with the lone striker, I am wondering if Wells is his man or if he might prefer Martin.

It's not like Wells suits how we play. He might even want to bring in another Martin type to compete for that position with Martin. Not sure then what that would mean for Wells if that was to happen.

I get the feeling Troy Deeney may be brought in on a free. If that happens then that is not the kind of signing that excites me to be honest! But then he has scored quite a decent amount this season. 

He will surely be looking to sort our defence out. Expect an Elliott Moore type, 6 foot 6, a leader and played every single minute of every game this season for Oxford. Probably the Pearson type. Played under Pearson at OH Leaven, ex Leicester. Been talked about a fair amount by others on this forum.

As we know Danny Simpson has come in at right back, a big problem position for us. So I am sure he was planning to keep him on, but not sure if the injury might change things there.

There's no doubt his main objective in recruitment will be to bring in players that make us a lot tougher.

All I can do is guess what might happen, which I have done there. But could well be completely wrong!

Great. The striker who rarely scores goals

44 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I genuinely hope O’Dowda is not in the first 11. Same with Martin. We want progression dont we?

If he is, it’s because NP is getting something out of him and he has responded / upped his game.  I don’t think NP will give out cheap appearances next season once he’s started to build competition in his squad.

JonD will know I’m not a fan, because I think he plays on the periphery too much. I’ve never said he doesn’t have talent, but he needs to display it more regularly, and work harder to improve a few little areas of his game.  He’s 20-bloody-6 now.  I think fans still see him as 22!

Whilst out injured he’s allowed others to show what they can do.  In January Massengo was a bit of an afterthought for Holden, but under NP he’s suddenly one of the best and consistent performers.  Not saying they are in direct competition, but being in possession of a shirt can count for a lot.

On the flip-side, Being out of the side when a team is struggling can be a good thing as it can enhance your status.

But with so many out, Callum isn’t just competing with Lansbury, Bakinson, Massengo and Nagy, for a midfield spot but potentially Williams, Walsh, and Weimann too next season.  Add in Semenyo, plus any new wide-men signings if he’s gonna play wide-left.

I think we need competition for places....NP has said so too....Callum is gonna need to be more second half QPR (a), than first half, or more Portsmouth (h) first half.

Its in his gift to do that.  Gonna be an interesting few months at the start of next season.  I’m all for any of our players playing well.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Personally I can’t see Deeney coming here, nor NP wanting him here.  It was a unique Watford specific thing, not a NP-Deeney thing per se.

Me neither.

We already have Martin under contract for next season & any striker we bring in will need to be far more mobile than him or Deeney.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Great. The striker who rarely scores goals

Our form dipped massively when Martin was over used and then become injured.

When his form went through over use we lost our way big time, very underrated by a lot but thats my opinion.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If he is, it’s because NP is getting something out of him and he has responded / upped his game.  I don’t think NP will give out cheap appearances next season once he’s started to build competition in his squad.

JonD will know I’m not a fan, because I think he plays on the periphery too much. I’ve never said he doesn’t have talent, but he needs to display it more regularly, and work harder to improve a few little areas of his game.  He’s 20-bloody-6 now.  I think fans still see him as 22!

Whilst out injured he’s allowed others to show what they can do.  In January Massengo was a bit of an afterthought for Holden, but under NP he’s suddenly one of the best and consistent performers.  Not saying they are in direct competition, but being in possession of a shirt can count for a lot.

On the flip-side, Being out of the side when a team is struggling can be a good thing as it can enhance your status.

But with so many out, Callum isn’t just competing with Lansbury, Bakinson, Massengo and Nagy, for a midfield spot but potentially Williams, Walsh, and Weimann too next season.  Add in Semenyo, plus any new wide-men signings if he’s gonna play wide-left.

I think we need competition for places....NP has said so too....Callum is gonna need to be more second half QPR (a), than first half, or more Portsmouth (h) first half.

Its in his gift to do that.  Gonna be an interesting few months at the start of next season.  I’m all for any of our players playing well.

If COD is in our “best 11” come August I’ll be very disappointed. 

As you say Dave- 26 years old now- for me he’s one who should be moved on ASAP recouping as much as we can. 

a typical Ashton type signing- on paper, looks good- but on the pitch, he’s all fart, and no shit. 

Archived