IGNORED

Who will be responsible for signing new players?

Redland

NP has made it clear that will be significant changes both in terms of players being released and new players coming in.

Mark Ashton is remaining in post until the end of the month and I think it is reasonable to assume that his mental energies, if not his time, will be very much directed towards his new role at Ipswich. This will waste almost a month of the close season.

Thereafter who will be responsible for identifying available players and negotiating  contracts? At the moment we don’t seem to know if Ashton will be replaced with another CEO or Director of Football or whatever. 

I obviously don’t know what’s going on behind-the-scenes but it must be helpful if this is sorted out ASAP and ideally before Ashton’s departure. Otherwise despite NP’s aspirations it could be a frustrating summer.

Does anyone have any info on this?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’m sure Nige does! ? At least I hope he does.

I can’t believe for a second he would have taken the job if he seriously thought that we wouldn’t have the staff in place when needed. Why would he put himself through that and be in a position in 6 months time where he becomes both unemployed and unemployable?

25 minutes ago, Redland said:

NP has made it clear that will be significant changes both in terms of players being released and new players coming in.

Mark Ashton is remaining in post until the end of the month and I think it is reasonable to assume that his mental energies, if not his time, will be very much directed towards his new role at Ipswich. This will waste almost a month of the close season.

I would argue that Ashton's mind hasn't been on BCFC from July last year which was when his mate O'Leary and the guys from the States were registered as Directors at Gamechanger20 Ltd which is the company that bought ITFC.

He should have gone gone right away on the basis that if asked if he wanted to start with his new employer at the earliest opportunity no pay in lieu of notice would need to be paid which would have saved City around £45k [one month of his cost!!!]. There was never going to be any compensation from Ipswich - not that type of contract but we could have made him stay at home for 6 months [likely length of notice period at his level] but then that would have cost £250k and, like he has possibly been doing already, difficult to track how much time he was spending on ITFC.

I would back Pearson's judgement on players compared to the Ashton/LJ combo.

Personally I think we need both a CEO and a Director of Football/Head of Scouting. It would be great if we could appoint a DoF known to and respected by Pearson to identifyi players who fit the managers brief with the CEO being responsible for the contracts and offers.

The last thing we need is another Mark Ashton with to much influence over footballing issue. It'll be a balancing act to give Nige what he needs whilst providing Steve Lansdown with what he wants. Interesting summer ahead I think.

11 minutes ago, numbeast said:

Personally I think we need both a CEO and a Director of Football/Head of Scouting. It would be great if we could appoint a DoF known to and respected by Pearson to identifyi players who fit the managers brief with the CEO being responsible for the contracts and offers.

The last thing we need is another Mark Ashton with to much influence over footballing issue. It'll be a balancing act to give Nige what he needs whilst providing Steve Lansdown with what he wants. Interesting summer ahead I think.

Yep, we need a CEO, you just don’t have to pay him £540k p.a. nor let him stray into parts of the football club he know eff all about.

28 minutes ago, Redland said:

I’m sure he has some targets in mind but surely he’s not expected to undertake the contract negotiations?

We could do worse than get Keith Dawe back for this if he fancies it. It's years since I've spoken to or even seen Keith and not sure how his health is these days - but am sure he's been a very big miss behind the scenes.

Archived