IGNORED

Man Utd fans break in to Old Trafford and invade the pitch with flares in protest of the Glazers

Unan

37 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Quite.

Red Nev & the scouse imbecile who should not be on TV after spitting in that young girl's face a few years back. 

Virtue Sky really do pick & choose their standards.

Couldn't care less about the manure & their plastic self-entitled fans.

Would be very nice to see them relegated or go out of business even.

What a wonder thought!!

You’re embarrassing yourself.

Just now, redordead1 said:

You’re embarrassing yourself.

You are an EMBARRASSMENT full stop so be off with you small boy.

No place in society for people breaking the law & breaking into football grounds & people feeling threatened as a consequence.

All whipped up by SKY as well.

I won't apologise for hating on the manure so do one.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Total respect to all of them.

Fans 1 Money men 0

I think I lean this way too. Normally you’d say a line was crosses by invading the pitch and preventing them from leaving the hotel. How else do you express the anger about the ESL though? Social media? Some signs outside the ground? These things won’t sway the ultra rich from trying to become richer. Accumulating money and stature is all they care about. They don’t care about the billions they are affecting. No, it is time for it to get a bit nasty. I don’t want anyone physically hurt but I want the owners to squirm as much as they can be made to by the working class. Hopefully more sponsors start putting pressure on the teams too

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fantastic news. Respect to every single one of those United supporters involved.

This should be a watershed moment for English football. 

Not every single one, as I said in the ESL thread, a few idiots throwing flares and beer cans at the sky sports stage, those who’ve damaged camera equipment etc in the ground. It’s a small minority but it means not a blanket ‘every single one’ 

5 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

You are an EMBARRASSMENT full stop so be off with you small boy.

No place in society for people breaking the law & breaking into football grounds & people feeling threatened as a consequence.

All whipped up by SKY as well.

I won't apologise for hating on the manure so do one.

Why are you blaming Sky?

Absolute respect for this and should be replicated as much as possible across the footballing world. It's time the football world was reminded of whose game it actually is. 

If a few sky cameras have to get broken to make them realise how much damage they cause to the game who cares? Not that they will realise or care, but it's hard to care about a camera.  People need to be responsible and not attack individuals and obviously throwing objects at people is out of line. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think I lean this way too. Normally you’d say a line was crosses by invading the pitch and preventing them from leaving the hotel. How else do you express the anger about the ESL though? Social media? Some signs outside the ground? These things won’t sway the ultra rich from trying to become richer. Accumulating money and stature is all they care about. They don’t care about the billions they are affecting. No, it is time for it to get a bit nasty. I don’t want anyone physically hurt but I want the owners to squirm as much as they can be made to by the working class. Hopefully more sponsors start putting pressure on the teams too

Peaceful protest has never achieved anything. 

Time to disrupt. It's the only language the megalomaniacs at the top will understand. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Time to disrupt. It's the only language the megalomaniacs at the top will understand. 

Exactly. Waiting for people to suggest petitions and speaking to MP's. 

Ineffective.

None of the supporters of the big six clubs complained when they were taken over by billionaire businessmen and these clubs signed multi million pounds players and won trophies.

Unless you have in our case a billionaire wanting to invest in their hometown club these billionaires are always going to want a return on their investment, i do struggle a little hearing people saying Man Utd fans or Arsenal fans have had enough when they were perfectly happy when things were rosy.

What’ll be interesting is what happens next, could Man Utd be facing a punishment like a points deduction? 

1 minute ago, walnutroof said:

None of the supporters of the big six clubs complained when they were taken over by billionaire businessmen and these clubs signed multi million pounds players and won trophies.

Unless you have in our case a billionaire wanting to invest in their hometown club these billionaires are always going to want a return on their investment, i do struggle a little hearing people saying Man Utd fans or Arsenal fans have had enough when they were perfectly happy when things were rosy.

What’ll be interesting is what happens next, could Man Utd be facing a punishment like a points deduction? 

Pretty sure Man U fans were against the Glazers. Also not sure Liverpool were super happy with FSG. I am going off memory but I could be wrong

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Not every single one, as I said in the ESL thread, a few idiots throwing flares and beer cans at the sky sports stage, those who’ve damaged camera equipment etc in the ground. It’s a small minority but it means not a blanket ‘every single one’ 

Thoughts and prayers with a bit of camera equipment. 

Couldn't care less if I'm honest. 

This is a fight for the heart and soul of English football.

If a bit of camera equipment gets damaged along the way then I can live with that. I'm sure they've got insurance. 

Good on them. About time REAL hard core football fans fought back against the corporates. **** what the media will say, they have never liked true football fans.

Cue hooligans smash up Old Trafford garbage in the newspapers tomorrow

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Good on them. About time REAL hard core football fans fought back against the corporates. **** what the media will say, they have never liked true football fans.

Cue hooligans smash up Old Trafford garbage in the newspapers tomorrow

Considering all your posts in the Kill the Bill thread this is hilarious even though I agree with you. I was waiting for a few of you to show up in here. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thoughts and prayers with a bit of camera equipment. 

Couldn't care less if I'm honest. 

This is a fight for the heart and soul of English football.

If a bit of camera equipment gets damaged along the way then I can live with that. I'm sure they've got insurance. 

Camera equipment aside. The throwing of lit flares at regular people who are just employees of sky and at police at the hotel? That’s never okay, the one thrown at the sky employees was about 5 feet from making it to the platform. 

Just now, Rebounder said:

Considering all your posts in the Kill the Bill thread this is hilarious even though I agree with you. I was waiting for a few of you to show up in here. 

Well the Kill the Bill was a play on words, but that was my own personal opinion and I'd rather not have police cars blown up in Bristol. Anyway I won't get into that.. Football fans have been hammered for decades in this Country, we are the people.

The few idiots who used flares etc I dont agree with, but something needs to change with these corporates

This is an excellent protest but, unfortunately, it’s only by a few hundred fans. As long as protests are limited to small numbers, the owners can ignore them. The next match will just have more security to prevent this sort of thing happening again. To ensure any meaningful change thousands of fans have to protest. Not just those who actually go to the ground to watch but the vast majority of “fans” who watch on TV from around the world. IMO the majority of distant fans in other countries couldn’t care less. 

It’s up to UEFA and the Premier League to take meaningful action

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Well the Kill the Bill was a play on words, but that was my own personal opinion and I'd rather not have police cars blown up in Bristol. Anyway I won't get into that.. Football fans have been hammered for decades in this Country, we are the people.

The few idiots who used flares etc I dont agree with, but something needs to change with these corporates

Indeed as have people using legitimate means of protest and I do fully agree that the way football fans have been treated over the years is disgraceful. As have many people in this country for many years.

It's uncomfortable for some but the discontent comes from similar places and we aren't that different. 

Football is a reflection of a society that needs to change. A society that puts interests of corporate bodies and profit above everything else. 

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Anarchy is a very dangerous road to follow, as it’s great when you agree with the aims of the protestors. When the anarchists try to force through  things you don’t agree with it’s not so good.  The only anarchy in the UK that I’ve ever agreed with was the single by the Sex Pistols 

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Anarchy is a very dangerous road to follow, as it’s great when you agree with the aims of the protestors. When the anarchists try to force through  things you don’t agree with it’s not so good.  The only anarchy in the UK that I’ve ever agreed with was the single by the Sex Pistols 

"Anarchy" isn't the same as anarchism just saying. Anarchists do use direct action, but it's not all about smashing things up. In fact there is tons of good that gets done through direct community activism.

Smashing things up isn't limited to anarchists either. 

43 minutes ago, BigTone said:

So flights from Asia into Manchester are still allowed.

Ha I was thinking this along the lines of when they broke in I wonder how long it took them to find the pitch as they’ve all probably never been there before

45 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Sky going mental over the super league now going mental over the fans reaction to it. The irony is beautiful. They are just as complicit in this.

Sky wouldn’t even be there if fans had reacted like this to the creation of the Prem

Archived