IGNORED

Man Utd fans break in to Old Trafford and invade the pitch with flares in protest of the Glazers

Unan

35 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

None of the supporters of the big six clubs complained when they were taken over by billionaire businessmen and these clubs signed multi million pounds players and won trophies.

Unless you have in our case a billionaire wanting to invest in their hometown club these billionaires are always going to want a return on their investment, i do struggle a little hearing people saying Man Utd fans or Arsenal fans have had enough when they were perfectly happy when things were rosy.

What’ll be interesting is what happens next, could Man Utd be facing a punishment like a points deduction? 

United have since the Glaziers came in

36 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Exactly. Waiting for people to suggest petitions and speaking to MP's. 

Ineffective.

Ah come on. Surely a nice polite letter respectfully requesting the Glazers don’t join any more breakaway leagues would have had just as much impact as fans storming a stadium and stopping a major game going ahead...

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Anarchy is a very dangerous road to follow, as it’s great when you agree with the aims of the protestors. When the anarchists try to force through  things you don’t agree with it’s not so good.  The only anarchy in the UK that I’ve ever agreed with was the single by the Sex Pistols 

Anarchy? Behave mate. This is disruptive protest. 

Supporting a cause that a significant majority of football supporters agree/sympathise with. 

Not exactly the real IRA, is it?

38 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Must just be me but I fail to see what they have achieved 

They won’t get the Glazers out on the back of it but it might make the 12 clubs think twice in their ongoing ESL discussions (nobody seriously believes it is a dead project surely). Smashing cameras and flares thrown at people is not the way to go but this game being cancelled will be big news in European football.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Ah come on. Surely a nice polite letter respectfully requesting the Glazers don’t join any more breakaway leagues would have had just as much impact as fans storming a stadium and stopping a major game going ahead...

If that doesn't work a major sticker and leaflet canpaign, that'll learn um.. 

21 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Anarchy is a very dangerous road to follow, as it’s great when you agree with the aims of the protestors. When the anarchists try to force through  things you don’t agree with it’s not so good.  The only anarchy in the UK that I’ve ever agreed with was the single by the Sex Pistols 

Ironically, I would argue the only "anarchists" effecting English football are the lawless individuals that reside as club owners, in the Premier League, FA, Uefa and Fifa. 

Fifa has been the very definition of anarchy for well over a decade!!

24 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It’s strange how some peoples support for protest changes depending on their thoughts on the cause

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

They won’t get the Glazers out on the back of it but it might make the 12 clubs think twice in their ongoing ESL discussions (nobody seriously believes it is a dead project surely). Smashing cameras and flares thrown at people is not the way to go but this game being cancelled will be big news in European football.

Neither is climbing all over the goal nets or stealing the corner flags. Mind you the average age of most looked about 14.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Funny how Sky’s mood has changed from 2 weeks ago when they were more than happy to whip up this anger.

Well quite - the greed in football started with there involvement! 

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I am certain the five security guards - Jack, Adrian, Tomas, Nathan and Tommy - tried their best to keep them out. Unfortunately communication was poor and they were in totally the wrong positions...

Joking aside there’ll be some serious questions asked about Man Utd’s security set up. High profile venues like Old Trafford shouldn’t be breached that easily. Not long ago they had a bomb scare there too. Heads will roll.  

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Joking aside there’ll be some serious questions asked about Man Utd’s security set up. High profile venues like Old Trafford shouldn’t be breached that easily. Not long ago they had a bomb scare there too. Heads will roll.  

Yeah what the duck would have happened if the Liverpool players were already in the ground!!!!

35 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Great stuff - football in this country is now lawless, the game belongs to the fans time to take it back

Interesting to see how many fans are prepared to splash some cash to contribute to buying players and paying their exorbitant wages....?

Don’t forget you may also be asked to contribute to building stands, training facilities and maybe pay a hundred full time to run ‘your’ club. 

Best pop out to buy a ticket for the next Euro lottery draw before you get in too deep. 

14 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Security Guards are supporters too.  

35 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Did they try REALLY hard to keep them out?

Let's be fair, if you're stuck on a gate with Larry, getting paid £20 an hour (I guess, amount is irrelevant) and you get a crowd of people come towards you wearing hoods, scarves and causing aggro, are you going to stand your ground and stop them all from coming in?

You might ask once, but when they ignore and charge towards you, and Larry has legged it - the only backup you have is your radio.

Would you let them through?

Thought so.

13 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Interesting to see how many fans are prepared to splash some cash to contribute to buying players and paying their exorbitant wages....?

Don’t forget you may also be asked to contribute to building stands, training facilities and maybe pay a hundred full time to run ‘your’ club. 

Best pop out to buy a ticket for the next Euro lottery draw before you get in too deep. 

I long for the day that one of these "big" clubs succumb to their mountain of debt and fold up. Wonder how many "fans" will be heading to their bank to organise an emergency loan.

Archived