IGNORED

Man Utd fans break in to Old Trafford and invade the pitch with flares in protest of the Glazers

Unan

• Admin
8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The billionaires who run the clubs can't afford the salaries either. The fact that Real Madrid and Barcelona can't run at a profit despite being the two biggest clubs in the world is literally the reason why the ESL happened, and the fact that the owners of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Juventus etc. can't make money from the game is why other teams joined the plans. 

Empty stadiums are an idea but the risk is they actually represent the fans handing over the negotiating chips. If the fans won't show then why take their views into account? 

Come on, how long would football with no crowds last, the televised games now are like training games, Sky apologising every other word for players swearing, it wouldn’t last long without fans.

I don’t agree with owners milking clubs, not sure how it changes, without some sort of legislation that would undoubtedly be challenged in court.  Also, any changes need to make sure that genuine benefactors as owners aren’t penalised or put off from becoming involved.

Haven’t heard much criticism of some clubs owners, Leicester for example, so maybe not all rich owners are the devils work?

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Come on, how long would football with no crowds last, the televised games now are like training games, Sky apologising every other word for players swearing, it wouldn’t last long without fans.

I don’t agree with owners milking clubs, not sure how it changes, without some sort of legislation that would undoubtedly be challenged in court.  Also, any changes need to make sure that genuine benefactors as owners aren’t penalised or put off from becoming involved.

Haven’t heard much criticism of some clubs owners, Leicester for example, so maybe not al, rich owners are the devils work?

I think the owner who died in the helicopter crash was well liked by the Leicester fans because he treated them well and with respect, I don't know about who is in charge now.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I think the owner who died in the helicopter crash was well liked by the Leicester fans because he treated them well and with respect, I don't know about who is in charge now.

I believe it’s his son.

Wiki agrees. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiyawatt_Srivaddhanaprabha

5 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Why are you blaming Sky?

My feelings, Sky are hypocrites, trying to take the moral high ground all of a sudden. This is a company that changes kick off times, changes the day of a game, has games on a Sunday evening, all with zero thought or respect for the actual fan who gets f@@ked about by all these things.

Football is a sport to watch live imo, it’s not a tv programme.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ironically, I would argue the only "anarchists" effecting English football are the lawless individuals that reside as club owners, in the Premier League, FA, Uefa and Fifa. 

Fifa has been the very definition of anarchy for well over a decade!!

Same with Kill the Bill, XR etc. 

Everyone lazily dismissing them as hippies and anarchists whilst governments and corporations literally looting the people and planet are given a free ride because it’s an inconvenience to disrupt them. 

Not going to read 5 pages as I’ve enjoyed a BH day out, so hopefully this has already been said but fair bloody play to the boys and girls who have done this and id like to think that if we were in the same position we would do the same. Let’s hope the game in this country is turning back towards being a game for the people and not for American / Russian / Qatari / Channel Islander (joke) shareholders who couldn’t give a fig ✊?

8 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Pretty sure Man U fans were against the Glazers. Also not sure Liverpool were super happy with FSG. I am going off memory but I could be wrong

Definitely- leveraged buyouts...the Glazers and bankers would have benefited more than the club with that one!

FSG and Liverpool more of a mixed bag but the Super League fiasco and their role will have turned things there a bit IMO.

On the Glazers bit though, I recall mid 2000's to maybe early 2010's it was quite feisty, then it kinda fell away...now it's back and notably so!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56966096

Reckon those who did the protest were more traditional fans- maybe some priced out or went to see FC United but still with an affection for club but not owners?

Highly doubt glory hunters or Johnny Come Lately's- likely shock horror perhaps from Salford/Manchester itself- imagine!

Or as those who were planning the Super League insultingly and disgracefully dubbed the bedrock- the lifeblood of clubs- "Legacy Fans".

11 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Presumably all those faces will be plastered across Manchester Evening News front page tomorrow and served with banning orders for min 12 months for invading the pitch?

Since the Plandemic will continue ad nauseum not much of a loss there.

Every set of fans in the country should do the same in solidarity.

12 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Shocking scenes really. They obviously love the club if they're prepared to break in, trample on the pitch and assault stewards. Ironically, they'll likely be banned for life now. It strikes me as very strange timing when United are second in the league with one of the most expensively assembled squads in football.

Quite a decent summary of events from this young lady 

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Quite a decent summary of events from this young lady 

Yeah she seems to have nailed it - although I would hesitate to call the people who broke into the ground 'fans'.

It's still a pretty baffling protest to me. United are flying at the moment, genuinely looking like one of the top teams in Europe. Second in the league, final of the Europa League, spending large amounts on transfers. So what's the gripe here? In defending the protest, Gary Neville mentioned that United used to win regular titles and get to Champions League semi-finals but don't any more. That's nothing to do with the Glazers - it's not like they're refusing to sanction the purchase of top players. United's team is full of them. United haven't been winning titles for the simple reason that Sir Alex Ferguson retired. I would've thought that Gary Neville of all people would realise that.

8 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yeah she seems to have nailed it - although I would hesitate to call the people who broke into the ground 'fans'.

It's still a pretty baffling protest to me. United are flying at the moment, genuinely looking like one of the top teams in Europe. Second in the league, final of the Europa League, spending large amounts on transfers. So what's the gripe here? In defending the protest, Gary Neville mentioned that United used to win regular titles and get to Champions League semi-finals but don't any more. That's nothing to do with the Glazers - it's not like they're refusing to sanction the purchase of top players. United's team is full of them. United haven't been winning titles for the simple reason that Sir Alex Ferguson retired. I would've thought that Gary Neville of all people would realise that.

But they are Man Utd.Trophies should be throwing themselves at them.Bitter now that they aren't the biggest fish in the pond.(Or even their own city).

28 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I'm guessing like any other big protest You get the hard core anarchist who looks for an opportunity to jump on the band wagon similar to what you've been witnessing in the centre of Bristol. As you rightly say the timing is a little strange considering that they're doing pretty well again and that they never seem short of funds when it comes to buying any top players. 

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Comes down to not wanting the Glazers as owners and its not performance on pitch or transfer issues. They essentially leveraged the club when they bought it, they used their funds to buy it but then put club assets up to get a loan which was essentially paying themselves back for what they bought the club for and have been paying the loan off since with the money the club makes. Since their takeover apparently the Glazer’s have taken about a billion pounds out of the club through dividends etc. There’s also the dislike of the Glazers for strategies such as forcing ST holders to buy a ticket for every cup game, I believe not buying a ticket essentially meant you’d lose your season ticket priority for next season or something. Add the ESL to the mix as well. 

Good to see that the Manchester United Supporters Trust have sent an open letter to the Glazers with 4 demands that must be responded to by Friday or else (yeah right). Good to see also all the long term, hard core, die hard United fans protesting or is it just the junior Red Devils turning up for a ruck ?

united.jpg

Just seen, the Glazer’s have taken more money out of Utd 1,073,000,000 than the clubs net spend on transfers since the takeover 1,005,000,000. They’ve taken out the equivalent of 200,000 per day

Fans gathering again but peaceful atm, there was an attempt to blockade the Liverpool team bus (as Utd have been inside the stadium for hours already) however it’s been revealed Liverpool had pulled a switcheroo and the official Liverpool bus wasn’t the one taking the players to the stadium 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Fans gathering again but peaceful atm, there was an attempt to blockade the Liverpool team bus (as Utd have been inside the stadium for hours already) however it’s been revealed Liverpool had pulled a switcheroo and the official Liverpool bus wasn’t the one taking the players to the stadium 

:laugh: it's all a bit ridiculous really

On 05/05/2021 at 20:06, downendcity said:

When I read “pitch invasion with flares” I immediately thought..................

spurs70.jpg

Great pic. For the ground nerds like me  - guess the ground.... I'm not sure but is it White Hart Lane , Park Lane end.

Flares 

image.thumb.png.0b57ab657a02dfc5b53bf56d0ea297ad.png

White with DM's !!

image.png

Archived